PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys want in a FAQ?

Clint
12-03-2006, 04:02 AM
As you guys can see I am working on a FAQ thread for this forum. Right now there isn't much in it but I will be adding things as I get time.

What do you guys want to see in there? Also feel free to send me write ups or links for parts that you feel would help people out.

AudieMurphy1
12-05-2006, 07:14 PM
a list of abbreviations would be nice, for example, a new comer may not know what gnp stands for but could go look it up and find out for them selves

Clint
12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
That's more of an idea for an overall FAQ thread but I might make one of them when I'm done with this one. So I'll keep that in mind or add it to my MMA 101 thread.

AudieMurphy1
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Iwould also like to recommend the following books

1. book of five rings by Miyamoto Musashi
2. tao of jeet kune do by bruce lee
3. no excuse leadership, lessons learnd by the armies elite rangers by brace barber

djpowers33
12-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I recommend the Spartn Health Regime by Anthony Bova. It's very quick to read and has great explanations.

Clint
12-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. The how do I get started question is definatly a good one as is a good resourse on weight cutting (I'll have to find something on that as I don't know enough to feel comfortable giving advice on it).

As for the books guys, I'll give them a look. I want to keep the reccomended purchases fairly consise but I might add a section of purchases after the essentials. Right now what I have up for that section is simply an outline of stuff I didn't want to forget.

AudieMurphy1
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. The how do I get started question is definatly a good one as is a good resourse on weight cutting (I'll have to find something on that as I don't know enough to feel comfortable giving advice on it).

As for the books guys, I'll give them a look. I want to keep the reccomended purchases fairly consise but I might add a section of purchases after the essentials. Right now what I have up for that section is simply an outline of stuff I didn't want to forget.

i can understand you not wanting to posting recommending books you havent read, the three i recommended are books that i consider essential to anyone peforming combat of any type, they also contain other ideas that can be carried over into other aspects of your life, i'll try and give you an idea about what each of them is.

the book of five rings is the ulimate guide to stradegy, not just in martial arts but in any aspect of your life, its the foundation for bruce lees style and philosephies, its the book he got in so much trouble with for teaching to the western civilization, I would recommend reading this book before all others as it is the root for almost every modern day martial arts system.

the tao of jeet kune do expands on the five rings, its more philosophical than stratigical, it has lots of great work outs listed and a wide variaty of martial arts to experimant with both come with drawn pictorals by bruce himself, this is where mixed martial arts began!

no excuse leadership, lessons learned by the U.S. armies elite rangers is just that, it may not be for everyone and has little to do with mma, however, the stories from these rangers about there failures and what they learned from them and what they have been able to accomplish through sheer will power was quite inspirational to me, a great guide to becoming a better leader and a great place find some willpower.

Clint
12-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated anything in the FAQ lately but I've been busy as hell with work and finals (and wedding plans). Hopefully after my finals I can get things back in order and get back to work on it.

marko
01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
How about a recommedation to how to build up overall endurance/ fitness using different cardio/circuit training ??? Almost like a beginners workout over a 6-8 week period ?? Also how much weight training should be done to build strength for MMA and the same again, what type of execises/workouts should a beginner be doing??

Cheers

Clint
01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
How about a recommedation to how to build up overall endurance/ fitness using different cardio/circuit training ??? Almost like a beginners workout over a 6-8 week period ??
This will definatly be in there in the musclular endurance and cardio sections.

Also how much weight training should be done to build strength for MMA and the same again, what type of execises/workouts should a beginner be doing??
As for what exercises a beginner should do, pick an example routine and go with it. How much depends on alot of factors but I'll try and put up a basic explanation.