PDA

View Full Version : Best Punching Bags?

Afro
06-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Im lookin to chalk up some cash for one so what do you guys like the most based on material, weight, etc.

Matt Boone
06-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Everlast? Who knows lol. I only ever had one, a guy who owned Boxing.com at the time (boxinginsider.com owner) had his own boxing merchandise store and sent me a 70 lb. heavy bag. I never got it filled or hung up though, and eventually lost it. So I have no idea lol.

Mastiff_owner
06-20-2006, 05:45 AM
You really need to go out and hit a few before you buy one. I personally like the water bags. Its basically a heavy bag with a soft shell with water in it. It feels more like a body to me. Alot of people don't like them though.

volumeguy
06-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I liked the Everlast 80lb. bag I had in high school, until it cracked the basement 2X6 I had it hanging from; my folks were kind of pissed. A good, cheap bag (I learned this in the Army) is to use a standard G.I. duffle and stuff it full of clothes--one should be around five or ten bucks at a surplus store. The size and shape are perfect and it's thick canvas, and you can really compress the contents to get good weight. Run a small chain through the top center lock hoop and use nylon rope through shoulder straps to control swinging--cheap and effective.

Lance Roid
08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Best punching bag?

Jerry Quarry.

Luis Cruz
08-21-2006, 04:23 AM
I have an everlast set i just bought. The one i had before was also an 80lbs everlast and it was great. Depends how much movement you want from it. If you want it to swing around some get a 60lbs, happy medium is 80lb, and if you want it to laugh at you get a 100lb one. You can also get the stand like i have and buy a chain to connect the bottom also, so it doesn't move very far when you hit it. Speed bags are a little more tricky, you should go to the store and ask someone that knows something so you can buy one that fits what you prefer. I got a leather everlast one i fill 4-5lbs and that works great for me.

subman
09-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Im lookin to chalk up some cash for one so what do you guys like the most based on material, weight, etc.

Chuck Wepner?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Oldschool joke. Go try several, and make yoru choice. That is the best way to go.

subman
09-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Best punching bag?

Jerry Quarry.

I went with Chuck Wepner. We are both WAY to old:grinsmile1: