PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Silva may have trouble getting licensed

notBJpenn
04-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Silva may have trouble getting licensed by the NSAC.

NRS 467.110 Suspension, revocation and other disciplining of contestant and other participants; grounds for refusal to issue license.

1. The Commission may suspend or revoke the license of, otherwise discipline, or take any combination of such actions against any contestant, promoter, ring official or other participant who, in the judgment of the Commission:
(a) Enters into a contract for a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat in bad faith;
(b) Participates in any sham or fake contest or exhibition of unarmed combat;
(c) Participates in a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat pursuant to a collusive understanding or agreement in which the contestant competes in or terminates the contest or exhibition in a manner that is not based upon honest competition or the honest exhibition of the skill of the contestant;
(d) Is guilty of a failure to give his or her best efforts, a failure to compete honestly or a failure to give an honest exhibition of his or her skills in a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat;
(e) Is guilty of an act or conduct that is detrimental to a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat, including, but not limited to, any foul or unsportsmanlike conduct in connection with a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat; or
(f) Fails to comply with any limitation, restriction or condition placed on his or her license.

2. The Commission may refuse to issue a license to an applicant who has committed any of the acts described in subsection 1.
[5:40:1941; 1931 NCL § 905.04]—(NRS A 1985, 941; 1993, 1451; 1997, 1345; 1999, 1235)

Source: MiddleEasy.com | Anderson Silva may no longer be able to fight in Las Vegas (http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1951)

BigJoe111
04-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I think that is hard to prove, I mean there have been other guys who have been given less than stellar efforts and their licensces were not taken from them. Kalib Starnes ran from Nate Quarry for an entire fight. Remember Gabe GOnzaga had a fight where the ref threatened to take a point from both fighters before Ganzaga threw the only two punches of the round and won. I don't think that there is much of a chance that this would happen. The NSAC still sanctioned Tyson after he bit HOlyfields ear off. But I guess anything is possible.

neonatural45
04-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Ya.... that's not going to happen

Pasha K
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
To be honest I think that next time Anderson will think twice before making again what he made saturday.
He won the match an is still the champion, but his boss is very unhappy with him, he lost many fans, now this comission stuff.

lwbrewer
04-12-2010, 12:39 AM
The commishion gets it's money from these fights So with politics they won't bite the hand that feeds them

MetallicKnight3X
04-12-2010, 01:22 AM
good info on the licensing tho my guy.. very interesting stuff but like these guys are saying thats not going to happen. like lwbrewer said.. i think the " dont bite the hand that feeds you." saying fits very well.

Inventor
04-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Dana wouldn't let Silva go, but if he did, we could see Hendo vs. Silva II at Strikeforce.

STruC1x
04-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I've said this once, I'll say it again... Silva does not want to fight brazilian fighters. He's said it again and again. UFC wants to put on a show, and Silva will fulfill his contract, but not the way UFC wants him to. When was the last time Silva finished a brazilian fighter? When was the last time Silva did not finish a fighter who was not brazilian???...

I love Silva regardless, he's a true master of this sport!

Pasha K
04-12-2010, 02:05 AM
So if Silva´s lack of finalization is a sort of protest to UFC for making him fight other Brazilians is something I dont like but I can understand.

What I can not understand are the antics and provocations towards Maia.

notBJpenn
04-12-2010, 02:09 AM
OK he doesn't want to fight Brazillin fighters for some reason, but he has no problem yelling insults and profanity at them in the middle of a fight, and showing them all kinds of disrespect.

That makes about as much sense a screen door on a submarine.

The Sensational One
04-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Lol no that would not happen.

sher
04-12-2010, 02:33 AM
I've said this once, I'll say it again... Silva does not want to fight brazilian fighters. He's said it again and again. UFC wants to put on a show, and Silva will fulfill his contract, but not the way UFC wants him to. When was the last time Silva finished a brazilian fighter? When was the last time Silva did not finish a fighter who was not brazilian???...

I love Silva regardless, he's a true master of this sport!

Do u think any proud fighter, will like to lose in 5rnds with disrespectful antics against him and fakin broken nose, or do they prefer to lose by knockout in 1st or 2nd rnd. ex.: miguel torres did admit that if he is getin punched until stoppage, he prefers to get koed.

TheKidInside
04-12-2010, 02:43 AM
OK he doesn't want to fight Brazillin fighters for some reason, but he has no problem yelling insults and profanity at them in the middle of a fight, and showing them all kinds of disrespect.

