PDA

View Full Version : LeBanner trash talks Tim Sylvia

Dominus
12-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Part of an interview with MMAWeekly.com

ST: Let’s come back to the combat sports world. Why did you challenge Tim Sylvia a few months ago?

JL: First of all I am a man of challenge. Then I heard several times and I also read on MMA forums that Sylvia was a “deadly striker”. I was also amazed by him wearing big and ugly sunglasses after one of his fights. So, this challenge was true, but also a joke, I was teasing him a little bit about those horrible sunglasses! (laughs) But yes, I definitely want to fight him under MMA rules. I respect him like I respect other fighters.

I was also surprised to see him get two victories over Arlovski. Congrats to him. My guys said too that he won against Monson. They said it was a boring fight. He was keeping the distance with his “deadly jab”. (laughs)

He is tall, but he doesn’t have half of Choi Hong-man’s skills. (laughs)Sylvia is a joke. I don’t like to talk trash, but I honestly believe I will beat his ass. I will crush him. I laugh at people thinking Sylvia has good stand up! I would love to show that he is a bad champion.

Afro
12-02-2006, 08:34 AM
LeBanner >>>>>> Tim Sylvia

Dsm634
12-02-2006, 08:37 AM
LeBanner >>>>>> Tim Sylvia

I agree. :grinsmile1:

Nearly anyone > Sylvia

gracie jui-jitsu guy
12-02-2006, 08:43 AM
LeBanner would destroy him.

jesusatemyhotdog
12-02-2006, 09:35 AM
If they were to fight, I am willing to bet Sylvia's only goal would be to shoot and lay n pray. Instead of 5 minutes of popping his tree branch into a man's skull and circling out, we would get 5 minutes of half-assed elbows followed my smothering.
Either way, the fans win. (does sarcasm come accross on the internet?)

Jza
12-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Who's Lebanner? is that a bad question to ask lol

jesusatemyhotdog
12-02-2006, 12:41 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=3423
That is his MMA profile, however he is a K-1 kickboxer, one of the top two or three heavyweights in the world.

Luis Cruz
12-02-2006, 12:41 PM
A very good K-1 fighter. He dismantled Don Frye in a K-1 bout, actually quite scary how bad he beat him. JLB has his fight with Schilt coming up, if he wants to show that he can topple a big guy here's his chance and Schilt is definately a better striker than Sylvia so i think Sylvia would actually be an easier match for him. This is real old news anyways, this has been talked about for months and should be a dead issue since Dana said he has no interest in someone whose under contract with another organization. Let me add i was the first to fuel this rivalry, i played instigator. On my old website i did an interview with JLB off of rumors that he didn't like Sylvia and then the following week i had a counter argument with Tim. That got some serious ratings for me. lol

Ubermensch
12-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I would love JLB to come over after his contract is over and take the belt even though I like Tim I like JLB better and JLB needs to win some kind of belt in his career Don't want him to be the Dan Marino of MMA and Kickboxing.

Dominus
12-02-2006, 06:19 PM
A very good K-1 fighter. He dismantled Don Frye in a K-1 bout, actually quite scary how bad he beat him. JLB has his fight with Schilt coming up, if he wants to show that he can topple a big guy here's his chance and Schilt is definately a better striker than Sylvia so i think Sylvia would actually be an easier match for him. This is real old news anyways, this has been talked about for months and should be a dead issue since Dana said he has no interest in someone whose under contract with another organization. Let me add i was the first to fuel this rivalry, i played instigator. On my old website i did an interview with JLB off of rumors that he didn't like Sylvia and then the following week i had a counter argument with Tim. That got some serious ratings for me. lol
Sorry it wasn't fresh enough news, I guess everyone already knows about this. Sorry to waste all your time.

Luis Cruz
12-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry it wasn't fresh enough news, I guess everyone already knows about this. Sorry to waste all your time.

No need to apologize, it could've been a recent interview, i was just wondering why everyone keeps asking him about it when they know it's not happening now.

Dominus
12-02-2006, 06:45 PM
No need to apologize, it could've been a recent interview, i was just wondering why everyone keeps asking him about it when they know it's not happening now.
I hadn't heard about this story before. So there is no chance of this happening?

Luis Cruz
12-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I hadn't heard about this story before. So there is no chance of this happening?

No not right now. Dana said he had no interest in someone who was currently under contract with another company (k-1). Maybe if his contract ends we might be able to see it but who knows when that'll be and what the division will look like, he may still have to work his way up.

chungt79
12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
I would put my bet on Lebanner. The guy is tough as hell and his striking is awesome. I remember when he fought Hoost (I think) and he was willing to go on fighting with a possible broken arm. He kept going knowing he was gonna lose and had no chance with his condition.

adriandmangan
12-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Thats ok mate, i hadn't heard about this.
LeBanner would have to be my favourite, he's good.
But has a mma loss to some nobody with a 2-4 record i believe

Cromm
12-04-2006, 07:18 AM
JLB has great potential, I respect his spirit. He only has a couple MMA fights. His K-1 accomplishments are insane K-1 World GP 2000 in Osaka Champion K-1 World GP 2000 in Nagoya Champion K-1 Grand Prix 1999 3rd Place
K-1 Grand Prix 1995 Finalist W.K.N. Thaiboxing Champion I.S.K.A. World Superheavyweight Thaiboxing Champion French & European Kickboxing Champion. He has much better stand up then any HW in the UFC IMO, however Big Tim is not someone to sleep on. In MMA it would be an edge for Tim just because of his experience.

MrSpanky
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I remember a LONG time ago when there was still Inside the UFC, Sylvia was sayin that in four years he pictured himself retiring with the belt still around his waist as undefeated champion.

:laughing4:

I think the only person he's beat since then is Brandon Vera.

Ramma
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Why are all these old threads getting revived? Lol.

I guess this one makes sense though being that Sylvia/LeBanner is being talked about for Affliction 3.

I would love to see LeBanner get his hands on Sylvia