PDA

View Full Version : Demian Maia VS Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza

m1ckeykn0x
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Would be a great fight to watch, both have stellar ground skills.

MirJitsu
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Agreed, it'd be an exciting fight, but if Jacare's last fight is any indication I think he would definitely be able to outstrike Maia. I'd pick Jacare by TKO.

cnlclink
02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Agreed, it'd be an exciting fight, but if Jacare's last fight is any indication I think he would definitely be able to outstrike Maia. I'd pick Jacare by TKO.

I have to agree with this one. Just one thing I wonder about, will Jacare be so loose with his punching against Maia? Jacare is good yes, but he wasn't very concerned about going to the ground IMO so that allowed him to be more free striking. Against Maia he should be rather concerned about going to the ground with him. Maybe Maia is not better on the ground but I certainly think he would hold his own and maybe could even pull something off. Also consider that Maia trains with Wandy, that's gotta be helping his stand up (though maybe not striking defense).

Anyway I agree and think Jacare would win but by decision.

M1S3N3R
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Will the UFC ever pursue Jacare?

IraVirus
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Jacare. I think Jacare's mma game is a bit more rounded than Maia's.

TheDoucheyWun
06-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Jacare for sureee, leaps beyond maia striking I believe and pretty even jits

MarceloGarcia4Prez
06-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Jacare is a better wrestler striker more athletic and there ground grappling will cancel eachother out so id say jacare by ko

Dr. MMA
06-22-2010, 05:53 AM
I think Jacare's jits are a little better than Maia's but not to a point it would be significant on the ground. Both have improved striking but I think Jacare's has improved more, even though Maia showed really good striking against Miller. As MarceloGarcia4Prez mentioned he is definitely the better wrestler and much more athletic and I think that is the most significant advantage he has.

It's obvious that I pick Jacare.

MarceloGarcia4Prez
06-22-2010, 06:09 AM
i got another arguement and i maybe wrong but if maia can drag jacare into the 3rd round i do belive jacare will gas or atleast break mentally i may be completely wrong there but thats another thought i just had

TheDoucheyWun
06-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Jacare Seems as if he would guess 1st that would be a good assumption.. My problem with this dream fight is id want a grappling match and im pretty sure jacare would make it a stand up battle and be able to keep it there

MarceloGarcia4Prez
06-22-2010, 06:51 AM
ya i agree as long as jacare doesnt gas that maia just doesnt offer enough tools to beat him