PDA

View Full Version : Where IS the introduction forum?

UFCFanMan
11-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I am completely new here and the first thing I see is an invite to post in the Introduction Forum. I've looked all over the page and cannot find anything labelled Introduction Forum. I looked at the options in the popout menu but did not see it there either.

It would seem to me that the link to that Forum would be right next to the invite just to help a newbie find it?

It may be obvious to others and I'm sorry if I'm missing the obvious but I just don't see it.

strife
11-19-2006, 08:40 AM
To add a note, I am sick of the 1,000 new members we have that don't introduce themselves after every PPV.....can we please get some authority on this and kind of put a restraint on the trolls making ne threads?!

killerinstinct
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
there's an introduction thread stickied in the off topic section.:devil:
Welcome aboard ufcfanman.

Boo
11-22-2006, 08:07 AM
To add a note, I am sick of the 1,000 new members we have that don't introduce themselves after every PPV.....can we please get some authority on this and kind of put a restraint on the trolls making ne threads?!
How the heck are they supposed to accomplish that Strife?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the new ppl showing up after a UFC PPV, but I don't know what Admin is supposed to do about it.

strife
11-25-2006, 01:25 AM
How the heck are they supposed to accomplish that Strife?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the new ppl showing up after a UFC PPV, but I don't know what Admin is supposed to do about it.

No idea my friend....maybe put it out and above every other topic forum on the main page of the forums main page? Honestly seems like the MMA forum is the intro thread.

Clint
11-25-2006, 01:29 AM
I am completely new here and the first thing I see is an invite to post in the Introduction Forum. I've looked all over the page and cannot find anything labelled Introduction Forum. I looked at the options in the popout menu but did not see it there either.

It would seem to me that the link to that Forum would be right next to the invite just to help a newbie find it?

It may be obvious to others and I'm sorry if I'm missing the obvious but I just don't see it.

Here ya go: http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=277

Boo
11-25-2006, 02:27 AM
No idea my friend....maybe put it out and above every other topic forum on the main page of the forums main page? Honestly seems like the MMA forum is the intro thread.
I think putting the introductions at the top of the page is a good idea. When I first signed up I looked all over trying to find an introductions forum. At that time there wasn't even a sticky in off topic, so I gave up.

I was referring to how can they control the new people starting threads.

strife
11-25-2006, 03:32 AM
I think putting the introductions at the top of the page is a good idea. When I first signed up I looked all over trying to find an introductions forum. At that time there wasn't even a sticky in off topic, so I gave up.

I was referring to how can they control the new people starting threads.

I did the exact same when I first got here.

Maybe have then have to have 25-50 posts before you can start a thread? Is that possible?

Boo
11-25-2006, 03:59 AM
I did the exact same when I first got here.

Maybe have then have to have 25-50 posts before you can start a thread? Is that possible?
Man, you're thinkin'! I don't know if something like that is possible, but I like the idea.

Even if it was only 10 posts it would eliminate the ppl advertizing and the ppl who just register long enough to start a couple obnoxious threads and then we don't hear from them again or they are banned.

Were you around during UFC 64 when two different guys started racists threads? One was against blacks and the other against whites. It sucked. They were banned of course, but not before upsetting a bunch of ppl.

strife
11-25-2006, 05:09 AM
Man, you're thinkin'! I don't know if something like that is possible, but I like the idea.

Even if it was only 10 posts it would eliminate the ppl advertizing and the ppl who just register long enough to start a couple obnoxious threads and then we don't hear from them again or they are banned.

Were you around during UFC 64 when two different guys started racists threads? One was against blacks and the other against whites. It sucked. They were banned of course, but not before upsetting a bunch of ppl.

Sure was, I first started posting on this forum a week or two before the Penn/Hughes II fight if I remember correct.

Maybe after 10 posts or so it could be changed from "Lurker" to "Newbie" and only "Newbie" onward are able to make threads on the forum? I know that is possible.

Boo
11-25-2006, 07:24 AM
HEY LUIS!!! STRIFE AND I ARE SOLVING ALL THE PROBLEMS ON THE SITE. ARE YOU LISTENING? WHAT YOU THINK?

I need to know, we are going to work on world hunger next.

strife
11-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Are the mods hearing our cries?

Boo
11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Are the mods hearing our cries?
Think of all the good we could be doing while we're hanging out here.

strife
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I will not go ignored....

asljdfal;ksjl;dkj

Luis Cruz
11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Sorry guys, just caught this. That's a great idea to stop the bullshit spamming and idiots. I'll definately look for that and try and set that up now, thanks. Now go work on world peace.

Luis Cruz
11-30-2006, 11:03 PM
I had it set to email verification since they like to use fake emails but i changed it and tried what you guys said, it was a pain in the ass to setup but if i did it right then it should take someone 15 posts to start a thread. Someone feel free to make a new name and test this theory for me! :) If someone does come back to this thread and tell me if it worked. If you want come back here make 15 dumb posts in THIS thread and then try making a new thread to make sure that part works also. Thanks to whoever tries it out!

Bad Boo
12-01-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks Luis, my alter-ego will give it a whirl.

Boo
12-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Nope, didn't work Luis. Bad Boo started a thread after 1 post.

Luis Cruz
12-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Shit back to email verification then.

Boo
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Ah well, it was worth giving it a try...

duran
12-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Does Bad Boo think Matt Hughes' standup is bad? :grinsmile26:

Bad Boo
12-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Does Bad Boo think Matt Hughes' standup is bad? :grinsmile26:
No, Matt's standup is awesome. That GSP character cheated.

BTW, Rachelle and I are at Furniture World right now. She told me she never liked you.

duran
12-03-2006, 12:53 AM
BBB!

(BAN BAD BOO!)

Rachelle DID say she was shopping...I think I can forgive her for a little white lie.

Luis Cruz
12-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Well it's been 3 days since i did the email verification thing and i have not had to deal with any spam since then, i believe the problem is solved. They use fake emails so that won't work and if they made a real one, they would be completely wasting their time to make one, verify it, post the thread, just to have me remove it in under a couple minutes and ban them. So we should be done with that, damn i hate those pieces of shit. Why can't these losers get real jobs instead of making pennies being complete assholes.

Boo
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Kewl, glad it's working. It should help with the one type shock threads too.