PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Lacy

Afro
12-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Very unimpressive tonight, but I felt he won what was a close fight but shouldnt of been this close.

Punk Ass
12-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Lacy is finished. He can't beat the top 5 SMWs.He could barely beat that can he was fighting tonight.

I must say, he had some of the best match makers in the world before he fight Calzaghi because everybody was thinking he was a really great prospect.

shenku68
12-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Lacy started out strong but faded fast. I was not impressed. Though he won (which I still think is a draw), the fight should not have been that close in a fight with an unranked opponent. Lacy proved tonight that he was and is overrated.

Luis Cruz
12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh yea, horrible performance and just shows if he can't get them out of there quick and early he's almost sure to fade. His boxing skills are very mediorce also, he throws bombs and that's it. A good boxer will tag him and keep him at bay all night with a good jab. Yea his hype train has just about ran out of steam.

Salvy_Mic
12-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately, the Calzaghe fight ruined Lacy and derailed a promising career. The best Lacy can hope for now is to be a gatekeeper of some sort, unless he's somehow able to completely turn it around and start knocking fools out.

nyckid
01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Lacy is complete garbage. He struggeld with the worst competition.

Salvy_Mic
01-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I didn't find this out 'till later on, but Lacy fought the last 10 rounds of that fight with a torn rotator cuff...and still pulled out the win. If anything, Jeff Lacy does have tremendous heart, and sometimes heart alone can propel you back to the top. Just ask Arturo Gatti and Evander Holyfield(when he came back from the heart problem, not the current comeback).

Jones
01-11-2007, 05:04 AM
Well, I didn't find this out 'till later on, but Lacy fought the last 10 rounds of that fight with a torn rotator cuff...and still pulled out the win. If anything, Jeff Lacy does have tremendous heart, and sometimes heart alone can propel you back to the top. Just ask Arturo Gatti and Evander Holyfield(when he came back from the heart problem, not the current comeback).

I don't think Holyfield ever had a heart problem. He was just misdiagnosed. It's kind of weird to think he could show up on Benny Hinn and suddely be cured. Well unless Hinn is legit and really can work miracles. Which I don't think he can, but hey...don't anybody tell Holyfield that! Holyfield cut Benny a cheque for $265,000 for that. Nice!

Jones
01-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Speaking of Lacy, he's another example of a fighter who was ruined. It's too bad fans now think of him as a hype job who got exposed. He had a pretty big bandwagon up until the Calzaghe loss but now people have jumped off and called him a fraud. Oh well. I really was pulling for him, he gave a good show almost every time. He had that ferocity that boxing fans love. The will to kill.

Salvy_Mic
01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah, see, I'm the type of guy who doesn't hate on boxers (well, unless their names are Zab Judah, Fernando Vargas, and Floyd Mayweather). I saw this fight after reading about it as a dream match in Ring magazine, so naturally I was interested, and was thoroughly impressed by Calzaghe's performance. It was Lacy's humility and will to succeed after the fight that made feel bad for him, and even now, I hope Lacy can comeback from this rotator cuff. With that kind of heart, he can put this loss behind him and come back. Barrera did it, Gatti did it many times.