PDA

View Full Version : Gsp vs ? At middleweight

m1ckeykn0x
04-02-2010, 09:53 AM
If and when GSP moves up to the MW division, vote on who you would LIKE to see him fight and then tell us who his FIRST fight should be to welcome him? GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS! Who should he fight/ how he could win.

Without Anderson to consider, I would love to see him fight Maia or Sonnen, i think its clear why those would be great matchups. Maia couldnt take GSP down, and would get beat standing up. His welcoming fight should be Almeida.

What do you think?

steve_44
04-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I think sonnen, hopefully the wrestling cancel eachother out n they stand up for once.

m1ckeykn0x
04-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I forgot to put Palhares as a choice.

steve_44
04-02-2010, 10:10 AM
and anderson silva

m1ckeykn0x
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
no, I didnt put Anderson because thats the obvious choice.

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Give him Sonnen while Vitor fights Anderson in 5-6 months. They might as well just throw on a couple wrestling leotards and have a wrestling match. A Bigger guy with better wrestling credentials than St-Pierre? Too bad Sonnen doesn't have a single fast twitch fiber muscle in his body to match GSP's explosiveness.

steve_44
04-02-2010, 12:48 PM
no, I didnt put Anderson because thats the obvious choice.

mark munoz would b good aswell because of wrestling experience, if its 2 not 2 obvious

TBEAR
04-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I pick Maia

Maia SUBS GSP in RD2

cnlclink
04-02-2010, 03:17 PM
If and when GSP moves up to the MW division, vote on who you would LIKE to see him fight and then tell us who his FIRST fight should be to welcome him? GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS! Who should he fight/ how he could win.

Without Anderson to consider, I would love to see him fight Maia or Sonnen, i think its clear why those would be great matchups. Maia couldnt take GSP down, and would get beat standing up. His welcoming fight should be Almeida.

What do you think?

Almeida is in WW now. I would like to see him fight Akiyama as a first fight in MW. I would hate to see him again Sonnen, I think Sonnen would be able to take him down and would just do what he did to Marquart and he isn't much bigger than Marquart but would be far larger than St. Pierre.

The Sensational One
04-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I voted Bisping just cause i want to see GSP beat him down.

Chael i think loses to GSP along with just about everybody on that list. Maia i am unsure about, i think GSP keeps it standing and tko's him but hard. He isn't on the list but i kinda would like to see GSP vs Vitor. So i have it as:

Intro to mw match GSP vs Bisping
2nd mw GSP vs Maia or Vitor whoever is higher at the time
3rd mw title GSP vs Anderson.

dan the man 67
04-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, you can count 2 choices you have listed out right away, and that's Cote and Marquardt.

mma #1 fan
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
i say Kendall Grove would be a good start tall guy has a name and can fight any place GSP want's to

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I think if they're going to promote a GSP fight that's not going to be for the WW title, it's gotta be a major Superfight and the considering the possible options at MW, if they don't want to throw him in there with Anderson, there are very few fighters who offer legitimate big game opportunities.

An Akiyama showdown in Korea would be ridiculously huge and while Vitor, Ace, Hendo and Franklin are pretty massive for MW, and they're the biggest superstars in the division and could potentially provide excellent and entertaining matchups vs. GSP.

However, my pick would probably be Anderson, because a loss to him, coming up in weight would be the BIGGEST potential fight possible and doesn't terribly devalue GSP's stock and drawing power.