PDA

View Full Version : Tuf 4 ?

Tokyo's bad boy
11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
How does being the best of the worst grant you a title shot? That was a joke, but I really donít see how taking a bunch of guys with losing records and then making them battle it out determines a 1# contender. They just had to fight each other; they got to side step all the top competition out there and then based on beating each other get a title shot? They are all tuff guys and good fighters, but I donít think Serra or Lutter should be competing for the titles when there are far more worthy opponents out there. The whole concept just seems stupid- Take losing fighters- Make them Fight- And the winner automatically is shot threw the rankings and given a title shot. Anyone else think the entire concept of TUF 4 was stupid? I was pleased at first about TUF 4, but the title shot thing is unfair to fighters who were actually on winning records.

Howie
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
yea i completely agree. TUF 4 was a shamm to make money. it was fucking pointless

kowarrior
11-12-2006, 11:14 PM
yea i completely agree. TUF 4 was a shamm to make money. it was fucking pointless

The ratings reflect that. LOL!

Howie
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
yea i know...really really stupuid shot IMO. i was a fan of the first 3 TUF's but this one was just stupid. didnt make much sense

space
11-12-2006, 11:57 PM
It doesn't seem right.

ANTi
11-13-2006, 12:43 AM
TUF 4 was extremely dissapointing. I hope TUF 5 makes up for it.

mcochran84
11-13-2006, 01:09 AM
I don't know about you guys but i hardly watch any of this season. I wacthed all of the first 3 seasons and never missed a single episode. This one came along and I watched the first few and really wasn't that interested in watching them as much. Granted I still caught the replays later on in the week but I still wasn't very interested in it at all. Hope the next one is better.

Spun City
11-13-2006, 03:59 AM
I understand your point but its the whole underdog concept.....think of Apollo picking Rocky who wasn't a very good fighter and giving him a shot.....people love the underdog which makes it intrigueing......I would never pay to watch these title shots but at the worse they will be entertaining squash matches......also I read that Nick Diaz turned down being on the show and some other fighters as well so at least these guys stepped up and took the challenge

2mcgrath
11-13-2006, 04:06 AM
yeah i didnt like it near as good as the other seasons.i mean these guys have allready had a chance in ufc and made it no where.i liked the first 3 episodes because they introduced new talent into the octagon.i thought that was what the whole point of the show was suppose to be.but with the 4th season it just introduced people back into ufc that allready had lost enough to be put out of ufc.and will lose enough to be back out again

liddell316
11-13-2006, 06:18 AM
I liked seeing all of those guys again. but didn't care too much for the season.

00Fallon
01-14-2007, 01:02 AM
There was a couple of fighters on season 4 that are pretty good but by no means the cream of the crop. Guys like Lytle, Lutter, and Thomas are all good enough to beat mid level guys but will get bested by the top fighters. The only thing that made season 4 any form of enjoyable were the antics of Mr. International Shonie Carter.

Dibiase
01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I agree that this season fell short in overall interest level. I'm going to wait to judge these guys until after their title fights so I don't bite my tongue. At this point I'm not impressed by Serra's fighting skills. He's a good guy but if I'm not mistakin he didn't finish a single fight in the tournament. I think Lutter has a better chance but time will tell.

It would shock the industry if either of these guys won.

00Fallon
01-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Serra will get beaten badly. Have another match against a guy that hopefully beats him. Then maybe with any luck we wont have to see Serra ever again.

Lutter has a great chance to win. I don't believe that Lutter will play into Silva's game of a stand up/clinch fight. Lutter will look to take Silva down and control him for a decision. Anderson on the other hand will probably go out there and try to end it early before Lutter takes him down.

Don't count Lutter out, he has a chance.

Bigstu31s
01-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi guys, first post here. I've been catching the show here in the UK and loved the first 3 seasons, especially season 3 (I wonder why) but season 4 wasn't great and none of the fights in it were good either. Anyway looking forward to season 5