PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs. Morales III

The Deftone
11-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Well with this fight just around the corner how do you guys see this going?

I just have to go with Morales:)

Afro
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
my boy Pacqiao will win this! f' the fact that I mispelt his name!

The Deftone
11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Morales just has to much heart, he wont be beat!

JimmyMoore
11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Pac will box circles around Morales for about 9-10 rounds before sending him to the mat again. He's just too quick and powerful. Morales was such a great fighter, but Pac is the new generation.

Luis Cruz
11-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Nah i really don't see Manny boxing circles around anyone because he's not a very good boxer. lol But i do see him winning again, i'm not calling ko, i'll say a unanimous decision and give Morales the benefit of the doubt here for one last warrior stand in a losing effort. Pac is a wild swinging hard puncher and even though i think Morales will try his hardest to outbox him he will get drawn into a slugfest as always and get banged up. Morales' wars have caught up to him and it's about time for him to get out of the sport, his career and skills have diminished greatly from his prime self. I;m still going to root for him though, how can't you?!

I'm going to order this fight but i won't watch it until Sunday after work because Saturday is UFC and that always comes first then boxing. I have to be up super early Sunday fo work so i can't watch it after UFC. You won't see me around here after UFC starts Saturday night until sometime Sunday night just so it's not ruined for me. Look for 'Might' Mike Arnaoutis (undefeated and very good prospect who was suppose to fight Cotto a little while back but got injured) vs Ricardo Torres (the former undefeated guy which came out of nowhere and who almost ko'd Cotto a couple times before getting ko'd himself, i think he took Mike's spot to face Cotto) to rival the main event for fight of the night. If that fight wasn't on the undercard i might've not got it and just downloaded it somewhere or waited til next Saturday on HBO.

Afro
11-15-2006, 11:38 PM
ahhh damn dont tell me that this fight and UFC is this saturday

Punk Ass
11-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Morales just has to much heart, he wont be beat!

Do you really think before you start typing? You seem to have forgotten that Pac Man KOed Morales before. I dont give a shit how big your heart is, if you get hit on your chin and go to sleep, it wont matter. I don't think you really know much about boxing. Instead of just saying Morales has to Much heart, why dont you break this fight down for me. How will Morales avoid getting KOed, like he did before?

Donny77
11-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Nah i really don't see Manny boxing circles around anyone because he's not a very good boxer. lol But i do see him winning again, i'm not calling ko, i'll say a unanimous decision and give Morales the benefit of the doubt here for one last warrior stand in a losing effort. Pac is a wild swinging hard puncher and even though i think Morales will try his hardest to outbox him he will get drawn into a slugfest as always and get banged up. Morales' wars have caught up to him and it's about time for him to get out of the sport, his career and skills have diminished greatly from his prime self. I;m still going to root for him though, how can't you?!

I'm going to order this fight but i won't watch it until Sunday after work because Saturday is UFC and that always comes first then boxing. I have to be up super early Sunday fo work so i can't watch it after UFC. You won't see me around here after UFC starts Saturday night until sometime Sunday night just so it's not ruined for me. Look for 'Might' Mike Arnaoutis (undefeated and very good prospect who was suppose to fight Cotto a little while back but got injured) vs Ricardo Torres (the former undefeated guy which came out of nowhere and who almost ko'd Cotto a couple times before getting ko'd himself, i think he took Mike's spot to face Cotto) to rival the main event for fight of the night. If that fight wasn't on the undercard i might've not got it and just downloaded it somewhere or waited til next Saturday on HBO.
Correction: Manny wasnt a very good boxer. Now he's got a pretty decent right jab to compliment his left. Before he was a one tool boxer but now he's showing he's got some skills.

Back to a prediction, it'll look a lot like the second fight only it'll go to a dec. with Manny the winner.

Punk Ass
11-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Pac Man KOed Barrera and Morales, it take a pretty good fighter to do that. Whether he's a boxer puncher, slugger, Boxer, i dont give a shit, he kicks ass, so whats the point.

Luis Cruz
11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Pac is not a good boxer. lol He doesn't have some great boxing technique and skill, when he comes in with his wild punches his hands are still low. He just gets away with it because he has tremedous power in both hands and he's fast. A perfect example is his fight with JMM, he was blowing him out with that wild style for a couple round until Marquez figured him out and then outboxed him the rest of the way but got a draw because he was dropped like 4 times early in the fight. He has a straight left that connects because of the speed he has, other than that there's not much more to him. But hey it's been working for him so whatever.

JimmyMoore
11-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah box circles around him was probably not the best expression to use. I just meant I look for Pac to dominate from the opening bell with his speed and power. There is no doubt this will turn into a slug fest.

Salvy_Mic
11-17-2006, 07:26 AM
I dunno, Manny's been developing a pretty good right hook, which he used to rack Erik's body in the second fight. He improves with every fight, and that is scary. Pacquiao should follow the same game plan as before: rack the body, stay aggressive, and lure Morales into a brawl. Keep Morales on his heels the whole fight and stay on him, tearing the midsection apart before taking him apart at the end.

