PDA

View Full Version : Who won your heart, Silva or Maia?

TheKidInside
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Maia was definitely scared but you know what, in the later rounds he gave it his all even with a closed eye and a broken nose (i cannot believe his trainers weren't telling him NOT to blow his nose as it caused his eye to swell even more and grow shut) but he even tried to roll into leg locks and trying anything and everything to make Silva fight. Silva COMPLETELY lost me as a fan for first showboating which was funny but then not doing jack shit and pulling an ill Kalib Starnes in round 4 and most definitely in round 5. He should be on Dancing with the Stars, what's funny is he CAN actually dance lol

Maia has my vote for lyfe!!!

joeyP
04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
I love that you actually made the poll. I vote fuck Silva

Relentless3
04-13-2010, 07:12 PM
R.I.P Mir, silva's disrespect and performance in the later rounds was shocking but if he's focused he will destroy Mir

foutch550
04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
IMO, I neither gained nor lost respect for Maia. Typical striker vs. grappler matchup that resulted in a boring fight. I must say tho that I've lost a TON of respect for Anderson Silva. Im not buying this "couldn't find my distance" as Soares claimed Silva told him or any other excuse Silva gave. Silva let alot of people down and if that's what you get when you buy a Anderson Silva headlined PPV, I'll skip every f*cking one of them. IF you decide to clown your opponent cuz ur that good, do so for a round...then KHTFO. Anderson's antics were embarassing and anyone that truly appreciates martial arts had to be disgusted.

pdx_boxer503
04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
R.I.P Mir, silva's disrespect and performance in the later rounds was shocking but if he's focused he will destroy Mir

So now Silva is fighting Mir? Where did this come from?

Maia definately showed alot of heart in that fight. Fighting with a closed eye and clipping anderson a couple times in the later rounds was great. Also, not buying into Silvas tantrum deserves props too. He stayed focused brought it to the decision.

TheKidInside
04-13-2010, 07:34 PM
I love that you actually made the poll. I vote fuck Silva

I told that the dude in the other thread that I will make a poll since he claimed "NO ONE has any respect for Maia because he lost"...so far so good :pwnt:

rough-n-tumble
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
In the first two rounds Maia looked like he wasn't really wanting to engage, though that seemed to change towards the end of the fight. I am not Maia fan, but I'll give him credit for trying to make a fight at the end when Silva was more interested in displaying his two-step. He took some hard shots and with Silva dancing around like a fool he stayed in there and attempted to fight.

behemonaut
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I have been reading through all the different posts. I have to say Maia was totally disrespected by Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva needs a wake-up call and give Maia props I think he tried at least at the end to make it a fight.

Pasha K
04-13-2010, 10:35 PM
No one.

Silva acted like a prick and Maia tried to do something, but Maia didnt really "earned" me as a fan.
Maia showed heart and all that but he did not impressed me at all in the fight.

willpunisher
04-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Silva of course. he did more than Maia did for sure.
Maia was just standing there for 5 rounds. he didn't do anything.
Silva humiliated him the 1st and 2nd round. than the 3, 4, 5th round silva got tired of Maia doing nothing and he did nothing either.
Silva wins.
boring as hell but he wins.

TheKidInside
04-14-2010, 01:42 AM
No one.

Silva acted like a prick and Maia tried to do something, but Maia didnt really "earned" me as a fan.
Maia showed heart and all that but he did not impressed me at all in the fight.

UMM YEAH your vote is for Maia since that was the point ;)

behemonaut
04-14-2010, 02:38 AM
If Silva was truly concerned about being the best, he would've done what the best should do and put Maia away, but he taunted instead like a fool.

Smitts
04-14-2010, 03:36 AM
It feels like both screwed this up, cause none of them barely did anything, felt like it was gonna be one of those matches where nothing much happens so... both let me down, but silva let me down just a bit more!

MetallicKnight3X
04-14-2010, 06:36 AM
I give it to Maia he tried in the later rounds.. Silva looked like a fool.

TheKidInside
04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
thanks for all who voted, you helped me prove my point from the other thread. someone feels the pwnage :D