PDA

View Full Version : Is Pacman the new P4P King?

leelandk
11-20-2006, 07:15 AM
IMO I don't know, so I would leave PBF at the top. But I think his win/dominance over Morales puts him over Winky.

Afro
11-20-2006, 07:29 AM
def the most exciting fighter out there, Top 3 P4P.

Punk Ass
11-20-2006, 08:51 AM
He's good. I think PBF is better skillfully and just as fast if not faster.

Dork8503
11-20-2006, 10:17 AM
yeah i agree, but pac is sure in the hell fun to watch

Warchief
11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't wait for pacman vs barera 2

Luis Cruz
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
To answer the thread title.....HELL NO. People start putting too much stock into someone after they beat a 'name' fight. Morales is already on the decline like i said in my post in the other thread. He has beaten Morales before, he beat Barerra yes, BUT he did not beat Marquez who i have on the p4p list also along with his brother. He can't surpass Floyd, Winky (even though i'm not high on him), or the Marquez brothers. He'd be lucky to be top 5 right now, he could be #5. He's going to have to beat Marquez first, which i've been waiting for a rematch for a while. Also Guzman just called him out and that would be a good fight. He has a couple more fights before he can be argued to be a top 3 p4p guy unless the other ones lose soon and they all have fights coming up.

Punk Ass
11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I can't wait for pacman vs barera 2

Naw, why would you want to get Barrera killed? I think Pac should fight Joan Guzman and Rocky Juarez then move up to 135 for a superfight with Diego Corrales for some real money and after he KO him fight Joel Casmayor for the LW championship. :grinsmile1:

Then he may be considered P4P best in the world!!

Warchief
11-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Naw, why would you want to get Barrera killed? I think Pac should fight Joan Guzman and Rocky Juarez then move up to 135 for a superfight with Diego Corrales for some real money and after he KO him fight Joel Casmayor for the LW championship. :grinsmile1:

Then he may be considered P4P best in the world!!
Barrera ask for it, and i dont think manny is going to be effective on that weight (135lbs and above) i still remember way back in 2001 when he's fighting on thailand. he is overweight (137 or something) he quickly keod by a thailander fighter by the named of a.ka. the battery, and pacman said he is not used to fight in this kind of weight,so he slim down to 130 and i think it's a wise move for manny he should stick to that weight.

Luis Cruz
11-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Corrales is going to 140lbs, there's no way Pac beat him at 135 or 140, too much size difference. 140 is also out of his reasonable reach to be effective still. I want him to fight Barrera again and Guzman.

Warchief- That was a Flyweight fight with 3k, he wasn't boxing at Lightweight. From what i know Manny has never boxed above 130 because he just moved up there when he fought Morales the first time.

leelandk
11-20-2006, 10:23 PM
To answer the thread title.....HELL NO. People start putting too much stock into someone after they beat a 'name' fight. Morales is already on the decline like i said in my post in the other thread. He has beaten Morales before, he beat Barerra yes, BUT he did not beat Marquez who i have on the p4p list also along with his brother. He can't surpass Floyd, Winky (even though i'm not high on him), or the Marquez brothers. He'd be lucky to be top 5 right now, he could be #5. He's going to have to beat Marquez first, which i've been waiting for a rematch for a while. Also Guzman just called him out and that would be a good fight. He has a couple more fights before he can be argued to be a top 3 p4p guy unless the other ones lose soon and they all have fights coming up.

I can see making a case for little Marquez being ranked higher than Pacman, but not JMM. Big Marquez didn't win that fight either, then went out and dropped his title to a pretty an unheralded fighter in Chris John. Is that the loss you are talking about? Juan's biggest fight was a draw with Pacman. While Pacman has gonna out and starched 2 first ballots Hall of Famers.

Salvy_Mic
11-21-2006, 04:41 AM
Well, just about all the greats have gone out and iced the greats of the previous generation, even when the greats were considered old. You'd have to be a fool not to take a fight like that.
Ali over Patterson
Holmes over Ali
Tyson over Holmes
Taylor over Hopkins
De La Hoya over Chavez
Camacho over Duran
Morales over Zaragoza
Marciano over Louis
Hatton over Tszyu
Pacquiao over Morales

And Mayweather's trying to add to his list by taking on De La Hoya. The young lion challenging the proud, older lion, and winning, has a long history in boxing.

Any way, I would love to put Manny at #1 of my P4P, but I'll have to wait until the Winky Wright fight before I alter my top 3.

On a side note, I hope Golden Boy ends up with Manny's contract. After the Barrera fight, Manny has a choice of Marquez, Soto, and Guzman afterwards, all of them Golden Boy fighters. The only big match for Manny if he remains with Top Rank is Valero, and I don't think Valero is ready Pacquiao yet. His power is enormous, but to me, he still looks very sloppy and he struggled against Mosquera. Not only that, while people talk about how Manny's never faced anyone with Valero's power, I don't think Valero's faced anyone with Manny's power. We at least know that Manny's got a good chin and a huge heart, and has the advantage of having been knocked down before, so he knows what it's like. With 18 first round KOs, a 2nd round KO, and a 10th round KO, I don't think Valero knows quite yet.

Afro
11-21-2006, 04:45 AM
Winky is my dog

I Think the P4P goes

1. PBF
2. Winky
3. Pacquiao

Luis Cruz
11-21-2006, 05:59 AM
I can see making a case for little Marquez being ranked higher than Pacman, but not JMM. Big Marquez didn't win that fight either, then went out and dropped his title to a pretty an unheralded fighter in Chris John. Is that the loss you are talking about? Juan's biggest fight was a draw with Pacman. While Pacman has gonna out and starched 2 first ballots Hall of Famers.

Have you seen Chris John (WBA Featherweight champ) fight?? lol He's great, unherald to a new fan of boxing maybe. He's the best Featheweight out there right now, barnone. I wish he'd come up in weight and fight Pac. And i had Marquez winning that fight with Pac also. That judge that had it 115-110 for Pac was on crack. After round 2 or 3 i believe it was, it was ALL Marquez, he completely outboxed him. 115-110 for Marquez like the other judge had it you can actually argue that it could've been. I had Marquez winning but i don't think by that wide a margin either. The 3rd judge with the draw that made it a draw was respectful i guess, i wouldn't argue that much even though i thought that was wrong also. Maybe someone can find the videos of Marquez/John and Marquez/Pac so everyone sees what i'm talking about.

Salvy_Mic
11-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Yikes, a Filipino fighting an Indonesian? I hope for both their sakes that this theoretical fight takes place in Vegas, because if John went to the Philippines to fight Pacquiao, man, the locals would absolutely torment him.

And for the record, I thought Pacquiao deserved the nod against Marquez, but I suppose that's how close that fight truly was. It's a shame, though, that Marquez, as great as he is and was, never got the opportunity to fight either Barrera or Morales. The great triumvirate of Mexican boxing these past 5 years, and Pacquiao alone has 10 knockdowns on them.