PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar: Because We Expect Less From Him

wolunt
02-05-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.clumsycrooks.com/media/files10/mugshots/brock_lesnar.jpg

Canada’s Health Care: “This is a country in which dogs can get a hip replacement in under a week and in which humans can wait two to three years.”—Dr. Brian Day, 2007-08 President, Canadian Medical Association

Just when it seemed that all was forgiven (but certainly not forgotten), Brock Lesnar went and did something completely unthinkable...

He spoke his mind.

What on earth was the big man thinking, criticizing the Canadian Health Care System?

Doesn’t Lesnar know that he was put on this earth for the sole purpose of entertaining the masses?

Beating people up for our own selfish enjoyment?

Being that heel that we all love to hate?

Lesnar’s destiny is to serve the public as an idol, which would represent everything that we hate about our own shortcomings and miserable, unfulfilled lives.

In Column A, we all get to live vicariously through Lesnar and wonder what it must be like to be rich, famous, monstrous, and married to a smokin’ hot Playboy model (ya Brock...we all know that you like to “get on top” of her...thanks for rubbing it in!).

In Column B, we then get to spin right back around again and look down our noses at Lesnar as we somehow convince ourselves that we are all better human beings than he is because our own personal values do not include “cocky” behavior (ya, right...because we’re all so perfect!).

Is it just me, or does the “over-the-top” hatred that Lesnar conjures up in people seem a lot like the green-eyed monster—jealousy?

As a society, we seem quite disinterested in how celebrities or athletes view the world.

They can sing, act, play guitar, throw a football and guillotine choke someone unconscious, but under no conditions do we ever want to hear them express their thoughts on unemployment, health care, politics, education, crime, and most of all—life.

But maybe we have just become too cynical?

Perhaps we view the involvement by celebrities as an intrusion—or a personal insult?

Isn’t it bad enough that they get the coolest jobs on earth? To top it off, they think they have something of importance to say as well?

Not on my watch, fight fans!

It’s like when you go to a rock concert and the singer starts talking about world politics and starving children in Africa—it’s just so selfish.

Blah, blah, blah...people are dying.

Blah, blah, blah...save the whales.

Hello!! We came to hear you sing...not bitch and moan about the hardships of life.

[SHOCK]

Okay...okay...settle down, I’m obviously kidding, but don’t tell me that we expect more from our athletes because we definitely expect less.

For some reason completely unknown to me, we still trust the word of a politician over that of someone who can probably better empathize with the best interests of the fans who had made them so successful in the first place...

• View topic - Brock Lesnar: Because We Expect Less From Him (http://bit.ly/dzJSdC)

I think too many people care or actually listen to what celebs say. Yeah, they are free to speak their mind but their mind carries the same value to me as the homeless guy I walk by. People just get too worked up over this stuff. Fighters say stupid stuff all the time. No reason Brock shouldn't be any different or held to a higher standard. I highly doubt Brock bashing the Canadian Health System really lost him or gained him many fans. Brock had a strong enough personality where most have already made their decision about how they feel about him. I like him, I think he's good for the sport but I really don't give a damn about his political agenda's.

frogman
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Brock lesnar=REDNECk

wolunt
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
maybe, but a redneck that can bring it.

Bones McGee
02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
maybe, but a redneck that can bring it.

Ask Herring he got it deliverance style.

wolunt
02-05-2010, 12:47 PM
As Dueling Banjo's enters my head.

captonion
02-05-2010, 12:57 PM
dumb thread!!

Kersed
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
dumb thread!!

Indeed

this shit is irrelevant now. :deadhorse:

He said stupid things about the Canadian health care, to try and make a political statement about American health care. The Canadian hospital fired back and made him look like an idiot.

end of story, moving on to relevant news now...

LefthookStcrook
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
good read.

I've always said that Brocks big problem with the Canadian healthcare system was....you ready for it.. HE GETS TREATED LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!

In America, if you dont got money, you dont get served. In America If your rich and famous, you can skip right ahead in any waiting list you want and get the organ of your choice in days. Now in Canada, everyone is treated fair. We go by a first come, first serve basis.

Brock went into the E.R, expecting to be rushed right in, jump ahead of everybody else, and be out in time to watch TV, doesnt happen that way here. We dont care how rich or famous you are, other people are just as sick or sicker then you Brock and you gotta wait your turn.

I've lived in both the US and Canada, was never an American Citizen, but can deffinatly say when it comes to Healthcare, I rather be in Canada. Everyone is treated the same, and I got the same chance of getting an organ then anyone, no matter how famous they are, or how much money they can throw at the nurses.

