PDA

View Full Version : Help For Research Paper on MMA

KamikazePongtha
02-04-2010, 04:14 AM
I'm new here and I gotta say, I love this forum and website. I come here at least three or four times a day, everyday.

Anywho, I would love a favor from you guys. I'm writing a college research paper on anything I desire, and I decided to choose Why Isn't MMA Legalized in all the states since it has become a mainstream sport and pretty much bigger than boxing.

I need a few reliable website sources and thoughts or opinions.
I need the following questions to be answered.
Though I pretty much know all these answers, I'm having troubles finding resources.

1. Why was it frown upon and what John Mccain tried to do to the UFC.
2. How has it become so popular?
3. What's the differences between boxing and mma.
4. Why, even nowadays, is mma still frowned upon?
5. What can we do to legalize the sport in states such as New York.
6. How has it become a worldwide phenomena.

Thanks for your time!

evergleam
02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Well I think a good start would be to learn about the early UFC and some of the early greats. I don't really know of any websites that you can use as solid references for a college paper, but then again your teacher may understand that when it comes to MMA credibility is something that is debatable with the population in general (i.e. McCain).

If you can get your hands on Chuck Liddell's book or any other fighter books at your local library that could help as well.

When you finish it I'd like to read it.. send me a copy.

Alyosha
02-04-2010, 09:05 PM
There are a lot of legitimate websites and news orgs that have written a lot about what you are looking for. There are some books out there too, but most of the good print info will be in magazines....do a Lexis search for UFC and MMA and you will find a lot.

I have done a lot of work/research on UFC contracts, so if you happen to need help there let me know

other than that, good luck...sounds like a real good, original topic for a college research paper.

SickNasty
02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
You can also contact local state athletic commissions and probe for yourself all the hassel it takes to get something regulated.