PDA

View Full Version : Randy couture questions

mma #1 fan
03-23-2010, 10:28 PM
So I have a few questions on Randy
my first question would be has he been in more title fights in a row (UFC ONLY) than any other fighter ? (I count 11 for Randy)

2. has he been in more title fights in the UFC than any other UFC fighter ? (out of 22 fights in the UFC 15 of them have had a title involved)

3. Is Randy the only UFC fighter that was a champion who fought outside of the UFC ?
(After Randy got his 2nd title in HWD he fought two times in the rings organization, in the same night,
losing his 2nd fight to Valentijn Overeem, (Yes Alistair Overeem older brother).
:confusedsmilie:

Sakara=Excitement
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
BJ won the WW title and left the UFC and fought a few fights and then came back and fought GSP the first time. I don't know if it was a contract dispute but he fought Duane Ludwig the fight after he beat Hughes the first time at a K-1 event.

Jens Pulver left after defending the LW title twice. He never lost the title. But I'm pretty sure it was a contract dispute.

Also back then when Randy won, it was different management and different rules.

mma #1 fan
03-24-2010, 01:43 PM
BJ won the WW title and left the UFC and fought a few fights and then came back and fought GSP the first time. I don't know if it was a contract dispute but he fought Duane Ludwig the fight after he beat Hughes the first time at a K-1 event.

Jens Pulver left after defending the LW title twice. He never lost the title. But I'm pretty sure it was a contract dispute.

Also back then when Randy won, it was different management and different rules.

thanks