PDA

View Full Version : Carwin vs Dos Santos

dan the man 67
03-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Who takes it?

BigJoe111
03-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Would be awesome, this one would end in KO for sure, I think that Carwin has a bit more power and that could be the difference. I think we will see this fight at some point in time.

m1ckeykn0x
03-24-2010, 06:44 AM
i mentioned wanting to see this fight. it would definitely end with a nasty KO. i dont know, it would be great to see JDS knock out Carwin. But what if the opposite occured...

rob_bills
03-25-2010, 02:20 AM
i say Carwin, we haven't seen much ground game from either fighter but i think Carwin would just pin him down and smash him..

The Sensational One
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I say JDS. Carwins stand up is no where near JDS and for some reason i think Carwin would bang with him. I also am suspect on Carwins ground game, u do not think it is as good as the hype and maybe that he feels comfortable striking now which would be a careless mistake against JDS. I have yet to see a takedown by Carwin but he has little to no head movement and am unsure on how he would shoot in. I think with what JDS has shown i will go ahead and JDS by 1st round knockout.

TBEAR
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Ground

JDS
BJJ under the Nogs= greta BJJ

Carwin
Great wrestler with hella power

STANDING
JDS
Good power and great technique with very fast hands

Carwin
God like power in those cinder blocks he calls hands.

KTFO RD 1
Great fight but I will take JDS

rivethead
04-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I think they're the two most dangerous HW's in the UFC, so I think it's inevitable that they matchup. I think JDS is more skilled, but less gifted. My heart says skill over gifts every time, but I think it's a tossup.

rh

Kimbo> Rampage
04-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I think JDS is more skilled, but less gifted.
rh

Carwin Hits very hard and had huge brick hands, but imo JDS is the more gifted one. He has speed that carwin and most hw's do not. He also has very good timing and accuracy, and while they are able to be improved, some people are just born with superior reflexes. H also has power maybe not as much as carwin. But His strikes will come at you a lot faster, he throws them in combos, and he has great counters. He is very explosive. When you combine speed, power and technique you become very dangerous. Carwins hits very hard but he would not be able to hang with JDS standing. Saying that we do not know how JDS will handle carwins wrestling and strenght and JDS has to always be cautious of carwins punching power.

rivethead
04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
JDS's reflexes and his power are gifts, but his combos and accuracy are all skills that he's had to work to attain.

That's what I meant in differentiating the two.

rh

Trojan Fight Club
04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I take Carwin here. I see him being too powerful for JDS. JDS has great striking, but I feel like Carwin has a much better chance at putting JDS out. Either way it goes, they're both amazing fighters and I can't wait for this eventual matchup

mattc25
04-02-2010, 07:09 AM
...JDS would take this fight in a one round war. I just don't see Carwin taking JDS down and when he did shoot for the takedown JDS KO's him. Then starts his reign over the UFC HW division.

TBEAR
04-02-2010, 09:13 AM
^^^For sure a race to the KO

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Even though Carwin could probably stand with JDS, why would he? I'd say he pushes his ass against the cage in the clinch and throws bombs or even pounds him out on the ground. To me it looks like JDS has overall better standup and Carwin is a bit awkward looking when hes actually throwing punches toe to toe. JDS by KO if Carwin just trades with him. However, Carwin by TKO is my pick.

dan the man 67
04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
One thing that impressed me with Carwin's fight against Mir was how effective his short punches were in the clinch. They packed a lot of heat, enough to put Mir in a daze. I could see him doing exactly the same thing to JDS........

mattc25
04-03-2010, 02:36 AM
....dude those punches Carwin threw vs. Mir would have knocked Fedor out. That was dirty boxing at it's best imo.

....JDS is to quick and his skillset is much better than Mir's......I think JDS is just to fast to get pinned up against the cage like Mir did.