PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones vs. King Mo

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4946/bonesvsmo.jpg

King Mo vs Mike Whitehead
YouTube - King Mo Lawal vs Mike Whitehead Strike Force (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyWYMQM1s8)

Jon Jones vs Brandon Vera
Brandon Vera vs. Jon Jones – Fight Video UFC on Versus 1 (http://www.mmaroot.com/brandon-vera-vs-jon-jones-fight-video-ufc-on-versus-1/)

Both guys are basically undefeated, entertaining, athletic freaks and relatively untested. They have both dominated every single guy so it's not really realistic to be overly confident towards either of them. I know there's some huge UFC fans that just got done watching Jon Jones on versus and are going to be quick to say Bones would demolish him. Obviously, with King Mo's next opponent we will have a much better idea of what kind of fighter Mo is. For now, I have no idea what would happen and I can't picture either of them losing. They both have great wrestling, so it would be interesting to see who would get a take down. Even more fascinating is the stand up aspect of this fight. They are both very unique, explosive, flashy and unpredictable with their strikes and overall stand up style

TBEAR
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I will take Jones just cause I like him more

The Sensational One
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I personally feel that Jon Jones should take this. But Mo i think is by far the better wrestler, but i like Jon's stand up better and he should be able to use his wrestling to defend takedowns or to get the fight back to the feet.

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-03-2010, 04:03 AM
does it require more rep to make this a poll? This is one of the better matchups I've seen apart from the obvious ones

BigJoe111
04-03-2010, 04:57 AM
I personally feel that Jon Jones should take this. But Mo i think is by far the better wrestler, but i like Jon's stand up better and he should be able to use his wrestling to defend takedowns or to get the fight back to the feet.

I have to disagree about the wrestling, Mo is better at Freestyle wrestling but Jones has great Greco-Roman. I think that wrestling they are almost equal. It comes to whoever can employ their style more effectively. I think that Jones would probably win this fight , Lawal seems to get drawn into not respecting his opponents, that would hurt him when fighting someone better then Whitehead. jones by KO in the 2nd

TBEAR
04-03-2010, 05:00 AM
does it require more rep to make this a poll? This is one of the better matchups I've seen apart from the obvious ones

You could have made a poll when you made the thread. Now, it takes a MOD to add it, i think

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Jones has a longer reach than stephan struve, maybe an advantage in the standup.

Masscore
04-05-2010, 01:32 AM
I have to disagree about the wrestling, Mo is better at Freestyle wrestling but Jones has great Greco-Roman. I think that wrestling they are almost equal. It comes to whoever can employ their style more effectively. I think that Jones would probably win this fight , Lawal seems to get drawn into not respecting his opponents, that would hurt him when fighting someone better then Whitehead. jones by KO in the 2nd

The wrestling is not equal, King Mo is hands down the better wrestler to the points its not even close. Well Jones has good wrestling and is a NJCAA champion, King Mo has a ton of international experience. King Mo at one point was considered the best freestyle wrestler in America until he was upset at the Olympic trials in the finals. Trust me when I say this, King Mo in a wrestling match would wipe the floor with Jones.

As far as an MMA fight goes, I think King Mo takes it. We would see how Jones is on his back and how he reacts to getting hit with some power. King Mo via TKO in the 2nd.

The Sensational One
04-06-2010, 05:41 AM
I have to disagree about the wrestling, Mo is better at Freestyle wrestling but Jones has great Greco-Roman. I think that wrestling they are almost equal.

(King Mo)
2008 U.S. Senior National Championships: -84kg 1st Place
2008 Golden Grand Prix International: 2nd Place
2007 U.S. Senior National Championships: -96kg 2nd Place
2007 Golden Grand Prix International: 1st Place
2007 Basel International Open: 1st Place
2007 FILA World Cup: 3rd Place
2006 U.S. Senior National Championships: -84kg 1st Place
2005 U.S. Senior National Championships: -84kg 1st Place
2005 U.S. World Team Trials: 1st Place
2005 FILA World Championships: 7th Place
2003 NCAA Division I National Championships: 3rd Place
2003 NCAA Division I Big 12 Champion
2002 NCAA Division II National Championships: 1st Place
2001 NCAA Division II National Championships: 2nd Place

(Jon Jones)
2005 state wrestling champion (Union-Endicott High School )
NJCAA champion( I belive 2005 as well but not sure)

Now i can't see how they are equal in anyway lol.