Thats the place that I wanna live.

And if thats a 3rd world country according to Brock because he cant throw his money around and he gets treated like an average person, then looks like I live in, and love this 3rd world country

rivethead
02-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm adding MMAcrypt to the watch list of crap sites on probation.

If I see any more of this poorly rendered nonsense, they're getting the automatic noobjack treatment.

rh

lwbrewer
02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Who here actually knows how Brock was treated in Canada!! Both countries have good and bad doctors. The odds though of a bad doctor still practicing is greater under a govermental program in the US or Canada. As the gentalmen stated above your treated equall may I ask how long it takes for one of it's parlament/ goverment to get treated up their. My point isn't saying it is bad or good just that I don't think it is equall either.

snakebite
02-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Just because everyone in canada has healthcare does not mean its all good. And for the record it is not free. You really think the government fronts the bill? your crazy. I would rather be in america 100%! Maybe we dont all have healthcare for free but if you get injured and dont have health insurance. I bet if you did research for 1 second you will find that there are clinics EVERYWHERE that will take you for something like a $30 co-payment fee. Its not like your out on your ass. Canada can also decide to treat you or not. Sometimes they will sometimes they wont and thats bullshit! as far as brock complaining, he should be thankful he had any kind of health assitance. I hate brock and frankly think its an insult to all mma practioners who have trained hard there whole life only to be put at the bottom of the rung because a guy has star power, NO SKILL (yes i said it) and he happened to be born big. I cant wait untill lesnar gets outclassed.

braddahmatt
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
good read.

I've always said that Brocks big problem with the Canadian healthcare system was....you ready for it.. HE GETS TREATED LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!

In America, if you dont got money, you dont get served. In America If your rich and famous, you can skip right ahead in any waiting list you want and get the organ of your choice in days. Now in Canada, everyone is treated fair. We go by a first come, first serve basis.

Brock went into the E.R, expecting to be rushed right in, jump ahead of everybody else, and be out in time to watch TV, doesnt happen that way here. We dont care how rich or famous you are, other people are just as sick or sicker then you Brock and you gotta wait your turn.

I've lived in both the US and Canada, was never an American Citizen, but can deffinatly say when it comes to Healthcare, I rather be in Canada. Everyone is treated the same, and I got the same chance of getting an organ then anyone, no matter how famous they are, or how much money they can throw at the nurses.

And if thats a 3rd world country according to Brock because he cant throw his money around and he gets treated like an average person, then looks like I live in, and love this 3rd world country

money can get you special treatment anywhere in this world... including canada.... youre an idiot if you havent realized that yet

TBEAR
02-05-2010, 04:06 PM
I will not get in this politcail debate over who heathcare is better.... we have Brock back in a few monthes and let it be
END THREAD

gotblood?
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
good read.

Two things:

1. Your spelling and grammar are atrocious.

2. Your comments make YOU no better than HIM.

Get a ****ing clue.

gotblood?
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
money can get you special treatment anywhere in this world... including canada.... youre an idiot if you havent realized that yet

I just said the same thing after dropping him a few rating points.

He made an idiotic comment.

wolunt
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Tough crowd. :confusedsmilie:

It's all good, I thought it was an ok read, don't agree with it so much but didn't get all butthurt about it either. :dry:

LefthookStcrook
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I just said the same thing after dropping him a few rating points.

He made an idiotic comment.

I couldnt give two shits if you Neg'd me, I'd like to hear some insight into how you know this?

My mother is a PSW at our regional hospital and shes told me plently of times that, police sherrifs, the mayors wife's friend etc etc have been in the hospital expecting some type of special treatment, and not one of them get it.

Lets say im loaded with cash and my kids got a broken arm, you really think I can just walk into the E.R, give the registration nurse a $100, walk right into the docs office, get my kid his cast then walk out??? While theirs Asthma patients, babys, the elderly, trauma patients and several others in need of care first?? Where the fuck do you live?

Two things:

1. Your spelling and grammar are atrocious.

2. Your comments make YOU no better than HIM.

Two things.

1.I didnt relize I was back in high school and my grammar mattered, you obviously read it, so it must be good enough.

2. WTF are you talking about? He called canada a 3rd world country, im defending that and disagreeing with him, but yet my comments make me no better then him? Please explain. Did I call America a 3rd world country? No. so STFU

Kemo
02-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Being a fucktard is one of many things that Brock Lesnar seems to excel at.

gotblood?
02-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Two things.