That makes about as much sense a screen door on a submarine.

lol couldn't have put it better myself. so, it's okay to scream and shout and tell the other Brazilian to REALLY fight and then clown around and insult him and humiliate him? seriously. like i kept saying he has some sort of problem with the fighter he doesn't want to fight because it's not chael or Vitor? then SAY something about it and go up in weight for a challenge.

TheRipper
04-12-2010, 03:16 AM
I have wondered if he is not a little scared of a good BJJ guy after Travis took him down while dehydrated..I will get hated for his but he did beat Travis with illegal strikes to the head.

STruC1x
04-12-2010, 08:02 AM
I can't read Silva's mind, so I can't tell you why he was screaming during the fight. I assume he was pretending to be mad or whatever. All I know is Silva is one of the top fighters in the world. His skills are of a teacher, not student. Mark my words, if Silva vs GSP were to happen, GSP will regret this fight.
I feel sorry for Silva's next opponent (non-brazillian), Silva will unleash all this drama he's getting from public on the next "Forest".

MMA, Esq.
04-12-2010, 11:22 AM
lol couldn't have put it better myself. so, it's okay to scream and shout and tell the other Brazilian to REALLY fight and then clown around and insult him and humiliate him? seriously. like i kept saying he has some sort of problem with the fighter he doesn't want to fight because it's not chael or Vitor? then SAY something about it and go up in weight for a challenge.

This.

I can't read Silva's mind, so I can't tell you why he was screaming during the fight. I assume he was pretending to be mad or whatever. All I know is Silva is one of the top fighters in the world. His skills are of a teacher, not student. Mark my words, if Silva vs GSP were to happen, GSP will regret this fight.
I feel sorry for Silva's next opponent (non-brazillian), Silva will unleash all this drama he's getting from public on the next "Forest".

I disagree. I think we've seen Silva exposed. Silva is the best technical striker in the UFC, but he's a counter-puncher. If you'll think back to all Silva's highlight-reel displays in the UFC, you'll notice they were all against aggressive stand-up fighters (Leben, Franklin, Irvin, Forest). I think he's shown he doesn't know how to push the pace and finish (with strikes) a fighter who won't engage. It's happened every time - the problem is Silva, not his opponents. Sure, he won't lose those types of fights, but who wants to see a steady stream of Silva v. Leites and Silva v. Maia type fights.

If you put him in there with GSP, Georges won't stand with him, but I'd bet dollars to pesos he could take him down and control him on the ground. As for GSP regretting the fight - I HIGHLY doubt it.

mma #1 fan
04-12-2010, 11:46 AM
no leg to stand on no pot to piss in
as what he did was not with in there jurisdiction

Punk Ass
04-12-2010, 12:24 PM
What Anderson did happens in Boxing al the time. You cant tell a man how to react when trying to defend himself in a pro fight. He's a defensive first fighter. Simple as that.

joeodd2
04-12-2010, 01:41 PM
The dude is throw'd off.........he's nuts. You guys are just getting that? I can tell by how he talks and his body language. He's a little different.....You will watch to see what he does next. The next fight probably won't make it out of the first round. He's the Ali of MMA, love or hate him, you WILL BUY AND YOU WILL WATCH. That is all.

mma #1 fan
04-12-2010, 04:03 PM
who ever he fights next should walk to the center of the cage draw a line down the center (with his foot for them who think i mean with a sharpie) and just let him know your coming to me buddy. unless he has Silva hurt never cross the line .

beau420
04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
NSAC exec: UFC 112's Anderson Silva not guilty of breaking rules, license not in danger | MMAjunkie.com (http://mmajunkie.com/news/18681/nsacs-keith-kizer-ufc-112-anderson-silva-not-guilty-of-breaking-rules-license-not-in-danger.mma)

"I don't see any way it could (apply)," Kizer said. "Just because you don't like a guys style – a lot of people booed (Oscar) De La Hoya in the 12th round of the (Felix) Trinidad fight because he basically just ran that last round – but a fighter, if he thinks he's ahead on the scorecards, it's not uncommon to see him not take any risks in the last round.

"I know the fans don't like it; they want to see toe-to-toe (fighting) for all 25 minutes, but that's unrealistic for a lot of fights. Sometimes the more skilled the fighters, the less exciting the fight. They equalize each other, or in this case, from what I read, one guy was way head on the scorecards, so why take chances in the last third of the fight?"

Kizer said the NSAC statute is usually applied to fighters who "take a dive" or to overmatched fighters who look for the quickest way out of a fight. He pointed to several examples where the commission scrutinized fighters who did not fight to the best of their abilities.