PDA

View Full Version : James Toney=Butterbean?

The Sensational One
03-13-2010, 05:58 AM
I was just thinking with all this James Toney UFC crap, that there may be a way to see how James Toney will do. I think looking at how Butterbean has handled mma we can learn alot about how a heavy handed boxer(although an argument could made that butterbean is not as good a boxer as toney) with no ground game would fair.

There boxing stats are:

Butterbean- 77-8-4 with 58 KO'S 5'11 78" Reach wieghing from 300-417 pounds

James Toney- 72-6-3 with 44 KO'S 5'10 72" Reach wieghing from 157-235 pounds

I am not going to post Butterbeans Kickboxing but his mma record is- 12-7-1 and has lost to people weighing much less than him Genki Sudo tapped him out in Butterbeans first mma match and he is a 155lber.

So my question to you guys is- Will James Toney be another Butterbean? Why or why not?

IceCold48
03-13-2010, 06:10 AM
I was just thinking with all this James Toney UFC crap, that there may be a way to see how James Toney will do. I think looking at how Butterbean has handled mma we can learn alot about how a heavy handed boxer(although an argument could made that butterbean is not as good a boxer as toney) with no ground game would fair.

There boxing stats are:

Butterbean- 77-8-4 with 58 KO'S 5'11 78" Reach wieghing from 300-417 pounds

James Toney- 72-6-3 with 44 KO'S 5'10 72" Reach wieghing from 157-235 pounds

I am not going to post Butterbeans Kickboxing but his mma record is- 12-7-1 and has lost to people weighing much less than him Genki Sudo tapped him out in Butterbeans first mma match and he is a 155lber.

So my question to you guys is- Will James Toney be another Butterbean? Why or why not?

no because in majority of butterbean's mma wins he was facing guys who was so much bigger then because he was fighting in super heavyweight and unlimited weightclasses. toney is saying he doesn't want to cut weight and wants to fight at heavyweight where pretty much all of his opponents will be bigger then him. butterbean also had some training in mma while james toney doesn't have any at all. butterbean has even hit arm bars on people lol.

CanadianProFighter
03-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Butterbean is in no shape compared to Tooney. In the last match he was in it took 30 seconds for it to be over. We have the video of the whole fight if you want to watch it.
Check it out ButterBean Match Last week (http://www.canadianprofighter.com/2010/03/jesse-ghost-gross-wins-butterbean-gets.html)

Leucoethiops
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Gotta love it when the 'fans' throw cans of beer/pop into the ring at people...