PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei VS Marquardt

m1ckeykn0x
03-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Who wins it and how!?

after Wandy destroys Akiyama

...i picked Wandy just because I always pick Wandy.

By sub-zero spinerip.

The Sensational One
03-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Wandy destroys the great by knock out. I think Wandy can defend against the takedown and if he does go to the ground he is no slouch. Wandy takes this hands down, but then again he is my fav. fighter so im just a little bias.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Nate's great, but Wand is the GREATEST!

If Nate stays on the feet and tries to bang, Wand'll separate his head from his shoulders. Nate's striking is quite refined, but to exploit Wand's style, you have to time him and find the right angle to really jolt him, or you're in the weeds. I see the MT clinch just blasting Nate all night long. Nate's submission game, while rocksolid, I think is quite defendable via Wand's bjj defense and ability to somehow always pick his ass off of the canvas.

Just another great reason why Wand's now at MW, where one could argue he much thoroughly belongs considering the behemoth sizes of a Jones or Forrest....

cnlclink
03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Wandy didn't use the MT clinch against Bisping. I don't think he would be able to against a far better fighter in Marquart if he didn't or was unable to with Bisping. Would be interesting to see but I lean toward Nate winning.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
03-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, but I felt that Wand didn't MT clinch with Bisping more or less because Bisping's style and gameplan in that fight was to basically get on is bike and ride for three rounds and he really attempted to avoid close contact with Wanderlei as much as humanly possible, with focus on point striking and takedowns. Nate's style is alot more physical and engaging and I don't think he'd be able to bully Wand enough without getting suckered into a throwdown, which he'd inevitably lose. Wanderlei at 185 also benefits from a greater size advantage and isn't going to be pushed around akin to Nate's basic style.