PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see coach?

Afro
06-19-2006, 04:10 AM
Name the two guys you would want to see coach TUF in the future

My votes go to

Renato Sobral and Brandon Vera assuming that Vera becomes a top fighter in the UFC.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Name the two guys you would want to see coach TUF in the future

My votes go to

Renato Sobral and Brandon Vera assuming that Vera becomes a top fighter in the UFC.

Vera is a great choice because his interviews are entertaining and it would make for great television.

I know this has about a zero chance of happening but if he came back to UFC ever I'd love it if Wanderlei Silva was a coach. I can't even fathom what the fuck he'd be doing the entire time.

Afro
06-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Vera is a great choice because his interviews are entertaining and it would make for great television.

I know this has about a zero chance of happening but if he came back to UFC ever I'd love it if Wanderlei Silva was a coach. I can't even fathom what the fuck he'd be doing the entire time.
can Wandy speak english?? ive honestly never heard him speak english..

Kimuras"R"Us
06-19-2006, 06:46 AM
can Wandy speak english?? ive honestly never heard him speak english..

I thought about that before I posted and realized that if he can speak English, great. If he can't, that's even better. The man's a lunatic I don't care if he speaks English or just mutters some crazy Brazillian battle cry and tries to fight everyone. I just thought of the craziest person I could think of when answering the question.

Afro
06-19-2006, 07:00 AM
I thought about that before I posted and realized that if he can speak English, great. If he can't, that's even better. The man's a lunatic I don't care if he speaks English or just mutters some crazy Brazillian battle cry and tries to fight everyone. I just thought of the craziest person I could think of when answering the question.
Ha ha aint that the truth and Portugese is a nice on the ears too if hes screamin that out it would be a show! but I dont think the UFC will be able to find what? 10 fighters? that can understand Portugese.. but ey! if Matt can get a translator why cant Silva?

mattsoper
06-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Could you imagine Tim Sylvia coaching......I think that would be interesting to watch

Lindland VS Militech coaching battle might be kinda cool

I bet you they bring in royce to coach....I don't think I would like it

also I predict in the future maybe like TUF 10 if there is one Griffin VS Bonnar coachign battle

hmmm....I'll give it more thought

Afro
06-19-2006, 07:38 AM
can Royce coach? thats the real question hes never branched out as a fighter.. can he coach anything outside of BJJ? that be interesting to see.. he could end up Ken Shamrock V. 2

mattsoper
06-19-2006, 07:58 AM
I don't want to see royce coach...for the same fact you brought up...he would only try and teach BJJ....but you still gotta think that they may go down that road

They should bring in chuck norris to coach

absoface78
06-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I gotta say first that Royce is the bomb....not the first Vale Tudo Champ, but in America, he brought it to the forefront. Him coaching would vastly increase the submission ability of his team, but he would have to have someone good to help him with striking, not his mediocre training partner. I say mediocre cuz he's not a good MMA fighter, not cuz he can't kick my ass....I want to avoid the "His partner could kick your ass" talk.

I wish Royce would actually train seriously in striking, cuz his brother Rickson represented!!!!!

:partysmilie1:

yumitree
06-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Lindland VS Militech coaching battle might be kinda cool

that's happening... in the ifl.

Afro
06-19-2006, 08:32 AM
see thats why I like guys like Sobral and Vera.. cuz there possible candidates from the UFC and they got pretty complete games, now Vera's isnt elite yet but hes on that road, and Sobral might just be champ soon.

other guys I can see bein' possilbilities is Jeremy Horn, GSP, BJ Penn, AA

TapOut27
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
First time posting! I believe dana white said that he wants his coaches to fight at the end of the competition just like Liddel and Couture did, and Shamrock Ortiz. So basically you need to look two coaches in the same weight class. I would make it so that if they fight at the end of the season the winner would get a title fight, assuming none of them are title holders at the time.
Vitor and Babalu
Trigg and Penn
Arlovski and Monson (or Mir)

Afro
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Franklin and Hughes didnt fight though

Alvin
06-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Nah, you need a couple of fighters who have a grudge & can teach (and speak English after all this is television!).

Evan Tanner & Phil Baroni. They can bring in their own assistants & the format should be complete amatuers.