1.I didnt relize I was back in high school and my grammar mattered, you obviously read it, so it must be good enough.

2. WTF are you talking about? He called canada a 3rd world country, im defending that and disagreeing with him, but yet my comments make me no better then him? Please explain. Did I call America a 3rd world country? No. so STFU

Judging by your response, you're obviously extremely young. My guess would be around 18. And while I was able to read your post, it was truly a struggle.

On another note, if you think "grammar" stopped mattering since high school, then you truly are an idiot, and I thank God that most Canadians are not like you. Except for the douches that come to South Florida for the Winter. They're pathetic.

And if I have to explain how your comments make you no better than Brock...well...again, you're an idiot. I'm sorry you need me to do everything for you, but one of these days son, you're going to have to get out there into the world and begin to do things for yourself.

It's pretty clear that I wasn't the only one that thought your comments made you sound like a 2 year old...

Grow up.

GSPvsSILVA2012
02-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Has Lesnar said anything regarding the retaliation?

Bones McGee
02-06-2010, 02:12 AM
I halfway agree with you snakebite about the no skill statement.I also believe that Rjjr got by with little skill his entire career. Roy Jones would have retired undefeated if he had been schooled the way Mayweather JR was. The sad thing is that I also believe that Brock is like him while he may not have the talent Roy jones had, he definetly has the physical ability. If its not 100%natural is a question, but also it seems to be. Manny failed a P.E.D. test and he makes more in one season than Brock has makes in 3 years. I can't rationalize a man making this sport look so easy with so little experience.

I am aware that wrestling is the easiest base to transition into mma successfully, and also I know he uses his physical gifts to remain dominant. I believe that Carwin would have ko'd him though if they had fought in november.

roaddawg
02-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Judging by your response, you're obviously extremely young. My guess would be around 18. And while I was able to read your post, it was truly a struggle.

On another note, if you think "grammar" stopped mattering since high school, then you truly are an idiot, and I thank God that most Canadians are not like you. Except for the douches that come to South Florida for the Winter. They're pathetic.

And if I have to explain how your comments make you no better than Brock...well...again, you're an idiot. I'm sorry you need me to do everything for you, but one of these days son, you're going to have to get out there into the world and begin to do things for yourself.

It's pretty clear that I wasn't the only one that thought your comments made you sound like a 2 year old...

Grow up.

What if he was young does that make a difference? I swear some of you spend way too much time and effort worrying about the wrong things.

Why don't you focus on the content of his post instead of worrying about typos and semantics? All you're doing is bringing down this forum by starting unnecessary flame wars over bs.

If you seriously care that much about grammatical errors and misspellings why don't you ask one of the mods for admin rights so you can go around correcting everyone's shit?

Gawd Dayum quit looking for a reason to bash other posters.

LefthookStcrook
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
What if he was young does that make a difference? I swear some of you spend way too much time and effort worrying about the wrong things.

Why don't you focus on the content of his post instead of worrying about typos and semantics? All you're doing is bringing down this forum by starting unnecessary flame wars over bs.

If you seriously care that much about grammatical errors and misspellings why don't you ask one of the mods for admin rights so you can go around correcting everyone's shit?

Thank you so much, instead of focusing on the points of my post, he just completley ignores him, and restates his shit over again. Making my post a complete fucking waste of time. He speaks shit like he knows what hes saying, I post real life experience to backup my claims, and ask him to do the same, and he doesnt, justs ignores it all.

Saying im 18 cuz of grammar errors? Im fucking 25, with a great job and my own house, fuck if i care what my grammar looks like on one internet site.

Well its funny how you were the only guy to neg me in the last year, and sinced you've neg'd me I've gotten 7 positive rep's back for rippin you, so keep it goin dude cuz looks like more people on here think that YOUR the 2 year old.

McTee
02-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I think anyone that creates a strong opinion based on one quick experience with no effort to look into the subject any further deserves criticism for their remarks. Usually, the comments will come across as ludicrous and uneducated anyways.

Brock's comments were asinine, mostly because he made a blanket statement regarding a whole country's health care system because of one experience at a tiny hospital that apparently didn't have the facilities to treat his fairly rare condition. His statements were ridiculous, but more importantly, he showed the type of person he is by actually choosing to speak out without thinking very much about his experience in relation to the bigger picture.

