View Full Version : Back and Neck problems

Afro
12-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I got a question, has anyone gone to a cyropractor before

ive heard two different stories that

A) It only fixes the problem for a while then it gets worst

and

B) That its good for you

I dunno which is true, I got SERIOUS neck and back problems that I gotta deal with.

Luis Cruz
12-02-2006, 09:35 PM

and

B) That its good for you

I dunno which is true, I got SERIOUS neck and back problems that I gotta deal with.

I've been meaning to go but never got to it. I know a lot of people that go but i don't remember anyone saying it got worse, just after it's done they feel great. But i can't tell you for sure since i never been myself.

error2k5
12-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Well, I speak from personal experience, I've been there several times, I used to have regurely scheduled appointments but I never get a chance to go anymore. He dosen't just crack your back into place. Sometimes he may hook you up to a machine to help relax your muscles or set you on this little massage table. It's relaxing to say the least, I reccommend it if you ever get a chance

Clint
12-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I've been to a chiropractor before and it won't make the situation worse and depending on what the problem is it could help improve it.

Also I would advise going to a doctor or physical therapist and having them diagnose the problem, so that you can better address the problem. I would say go to a chiropractor for a few weeks and see if it helps and go to the doctor/PT and see what they say.

Legend
12-03-2006, 02:12 AM

and

B) That its good for you

I would think that it is a case-by-case basis on how well it works for you. I would go if your shit is that bad man.

Afro
12-03-2006, 02:18 AM
its terrible I think my verterbre is out of line, and compressed

Legend
12-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Well if your in a lot of pain then stop thinking about it and just go.

AudieMurphy1
01-11-2007, 07:32 PM
you might look into getting a rupture proof exercise ball afro, i hear there suppose to be good for the back

Alwaysbelieve1
01-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I go to a Chiropractor regularly and absolutely love it. You must find a good one. I have gone to 5 different ones over the last 15 years and have loved 3 of the 5. I only switched due to moving out of states.

Just like working out or practicing a martial art if you stop you will not be as good as when you were regular. The same applies to Chiropractic treatment as well as even massage treatment too. I am at a maintenance level now where I only go once a month whereas when I began I went twice a week and then slowly tapered it off.

They really do help. I get sick less and sleep a whole lot better. :)

dagreat1
01-13-2007, 10:10 AM
I have been plenty of times, I was having to go after some girl hit me head on at 30 mph, I was pissed, it jacked up on of my knee-caps and fugged my back and neck all up, it took 3 months of adjustments 4 times per week to get me back to normal. I have been to different Chiropracters and have found the delicate Chiropractors to be the best. The forceful ones are horrid and it is best to go to one that hooks you up to the electroshock theraphy prior to the adjustments. It is also in the technique, I had one clown do back adjustments via the strangest method I have ever heard of, it was not a single adjustment, it was a fingertip back adjustment where he applied it in a jerky motion that took 2-3 times of the method to get movement out of my back, needless to say that was my 1 and only visit there as he would've fugged me all up had I continued treatment there.

After training or a minor muscle injury, use bio-freeze or cryogel, icyhot is garbage compared to the other 2 and use ice as well.

If your back or neck is out of line, the problem will not fix itself, in fact it compounds the injury and progressively gets worse over time so if you are out line, go and get adjusted, you'll feel great.

They are going to tell you that you need treatment for 6 months 4 times a week ($40.00 per session) (my girlfriend works for a Chiropractor right now while she is in school for nursing) and just decline, only go when you are hurting.

supermark21
01-22-2007, 01:08 AM
I have a bulging disc and wouldnt be able to sit here and typ if it werent for the doc. Go try in one time and see how you feel. they can be amazing