PDA

View Full Version : Vera Vs. Liddel

icecount8
11-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Don't know when it'll happen but these are 2 of my favorite fighters w/ Chucky being my #1 guy, what a fight this would be. Vera would finally fight someone on his level, and Chuck would get the best challenge he's had in awhile. Forget Offense, both these guys are just so tough to hurt, they would make it a blood bath. Just my opinion. I'm also really needin some Bisping action pronto, that guy will hold a belt very soon, guaranteed. I think he can hold up to anyone in the UFC right now, in his weight class of course.

TreK
11-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Don't know when it'll happen but these are 2 of my favorite fighters w/ Chucky being my #1 guy, what a fight this would be. Vera would finally fight someone on his level, and Chuck would get the best challenge he's had in awhile. Forget Offense, both these guys are just so tough to hurt, they would make it a blood bath. Just my opinion. I'm also really needin some Bisping action pronto, that guy will hold a belt very soon, guaranteed. I think he can hold up to anyone in the UFC right now, in his weight class of course.

Although I really like Vera... it's still way too early to fight Chuck. Honestly, I don't think the Brandon has really been tested yet... and in that I mean that he hasn't been badly hurt in a UFC fight and had to fight through it. Thus far, Vera has dominated his opponents.

Chuck on the other hand has had some major wars against Couture and his resolve has really been tested... and he came through it to win. That's a true test of heart and Chuck passed. Just like GSP was really tested against BJ Penn and fought through it, Vera must experience the same kind of adversity before he can really be considered a contender.

Unless you want to see Vera get destroyed, he needs a few more fights against top guys that Chuck himself has defeated before he's ready.

Dsm634
11-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Although I really like Vera... it's still way too early to fight Chuck. Honestly, I don't think the Brandon has really been tested yet... and in that I mean that he hasn't been badly hurt in a UFC fight and had to fight through it. Thus far, Vera has dominated his opponents.

Chuck on the other hand has had some major wars against Couture and his resolve has really been tested... and he came through it to win. That's a true test of heart and Chuck passed. Just like GSP was really tested against BJ Penn and fought through it, Vera must experience the same kind of adversity before he can really be considered a contender.

Unless you want to see Vera get destroyed, he needs a few more fights against top guys that Chuck himself has defeated before he's ready.

NTM Chuck is still LHW and generally the TUF coaches are in the same weight class and fight each other on/after the finale.

2mcgrath
12-11-2006, 01:00 AM
i would love to see chuck vs vera.i think it would be a great fight

Dork8503
12-11-2006, 02:13 AM
vera is one of my fav fighters, but i think he needs a few more fights to develop more, as right now chuck could knock him out because i havent seen vera's chin tested, but again vera could lock up with chuck and knock him out as well, vera has great leg kicks and is fast, i would still like to see him wait 6 months to a year before taking on chuck, if he contiunes to run through people like he has, its very well possible he could do the same to chuck, but now id have to take chuck because of the fact we really have seen vera truly test, at least his chin, if he proves to have a good chin i say he beats chuck, good sub ok to good wrestling, good stand up hes a good fighter and time will tell if he will be great