His comments regarding the future of the American health care reform were uneducated as well. Obama is not trying to change the way doctor's practice medicine, he is trying to hold Insurance companies accountable to their clients that give them money, and trying to close the back door that these companies always try to sneak out the back of. He is also trying to create legislation that forces insurance companies to cover those with less incomes, likely through government subsidization.

braddahmatt
02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I couldnt give two shits if you Neg'd me, I'd like to hear some insight into how you know this?

My mother is a PSW at our regional hospital and shes told me plently of times that, police sherrifs, the mayors wife's friend etc etc have been in the hospital expecting some type of special treatment, and not one of them get it.

Thank you so much, instead of focusing on the points of my post, he just completley ignores him, and restates his shit over again. Making my post a complete fucking waste of time. He speaks shit like he knows what hes saying, I post real life experience to backup my claims, and ask him to do the same, and he doesnt, justs ignores it all.

Saying im 18 cuz of grammar errors? Im fucking 25, with a great job and my own house, fuck if i care what my grammar looks like on one internet site.

i really dont care how old you are or what your grammar looks like but when you start claiming what your mommy tells you as "real life experiences to backup my claims" you make that other guy sound spot on.

gotblood?
02-06-2010, 06:54 PM

http://tsfiles.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/pot-kettle-black.jpg

gotblood?
02-06-2010, 07:04 PM
back for rippin you, so keep it goin dude cuz looks like more people on here think that YOUR the 2 year old.

It's "you're" not "your."

But hey, since you're so eager for my response when it's clear you lack the ability to see how I said 'you're no better than Brock,' I'll do it for you:

Your post came off, not just as an "anti-Brock" post, but as an anti-American post as well. You make assinine comments on American health care based on "real-life" experiences that come from your...hehe...mother.

Sorry...I found it difficult to type that out without laughing.

It's pretty clear Brock could not keep his political agenda out of his mouth when speaking about the incident; NEITHER COULD YOU.

I don't give two ***** how many experiences you OR your mommy had in dealing with U.S. Health Care. You spouted off your opinion as a "fact," which it is NOT.

It was, like Brock's comment, UNEDUCATED and IGNORANT.

And having Roaddawg take your side on a particular view is about as "successful" as having sex with Roseanne Barr while at the same time having Rush Limbaugh play with your ears.

Sure, it's sex, but it's an experience meant for the retarded.

Oh, and I find it hilarious that Rd would be the one to comment about grammar, since for a 35 year old, both of you seem to have equal brain power.

Edit: By the way, LeftHookCrook, this is what you wrote to me when you "neg'd me:
Fuck you "Moron" How would you know this? You must know personally how the medical system works eh

Pretty mature, huh? And yes, I personally know how the AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEM works much better than you do.

Much. Again...grow up. You want to continue to talk politics(and how you know jack and shit about them), PM me. I'll save this forum from any more childish rantings.

LefthookStcrook
02-07-2010, 12:41 PM
It's "you're" not "your."

But hey, since you're so eager for my response when it's clear you lack the ability to see how I said 'you're no better than Brock,' I'll do it for you:

Your post came off, not just as an "anti-Brock" post, but as an anti-American post as well. You make assinine comments on American health care based on "real-life" experiences that come from your...hehe...mother.

It's pretty clear Brock could not keep his political agenda out of his mouth when speaking about the incident; NEITHER COULD YOU.

I don't give two ***** how many experiences you OR your mommy had in dealing with U.S. Health Care. You spouted off your opinion as a "fact," which it is NOT.

It was, like Brock's comment, UNEDUCATED and IGNORANT.

And having Roaddawg take your side on a particular view is about as "successful" as having sex with Roseanne Barr while at the same time having Rush Limbaugh play with your ears.

Oh, and I find it hilarious that Rd would be the one to comment about grammar, since for a 35 year old, both of you seem to have equal brain power.

Edit: By the way, LeftHookCrook, this is what you wrote to me when you "neg'd me:
Fuck you "Moron" How would you know this? You must know personally how the medical system works eh

Pretty mature, huh? And yes, I personally know how the AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEM works much better than you do.

Much. Again...grow up. You want to continue to talk politics(and how you know jack and shit about them), PM me. I'll save this forum from any more childish rantings.

Wow, I cant even believe im even responding to this, you're obviously the 18 year old keyboard warrior that just think he's hilarious.

This post is much like the same shit you spew, completely useless. You worry about spelling, which is not important at all. You make more comments about my mom, then the point of the post. If I would have said a family member, you would have lost about 60% of your "burns". That shows what type of a poster you are. You will dance around the point of the post, while bitching about spelling and trying to make other kids like you laugh, you must be soo proud that you spit out this gem.

