PDA

View Full Version : Is Calzaghe crazy or what?

shenku68
12-01-2006, 06:20 AM
I read an article that says he intends on breaking on breaking Bernard Hopkins title defense record. He has a fight coming up against Peter Manfredo Jr. and if he beats him, he will tie Hopkins record. This is possible but he didn't look that good in his last fight against Bika. But that is not crazy part. He called Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. broken records and all talk. Hopkins would execute Calzaghe. Hell Jermaine Taylor would give him a good fight.

Punk Ass
12-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I read an article that says he intends on breaking on breaking Bernard Hopkins title defense record. He has a fight coming up against Peter Manfredo Jr. and if he beats him, he will tie Hopkins record. This is possible but he didn't look that good in his last fight against Bika. But that is not crazy part. He called Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. broken records and all talk. Hopkins would execute Calzaghe. Hell Jermaine Taylor would give him a good fight.

Hopkins is an incredible fighter, but I can't help but think at any time his age will show. He can't be that indestructable fighter forever so I wouldn't be surprised if Calzaghi pulled off a very close split dec.

RJJ is my favorite fighter ever but I can't deny he's all talk right now. He's way past his prime, his chin and speed has depleted and he looks very sad. Calzaghi shouldn't even entertain that fight.

Jermaine Taylor vs Calzaghi would be a hell of a fight that Taylor would win by Unanimous dec.

BTW, styles make fights and sometimes fighters have bad days. Bika seems to be a very good solid fighter. It happens!!:confusedsmilie:

Hypergit
12-01-2006, 09:53 AM
he didn't look that good in his last fight against Bika.

He didn't look great (mainly because of his showboating imo), but he won nearly every round against a tough fighter.

Besides, he earned himself a mediocre performance by annihilating Lacy in one of the best performances of all time (yes, I know Lacy was over rated, but that doesn't detract much from his performance imo).

git.

Salvy_Mic
12-04-2006, 01:56 AM
I really want Calzaghe to fight Kessler after the Manfredo fight. It would be the first truly meaningful title match in any weight class in a long, long time.

TheBonger
12-10-2006, 11:27 PM
i think if the Calzaghe/Taylor fight happens, Taylor will be exposed for a guy with a whole lot of athletic ability and not alot of boxing skill. Calzaghe via dominating Decision.

Afro
12-10-2006, 11:33 PM
he beats an overrated Jeff Lacey and now hes runnin his mouth, Winky would handle this kid

Dork8503
12-10-2006, 11:51 PM
winky is the man

Dork8503
12-10-2006, 11:52 PM
if taylor fights like he did saturday i dont see him beating winky again if they fight let alone anyone with great spead and skill

TheBonger
12-11-2006, 12:02 AM
if taylor fights like he did saturday i dont see him beating winky again if they fight let alone anyone with great spead and skill

hell beat him again, i dont think he beat him the first time. Actually he didnt did he? wasnt it a draw?

Dork8503
12-11-2006, 01:44 AM
yeah it was a draw, i like both fighters but i had winky ahead by 1 round, just looked bad when taylor would hit him and move him but actually not to any damage, i think winky will beat him if they fight again

Punk Ass
12-11-2006, 07:21 AM
yeah it was a draw, i like both fighters but i had winky ahead by 1 round, just looked bad when taylor would hit him and move him but actually not to any damage, i think winky will beat him if they fight again

Reguardless of what anybody says or how many bad fights Taylor has.......He beat BHop twice! The first time looked like BS to me and both fights were close but reguardless he did good enough to have a close fight and even have people thinking he won....AGAINST BHop!!!!!!! Give that man credit, no one can beat him, no one!!

Dork8503
12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
yeah but he couldnt beat winky, and you sit there and say no one, no one, thats a load of shit, anyone can be beat on any given day, specailly in boxing, you get the ko shot its over, and winky has all the tools to beat him, the fight fight winky could have won if he fought the 12th round, but he didnt so oh well, and Taylor can be beat, and will be beat, soon as he fights winky again

Punk Ass
12-11-2006, 02:08 PM
yeah but he couldnt beat winky, and you sit there and say no one, no one, thats a load of shit, anyone can be beat on any given day, specailly in boxing, you get the ko shot its over, and winky has all the tools to beat him, the fight fight winky could have won if he fought the 12th round, but he didnt so oh well, and Taylor can be beat, and will be beat, soon as he fights winky again

Ok, maybe the "NO ONE" thing was a bit hasty but yeh Winky is a very good fighter but Taylor will win a rematch especially with emanuel steward in his corner.

TheBonger
12-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Ok, maybe the "NO ONE" thing was a bit hasty but yeh Winky is a very good fighter but Taylor will win a rematch especially with emanuel steward in his corner.

fighting like he did last night?

Punk Ass
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
fighting like he did last night?

Dont let that sloppy fighting fool you. He'll be ready. Plus he'll have 12 rounds to get his shit together and they've fought before. He will be ready when the time comes. But dont get me wrong, I'm no Taylor fan and I hope Winky whips his ass.