PDA

View Full Version : It would be possible to do this?

Pasha K
02-23-2010, 07:07 PM
I have never bought a UFC PPV (and if they continue to make things like now I think I will never buy one), so I have a question. When you buy a UFC PPV is there some option that allows you to turn off the comments? I mean you hear the crowd and everything but you just dont listen to Goldie and the other one.

I just ask for curioisity, because I think it would a good thing for many people that buy the PPV.

For example I have some Pride DVDs, and the comments are by french commentators, and they are boring and very stupid, fortunately there is an option to desactivate the comments so I can easily enjoy the entrance music, the crazy woman screaming and the crowd.

mattc25
02-23-2010, 11:02 PM
....why is it that you refuse to buy a UFC ppv ?.....please don't tell me it is because you think the UFC killed Pride ?......and to answer your question I don't think you can just hear the crowd noise.......but imo the US crowds suck anyways,so why would you want to hear them ? I'm sure if I burn the PPV from my DVR on to disc or computer their would be a way to just filter out the announcer's.

Pasha K
02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
....why is it that you refuse to buy a UFC ppv ?.....please don't tell me it is because you think the UFC killed Pride ?......and to answer your question I don't think you can just hear the crowd noise.......but imo the US crowds suck anyways,so why would you want to hear them ? I'm sure if I burn the PPV from my DVR on to disc or computer their would be a way to just filter out the announcer's.

The fact that I dont buy UFC PPVs has absolutely nothing to do with Pride.
Its just that I dont think the UFC PPVs are worth to pay 50 dollars.
I wont pay 50 dollars just to see 5 fights, of those 5 fights only 2 or 3 are going to have important names.

For me a PPV worth of 50 dollars is something like Pride Itadaki, they had like 10 fights, they made a great show, there were lots of important names. UFC cant do that.

mattc25
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
The fact that I dont buy UFC PPVs has absolutely nothing to do with Pride.
Its just that I dont think the UFC PPVs are worth to pay 50 dollars.
I wont pay 50 dollars just to see 5 fights, of those 5 fights only 2 or 3 are going to have important names.

For me a PPV worth of 50 dollars is something like Pride Itadaki, they had like 10 fights, they made a great show, there were lots of important names. UFC cant do that.....very reasonable answer. I can understand that point of view. The reason I posed the question is because a lot of people blamed the UFC for the death of PRIDE and still hold a grudge to this day.

...So say a miracle were to happen and Fedor made it to the UFC,would you buy that card ?.....I would hope so...lol.

joeyP
02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Why buy when you can stream?

But in all seriousness, Pashak, there is no option like that on a live PPV. It's either mute or all the sounds

rivethead
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
The ability to turn off commentators while keeping ambient noise is a tracking feature in the digital recording. It wouldn't work unless it were broadcast with tracking features, not just in stereo.

I don't buy UFC PPV's, but when I watch them I just turn the sound off and play music. I have no desire to listen to Goldie or Rogan and the majority of the interviews.

rh

SWIFTboy
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
The ability to turn off commentators while keeping ambient noise is a tracking feature in the digital recording. It wouldn't work unless it were broadcast with tracking features, not just in stereo.

I don't buy UFC PPV's, but when I watch them I just turn the sound off and play music. I have no desire to listen to Goldie or Rogan and the majority of the interviews.

rh

Even though I understand your reasoning behind preferring sans-commentary, I'm the exact opposite. I refuse to go to a bar to watch UFC (mainly) because people are loud and I can't hear what Joe Rogan is saying. I think it's just proof that branding can work even when you're fully aware of what's going on.

One-Way
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I would pay 50 bucks to see a spoon fight a spatula!

mma #1 fan
03-02-2010, 02:14 PM
most of the time the crowd is booing or cheering ( always seems to be at the wrong time to IMO ) so if thats all u care about then if u ever plunk down your $50.00 bucks
just mute the TV.