Four whole sentences of non-sense. You didnt get any laughs, so I hope you enjoyed wasting your time. I cant even believe im wasting my time right now trying to tell you how fucking stupid you look. This is a MMA news site, all of my post have to do with MMA. 90% of your post are garbage, complete junk that has nothing to do with the accual topic.

Again more of the same childish shit, you could have easily posted without any of those childish lines. Shows how mature you are, bitching to me about maturity.

First of all, I wasn't trying to sound "anti-America" as I've said, I've lived in Maine for years and have tons of family there, makes no sense. Anti-Brock? Sure whatever you think.

Also I never once claimed to know about the American healthcare system because of my own personal experiences, if you read the post you'd read that I was talking about the Canadian healthcare system. Since that is what this thread is about right?

Read again fucktard, I said Canadian. Never once did I say I had any real-life experiences with the US healthcare system. For someone who reads through a thread looking for grammatical errors you should have known this. Instead you base your whole post around something that I never once said, again, making your post completely useless, and a waste of time.

Wow dont talk to me about maturity, cuz if you can read, it shouldnt be hard to tell whose more mature. You, with all your lame jokes, and never addressing the topic. Or me who doesnt focus on jokes, but rather the main point of the thread. And if you know how the American healthcare system works better then me then FUCKING POST SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!.

I give an example on what I know. While this is you. "I know more then you, end of topic!" Without saying anything educational, you say absolutley nothing about the american healthcare system in your 3 post of garbage!! Think about that for a second... you've taken time out of your day to post 3 times about nothing! never adressing the topic once, just dancing around the main points and trying to get cheap laughs. And you talk to me about maturity?? Go fuck yourself.

I'd love to have an intelligent debate with you about this but it's clear that your not capable of that. This thread is where it should be and Im done responding to your childish shit, if you wanna debate like adults, post something usefull and act like a fucking adult. Besides that

/thread

Tiny Neustra
02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow... Just wow, First off Brock was making a comment on the health care that he received, it did come out wrong but factor in a couple facts from the Vancouver Sun for a moment...

That unnamed medical centre, which is said to have been in Gimli, Man. [correction: new information points to Brandon, Manitoba, population 41,000, as the location of Lesnar's misadventures], wasn't up to the fighter's standards.
UFC champ Brock Lesnar says Canadian health care like 'a Third World country' (http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Brock+Lesnar+says+Canadian+health+care+like+Third+ World+country/2464293/story.html)

Alright so Brock Lesnar was most likely in a City of 41,000 people, I come from a City in Idaho of 52,000 and the doctors here are good, but for rare issues like what Brock had the staff was not knowledgeable enough, nor were they equipped to handle a serious issue like what Brock had, now I have to quote again please bare with it,

"I love Canada," said Lesnar. "Some of the best people and best hunting in the world, but I wasn't in the right facility."

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he added. "It was like I was in a Third World country, I just looked at my wife and she saved my life and I had to get out of there."

Now does this sound like Brock is bashing on Canada at all? No it does not, he is talking about the specific health care he received with his illness, Now put yourself into his shoes for a moment, You are the Current Heavyweight Champion of the UFC, you have always tried to be in the best condition you are in, your family depends on you to put food on the table (now Brock does have a lot of money, but this is his lively-hood here) your in a hospital that the Dr. basically tells you he doesn't know whats wrong with you. He had a bad experience, and made a statement on his bad experience, I don't really blame Brock for his statements, did they have class No, but they were his opinion. Whats funny is people hang more on the words of a celebrity than they do a regular person.

This last part is to Lefthookstcrook and gotblood? please remain on topic and don't turn this into a bash between two people, please spare our forum reading for this garbage going on between you two, and take it to pm. Spare us all of the Idiocy that is about to ensue.

:rtrp:

Rise
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM

Lets say im loaded with cash and my kids got a broken arm, you really think I can just walk into the E.R, give the registration nurse a $100, walk right into the docs office, get my kid his cast then walk out??? While theirs Asthma patients, babys, the elderly, trauma patients and several others in need of care first?? Where the fuck do you live?

Guess Mom never told you about the time all the Calgary Flames, Toronto Raptors and Maple Leafs, jumped the line and got there Swine Flu Shots before all the priority people when there was a severely limited supply of the vaccine at the time. (Senoirs, Children etc..)

It does happen.