PDA

View Full Version : Jones vs Machida

dan the man 67
03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Who wins?

steve_44
03-27-2010, 06:25 AM
i hope if they fight they both loose somehow. They both seem full of themself, even though JJ dosent act like it. And Lyoto kept up the act like he actually beat shogun.

Kimbo> Rampage
03-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Very hard to call. We need to see more from Jones. Unless the fight takes place in 3+ years, Jones CANNOT stand and strike with Machida. The question is if Jones can get Machida down, keep him there, and how well machida works off his back. Jones has impressed me with his takedowns and could be considered on the level of GSP for best mma takedowns. I highly doubt that Jones would be able to beat machida now or in the next year or so. He has too many holes. He would get picked apart standing and im still questioning his ground game.

initial_zen
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM
im going with machida. i dont think jones will be able to touch machida.

The Sensational One
03-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Machida by outclassment. Machida will destroy Jones in striking and is not that easy to take to the ground and is no slouch on the ground. Jones is a good up and comer, he hasn't even faced a top ten opponent yet, lets not get to carried away by his wins just yet. I say give him Thiago Silva or maybe Jardine, although i belive Jardine is booked, see how he does, then maybe the loser of Forrest and lil nog. He is atleast 1 to 2 years away from fighting Machida depending on how he does in his future matches.

Ramma
03-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Machida via KO. I don't think Jones has much to offer most top LHWs yet.

JKIceman
03-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Machida all the way. 1 bad night does not a bad fighter make.

lwbrewer
03-27-2010, 06:05 PM
By the time it happens Jone might be a little more ready but as of now Machida should take it. As said before we need to see more of Bones to tell. Should be a great fight to watch

steve_44
03-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I think people r giving machida 2 much credit. The only serious striker he has ever faught he won very controversially and in imo he lost.

The Sensational One
03-28-2010, 08:32 AM
I think people r giving machida 2 much credit. The only serious striker he has ever faught he won very controversially and in imo he lost.

Umm no. Rich Franklin, Thiago Silva, you could even throw Stephan Bonnar in if you wanted. and 4 out of his 6 fights leading up to Machida Rashad KO'd or TKO'd his opponent. Rashad is the greatest striker but he is evolving.

But for sure Shogun(which i think he lost but either way), Rich Franklin, Thiago Silva.

The Return Of......
03-28-2010, 08:41 AM
i hope if they fight they both loose somehow. They both seem full of themself, even though JJ dosent act like it. And Lyoto kept up the act like he actually beat shogun.

i gotta ask.....how can someone be full of themselves but not act like it??? if they dont act like it then how can you see it????? maybe you mean he is confident. and if bones gets ahold of machida, then yes he could beat him now. in the next 3 years jon bones jones will be champ

steve_44
03-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Umm no. Rich Franklin, Thiago Silva, you could even throw Stephan Bonnar in if you wanted. and 4 out of his 6 fights leading up to Machida Rashad KO'd or TKO'd his opponent. Rashad is the greatest striker but he is evolving.

But for sure Shogun(which i think he lost but either way), Rich Franklin, Thiago Silva.

Good strikers yes, but he caught rich franklin early in his career and thiago is good yes but is slow and its more power than great technique most thiago's ko's didnt come by him picking the other guy apart they come coz he throws bombs. Also i dont think stephan bonnars boxing skills have translated into mma very well. And i dont know if u saw him fight BJ but bj was giving him a beating alot of that fight n personally i think lyoto lost that fight.

Kimbo> Rampage
03-28-2010, 10:45 AM
yes bj was one of lyoto's toughest fights. Its a classic

steve_44
03-28-2010, 11:09 AM
i gotta ask.....how can someone be full of themselves but not act like it??? if they dont act like it then how can you see it????? maybe you mean he is confident. and if bones gets ahold of machida, then yes he could beat him now. in the next 3 years jon bones jones will be champ

Mayb a bad choice of words on my part. IMO he comes across fake in his statements and responces, i think he'd act differently behing closed doors. Everything he says seems rehearsed and like he dosent mean it.

I started seeing it after the matt hammil fight but the best way i can try explain this is how in the lead up to the vera fight he is being nothing but respectfull to vera and seems like theres no bad blood or anger between the 2 of them. Then at the weigh ins he charges up and pushes against him then walks back away, very different from his normally kool calm and collected attitude. Brandon vera being profesional kept calm and wanted to finish the photo's as JJ just left.

I still dont think my words have done the way things come across to me, but time will tell. when people are acting fake they eventually slip up and show there true colours.

GSPvsSILVA2012
03-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Jones could rise to the occasion, but as of now I'd go with Machida. In a few years that may change though :)