The applicants would be whittled down based on fitness & desire a la that WWE reality programme for the first 2 shows until the final twenty competetors are left then split into the two teams.

That way all of us armchair fighters can see what it's realy like to get our asses kicked in by mma fighters!

Kemo
06-20-2006, 04:40 AM
Joe Rogan and John McCarthy

manntis818
06-20-2006, 05:03 AM
i was just thinking and it coul may be then tuf 5 bj penn and who ever is the light wieght champ..........so that mean bj penn will get a title shot and plus i herd that it will be light wieghts and and welter weights in tuf 5

Afro
06-20-2006, 05:43 AM
i was just thinking and it coul may be then tuf 5 bj penn and who ever is the light wieght champ..........so that mean bj penn will get a title shot and plus i herd that it will be light wieghts and and welter weights in tuf 5
hmm who would be the LW champ.. either Sean Sherk, Yves Edwards, Sam Stout, or Spencer Fisher.. honestly ima go with who I think would make the better coach not who will win the belt and say

Yves Edwards and BJ Penn.. that be nice.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Let the record state that I just heard Wanderlei Silva say "This is Wanderlei Silva"... and since he could say that in English, I'm just going to go ahead and assume he can speak perfect English and can one day be a TUF coach.

Alvin
06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Let the record state that I just heard Wanderlei Silva say "This is Wanderlei Silva"... and since he could say that in English, I'm just going to go ahead and assume he can speak perfect English and can one day be a TUF coach.
Err, mate I can say a few sentences in Swedish, Portugeuse, Spanish, French, Italian & German.......I can't fluently speak any language other than English.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Err, mate I can say a few sentences in Swedish, Portugeuse, Spanish, French, Italian & German.......I can't fluently speak any language other than English.

Haha I know buddy, I was joking. Wand I think would be the most entertaining coach if we could just find a way to get around the language barrier.

Alvin
06-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Haha I know buddy, I was joking. Wand I think would be the most entertaining coach if we could just find a way to get around the language barrier.
Someone posted a Japanese advert with him & Coleman (i think it was for a razor). If you haven't seen it you gotta.
He could do that throughout the show, I'll definately watch it!

Riverspeed2d
06-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Probably Dan Severn and Royce Gracie, or a pair of the Gracie Family, perhaps Renzo and Royce or Rickson.
Or some classics like josh Barnett and Pedro Rizzo.
George St Pierre and Mayhem Miller, Now that would be awesome!

alexd
06-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Quinton Jackson and Brandon Vera, how does that sound?
And they never should have had Franklin and Hughes, should have been Hughes and BJ Penn and that would have been a major build up to a PPV.
They could have given Penn 250 000 for the show and they would have quadruppled their money on the PPV.
Just my opinion.

killerinstinct
06-22-2006, 05:59 AM
I'd like to see 2 HWs.
Whoevers fighting for the title at the time they have the show.

Alvin
06-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Quinton Jackson and Brandon Vera, how does that sound?
And they never should have had Franklin and Hughes, should have been Hughes and BJ Penn and that would have been a major build up to a PPV.
They could have given Penn 250 000 for the show and they would have quadruppled their money on the PPV.
Just my opinion.
I think at the time of TUF2 Dana was suing Penn & his ROTR promotion.

Would have been interesting for him to get him in as a coach!!??

killerinstinct
06-22-2006, 06:22 PM
the original plan was to have tanner be one of the judges than matt hughes would come up in weight to fight him that didn't work out b/c rich beat him for the MW title and hughes didn't want to come up and fight him since they were good friends.

#1taz
06-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Monson and AA would be good.

Monson was coaching for ATT and training with them in florida and is now running their pacific northwest academy for them with Dennis Halman that ATT opened up in washington state.

He's got a good wrestling background, has a belt in brazilian jui-jitsu, and is also a pro boxer...so he could definitely bring some great skills to teach the guys.

Or maybe Monson and Barnett....

BTW..I was just going through some of ATT's old news headlines on their site...and Monson's been on a hell of a run...just not in the ufc untill lately.

But he's been kicking a lot of people's asses for a while now just about everywhere else though...lol