PDA

View Full Version : Mark Coleman needs to win or retire (promo)

thesincrusade
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/stakes-ufc-109-randy-couture-just-likes-compete-mark-coleman-needs-win-or-retire

We've been waiting for the UFC to tell us what the importance of the Randy Couture-Mark Coleman main event at UFC 109 really is. Finally, the wait is over. To the untrained eye it might just look like two MMA dinosaurs going at it because neither of them has anything better to do, but that's far too simplistic. Really, this fight is happening now because it didn't happen back when both guys had hair and you could still become a UFC champ by beating up fat dudes who wore shirts into the Octagon. But beyond that, Dana White explains that Couture wants to win because he's a competitor and winning is better than losing, as a rule, but "as far as livelihood and career, Mark Coleman needs this win a lot worse than Randy Couture does."

Translation? Couture has a little money saved, as well as some other sources of income, but Coleman is broke as a joke and needs this paycheck bad. Cue the close-up of Coleman looking old and haggard, juxtapose it with clips from his dominant, extremely well-muscled youth, and then close with DW suggesting that Coleman's fourteen-year career has all been preamble to this fight, intoning, "if he can go in there and beat Randy Couture, wow, holy [expletive], Mark Coleman's back."

And scene. That's how you cut a promo, people. And, just in case you're curious, this is how you deal with a frustrating loss...

Trojan Fight Club
01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm pulling for Coleman. It's not that I don't like Couture, I just always thought that in his prime Coleman was better. He went to Japan and Couture stayed here, and who could forget his amazing roid rage after losing to Fedor?

thesincrusade
01-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah theres a clip of the famous roid rage if you click the link. I too would like to see Coleman win. Should be a good battle regardless.

mma #1 fan
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
If mark wins (he wont ) and they give him a shot at the title i will never watch the UFC again
I don't hate mark nor love him but he is no were near the top at 205 he i think his hart would erupt if he had to go in to the 4th round much less the 5th . I don't think he could fight five rounds hell he don't seem able to fight two .

thefirm0
01-15-2010, 12:24 AM
clinch work on the fence, randy will put him on his back and he'll be done. randy can sap the best fighters in the world of their energy, coleman is going to get demolished.

Pasha K
01-15-2010, 01:13 AM
I think that Randy will dominate him, I dont like Coleman at all, he is so boring to watch and I have seen some of his videos and he is not very respectful.

On the other side Coutures performances against Nog and Vera were not very good, but I hope he will demolish Coleman.

Unfortunately I have the feeling that it will be a boring fight that will go to the distance. I hope I am wrong, but I think all the time they will be on the ground pushing eachother against the fence and trying some GnP.

notBJpenn
01-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Everybody loves to Bump and Grind, Couture by slightly homosexual body hugging.

Trojan Fight Club
01-15-2010, 05:05 AM
normally when two great wrestlers meet its a stand-up war. let's hope this match-up follows suit

TheDoucheyWun
01-15-2010, 07:10 AM
If mark wins (he wont ) and they give him a shot at the title i will never watch the UFC again
I don't hate mark nor love him but he is no were near the top at 205 he i think his hart would erupt if he had to go in to the 4th round much less the 5th . I don't think he could fight five rounds hell he don't seem able to fight two .

Im very much with you.. Not a huge fan of either fighters respect both of them though, In this fight Randy destroys Coleman via 2nd rd tko, With a completely dominating 1st round going to randy.. coleman will be done after this fight.:dancingsmile:

bobafett
01-15-2010, 09:06 PM
both guys had hair and you could still become a UFC champ by beating up fat dudes who wore shirts into the Octagon.

he he funny but not true.

Trojan Fight Club
01-16-2010, 05:47 AM
i remember the Don Frye fight against that fat guy in a tank top and sweatpants. wtf was he doing in the UFC?

dbader08
01-16-2010, 08:23 AM
I think Coleman is going to win a decesion.

He's bigger and stronger than Couture, and his wrestling is good enough to get Couture down. Couture's reflexes have slowed too, and its not like hes going to knock anybody out these days.

The only thing is: if he has trouble taking Couture down, he could gas out early..

tazzgoof
01-17-2010, 04:36 AM
I say Coture in 2nd round via coleman's heart exploding from roid induced gas-out. Can't even belive this fight is happening. Coture must be bored or something. Even if he wins, how is beating this scrub get him closer to Machida? Gary Goodridge a couple of loser Japanese turds 15 years ago don't measure up to the performances Randy has put on during his 1st stint at 205 let alone heavyweight. No way Coleman beats Silvia by 5 round schooling or lasts 3 rounds with captain unstoppable Big Nog. Cloeman is irrelevent. I'd rather watch Randy fight a new face, some up and comer than this waste. At least the undercard is good, but no chance of seeing some prelims on PPV cuz the main event will run long while the paramedics are trying to restart Coleman's oversized heart...