PDA

View Full Version : Who would make for an interesting opponent.......

dan the man 67
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Who would make for an interesting opponent in a UFC title fight right now, not considering rematches?

For me;
LW, Champ BJ Penn
Frankie Edgar
Gray Maynard
George Sotiropoulos
Jim Miller

WW, Champ Georges St. Pierre
Carlos Condit
Paul Daley
Anthony Johnson
Martin Kampmann
Paulo Thiago

MW, Champ Anderson Silva
Vitor Belfort
Alan Belcher
Demian Maia
Yushin Okami
Rousimar Palhares
Chael Sonnen

LHW, Champ Lyoto Machida
Vitor Belfort
Ryan Bader
Randy Couture
Rich Franklin
Rampage Jackson
Jon Jones
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

HW, Champ Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Junior Dos Santos
Pat Barry
Roy Nelson

Kimbo> Rampage
03-31-2010, 08:37 PM
at LW and WW i dont see bj or GSP losing or even coming close. GSP's standup is questionable and some of those guys have better standup, but he would keep the same gameplan and they wouldnt be able to stop his takedown. If Maia gets anderson down then he is in trouble, especially with maia on top. I could see sonnen keep taking silva down and get a decision, but that is still unlikely, anderson would ko him. At lhw lyoto and shogun are on top and i dont see any others beating them now. Rampage could give a good shot, Jone's standup is not good enough yet and he would eventually lose after possibly getting some takedowns (lyoto has better takedown defense than shogun). Hw is really exciting, at 116 we will see carwin vs. lesnar which will be a huge fight. Cain will fight and dana said that JDS will fight Roy if he wins (he will). Carwin will get his chance, and cane and jds are legit condenders. I dont think any of them would be able to stand with jds. Cain is a great wrestler and even with the size and stereght disadvantage he will be hard to take down. His striking is a lot better than carwins and lesnars, but they hit really hard, so you never know. Cain has shown he has good speed and power.

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
HW:
Shane Carwin
Cain Valasquez
Junior Dos Santos

LHW:
Jon Jones
Quinton Jackson
Ryan Bader

MW:
Vitor Belfort