The Deftone
11-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Do you really think before you start typing? You seem to have forgotten that Pac Man KOed Morales before. I dont give a shit how big your heart is, if you get hit on your chin and go to sleep, it wont matter. I don't think you really know much about boxing. Instead of just saying Morales has to Much heart, why dont you break this fight down for me. How will Morales avoid getting KOed, like he did before?

Wow dude calm down, relax yourself. I know that pac man looks a strong fav for this fight and I know he has KO'ed Morales before but every fight is different. I know if you are to break down the fight and anilize it, it seems a easy win but hey nothing wrong with just rotting for your fighter. And I am rooting for Morales.

Next time you post remember its just a forum dude, no need to get your pantys up in a bunch. :wavesmile:

JimmyMoore
11-19-2006, 01:01 AM
No one has posted anything yet, and I havent seen the fight but here is a summary from fightnews.com

Pacquiao destroys Morales!
By Mike Sloan, Victor Perea, Albert Howell at ringside
A near-record crowd of 18,276 saw super featherweight superstar Manny Pacquaio (43-3-2, 33 KOs) annihilate Erik Morales (48-5, 24 KOs) on Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Arena in Las Vegas. After a slow first round, Pacquiao dropped Morales with a left hand in round two. Erik got up and fought back hard. Pacquiao knocked down Morales again hard in round three and again Erik got up and bravely traded. Pacman was too much, however, flooring Morales again. This time Morales just sat on the canvas and shook his head no. Pacquiao wins by KO at 2:57 of round three.

I cant believe Pac just ran through Morales like that. I was watching GSP run though Matt Hughes. Was this fight really as dominate a performace as it sounds?!

Punk Ass
11-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I figured Pac Man would win. And not surprised by how it happend.

Salvy_Mic
11-19-2006, 02:13 AM
I actually heard it was a very entertaining fight for the 10 minutes it lasted, it just ended early. Morales got knocked down 3 times, making Manny Pacquiao the only man to ever have unargued, uncontested knockdowns of Erik Morales (when Barrera knocked Morales down, it was highly controversial). Well, can't say I didn't see that coming, but I did think the fight would go at least 8 rounds. Anyway, looking forward to Pacquiao/Barrera II, maybe even Pacquiao/Marquez II.

Punk Ass
11-19-2006, 03:06 AM
Wow dude calm down, relax yourself. I know that pac man looks a strong fav for this fight and I know he has KO'ed Morales before but every fight is different. I know if you are to break down the fight and anilize it, it seems a easy win but hey nothing wrong with just rotting for your fighter. And I am rooting for Morales.

Next time you post remember its just a forum dude, no need to get your pantys up in a bunch. :wavesmile:

Ok I'm calm now. Ehem you were saying? he he he he:grinsmile1:

Next time I go on a rant you should take my advise and choose the fighter I choose to win a fight:fingersmilie:

Afro
11-19-2006, 09:17 AM
GREAT FIGHT Nuff said

Warchief
11-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Morales is done but i respecth him.

Luis Cruz
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
The undercard fight i wanted to see didn't deliver to it's potential and this one going only 3 rounds sucked. Although a VERY entertaining 3 rounds, not freakin' $50 worth! Morales is a warrior, he just got pulled into a slugfest yet again and paid dearly. He actually hit Pac with some hard shots that you can tell hurt him, he just wasn't able to keep going because of Pac's speed, it was too much for him. I hope he takes an easy fight to retire on top, i was a big fan of his and his fights, he never disappointed as far as entertainment goes.

Salvy_Mic
11-19-2006, 11:25 PM
The undercard fight i wanted to see didn't deliver to it's potential and this one going only 3 rounds sucked. Although a VERY entertaining 3 rounds, not freakin' $50 worth! Morales is a warrior, he just got pulled into a slugfest yet again and paid dearly. He actually hit Pac with some hard shots that you can tell hurt him, he just wasn't able to keep going because of Pac's speed, it was too much for him. I hope he takes an easy fight to retire on top, i was a big fan of his and his fights, he never disappointed as far as entertainment goes.

This does kinda beg the question though: if Hagler/Hearns were on PPV, would you felt like you got your money's worth? Definitely not saying that this fight was as good as that godly match, but the similarities are rather striking: nonstop-action for 3 rounds ending in a sudden knockout with a hot crowd in a HUGE fight.

Luis Cruz
11-19-2006, 11:52 PM
This does kinda beg the question though: if Hagler/Hearns were on PPV, would you felt like you got your money's worth? Definitely not saying that this fight was as good as that godly match, but the similarities are rather striking: nonstop-action for 3 rounds ending in a sudden knockout with a hot crowd in a HUGE fight.

I was more pissed at the undercard not delivering than the main event. Like i said it was a great 3 rounds but it wasn't worth $50 and the reason i said that is because the undercard was crap so basically i paid to see 3 great rounds of boxing for $50....that's bs.