PDA

View Full Version : Why is the belt not held up?

Daellusx
01-10-2010, 01:32 AM
So i was watching TNA (professional wrestling) and when they have their championship matches the belt is held up for the audience to see. This got me thinking about the UFC. Unless i've missed it i cant remember the belt being held up when they're doing the introductions.

This got me to wondering why the belt is not introduced during a fight. Seems to me that if the title is so important then they should show case it before the fight to let the fans know what is at stake. I also realized that i dont even know what the belt really looks like for the UFC. Yet i can tell you how the belt that Stone Cold wore looked like and the one that John Cena wore looked like.

Guess what my point is why doesnt the UFC showcase their belt the way an entertainment company does? They should market their belts just as much as they do the fighters holding the belt for the simple fact that fighters come and go but the belt will always belong to the UFC.

Now if i'm just blind and dont notice them show casing the belt before the start of a fight then i'm sorry and you can just ignore this post.

Pasha K
01-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Well to be honest I dont see the point of helding a belt.
I think we have enough with the hyping of many overrated fighters to have also the hype of some belt.

the_dark_angel_4ever
01-10-2010, 04:34 AM
So i was watching TNA (professional wrestling) and when they have their championship matches the belt is held up for the audience to see. This got me thinking about the UFC. Unless i've missed it i cant remember the belt being held up when they're doing the introductions.

This got me to wondering why the belt is not introduced during a fight. Seems to me that if the title is so important then they should show case it before the fight to let the fans know what is at stake. I also realized that i dont even know what the belt really looks like for the UFC. Yet i can tell you how the belt that Stone Cold wore looked like and the one that John Cena wore looked like.

Guess what my point is why doesnt the UFC showcase their belt the way an entertainment company does? They should market their belts just as much as they do the fighters holding the belt for the simple fact that fighters come and go but the belt will always belong to the UFC.

Now if i'm just blind and dont notice them show casing the belt before the start of a fight then i'm sorry and you can just ignore this post.

No offense, but I think you said it in your post. I think the UFC doesn't want to be associated with "entertainment" companies like the WWE. They've spent so much time and money differentiating their product and they want it to come off as being legit. I still know quite a few people that believe MMA is fake.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the ref hold up the belt right before the fight a couple times, but I'm not 100% sure.

Pasha K
01-10-2010, 05:52 AM
. I still know quite a few people that believe MMA is fake.

Well if those people are your friends I really apologize for what I am going to say but they are retarded, I cant understand how anyone can think that MMA is fake.

For example I cant understand either how people over the age of 12 can think that pro wrestling is real, but for me its even more impossible to imagine how someone can think that MMA is fake.