BigJoe111
04-06-2010, 05:50 AM
I apologize I was mistaken

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Credentials don't mean everything. Jones has proven that before...

The Sensational One
04-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Credentials don't mean everything. Jones has proven that before...

Your absolutely right they don't mean everything, but they are pretty important. Jones never faced a wrestler the caliber of Mo and i am sorry but if you wanna say that a blue belt in BJJ can sub a world brazilian jiu jitsu champion, then you have a right to say it and it is possible, but def. not plausible. Mo is world class, Jones is not, Jones never faced a world class wrestler like Mo. Credentials don't mean everything but they are extremely meaningful and important in judging a fighters capabilities.

bigsemi
04-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Your absolutely right they don't mean everything, but they are pretty important. Jones never faced a wrestler the caliber of Mo and i am sorry but if you wanna say that a blue belt in BJJ can sub a world brazilian jiu jitsu champion, then you have a right to say it and it is possible, but def. not plausible. Mo is world class, Jones is not, Jones never faced a world class wrestler like Mo. Credentials don't mean everything but they are extremely meaningful and important in judging a fighters capabilities.

And i think it is very obvious after many of the fights we've seen the last couple years, the better wrestler has a huge advantage in a fight.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-11-2010, 12:55 AM
This is an interesting fight, however I don't believe we've really seen Mo against any truly top caliber talents to gauge how he's going to look against somebody of Jones' crazy talents. I'll take Jones simply because I don't think Mo's got enough tools in the shed yet to compete.

GSPvsSILVA2012
06-06-2010, 08:49 AM
I'd still go with Jones even after King Mo's last win.

dexter
06-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I'd still go for Jones - his reach is insane & he has unorthodox striking and good power.

stpierrecanada
06-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Jones has a much more well-rounded game and he would handle King Mo and get a TKO win..

Melvin Manhoef
06-07-2010, 04:27 AM
I actually really like the match up....Bones...because I can't stand King Mo.

KillahKimbo
06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Jones beats Mo and beats Mousasi even easier. Ive said that for awhile now even when people were all over Mousasi's nuts before Mo beat him.

GSPvsSILVA2012
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Gotta go with Jon Jones by a 1st round tko now

Rise
03-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I think Jones takes this easy...

He's more athletic, has better striking, and I think his size and reach will make it hard for Lawal to take him down easily. Jones may not be as good of a wrestler here but he'll use a more complete game mixed with his build to dictate where and how the fight goes.

Kimbo> Rampage
03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Jones.

it would be interesting to see mo try and take jones down, if he could he would have a chance. Neither of their striking is very good, but mo has shown some power, havent seen it too much, but if the kept it standing im not sure who would win. we havent seen too much of jones striking, even though he can land some unorthodox shots. He would probably take mo down like he does to all of his opponents.

end it with a left
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
is king mo's nipples actually pierced???? I find that very strange for a wrestler to pierce his nipples.

now on topic. Jones because his length will really help him stuff mo's shots. Mo has to go 84.5 inches, literally 7 feet of time for Jones to react to the shot. Bader may not be a Mo's level when it comes to wrestling but he did help show how good Jons tdd is as Bader couldn't even come close to a td. Im not trying to be a mma mathlete here but we've seen Jones make other good wrestlers look like they've never stood on a mat before.

TheKidInside
03-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Bader didn't train for the fight...how come no one knows this? lol

CtGreat
04-04-2011, 04:14 AM
Jones, Definitely Jon Jones......:)

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Jones, Definitely Jon Jones......:)

haha for sure. Funny how things change in a year

CHAEL fan
04-04-2011, 05:02 AM
I could never root for a guy that has his nipples pierced.....Jones would cremate Mo.