PDA

View Full Version : Will Nate get in trouble with the UFC?

Mean
04-18-2010, 04:34 PM
He was involved in the brawl in a big way on national television. Does Dana have the right to punish him in some way? Should he just ignore what happened and let SF take the brunt of the heat? Or does he send Coker, SF, and the public a message by suspending one of his fighters for participating in a brawl on national television to demonstrate how the UFC will not tolerate this sort of thing? Conduct unbecoming a UFC fighter. Any history here?

G

gotblood?
04-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Uh...no. If anything, Dana will give him a bonus for making Strikeforce look worse than it already did yesterday.

James Deuce
04-18-2010, 04:44 PM
As long as he doesn't pull that stuff in the UFC, Dana won't care.

Plus he's not really a big name.

born2kill
04-18-2010, 05:00 PM
He'll definitely tell him something behind closed doors. "youre a good fighter. Knock that shit out okay". He wont suspend or punish him thou.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I think if Nate was going to get into trouble with anybody, it'd be with the athletic commission, because I think it's an understatement to say that this shit is "frowned upon".

jrcbk
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Uh...no. If anything, Dana will give him a bonus for making Strikeforce look worse than it already did yesterday.

lol agreed. A t the extreme, he may ban UFC fighters from cornering for Strikeforce or appearing on their broadcasts as he did when Randy was on hiatus. Also the Athletic Commission basically did the same thing to Nick Diaz when he was suspended a while back. That may be the safest option with no backlash.

kickass32
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Nate may only be another loss or two away from being cut by the UFC anyways...2-3 in his last 5 fights.

Sakara=Excitement
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Dana is gonna give Nate a big ol' bag of money and have Nate show up at every Strikeforce event he can and brawl with people.

Dana - "Well, well, well motherfuckers!"
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:waSvQEBCHQEypM:http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/tombstone.jpg

carbondioxide830
04-18-2010, 08:52 PM
i def. see dana some how banning all ufc fighters from being in the corners of other fighters at strikeforce events. but really, after the shit anderson got, i would be surprised if nate walks away unscathed.

Inventor
04-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Dana will give him fight of the night bonus.

xmrbigx
04-18-2010, 09:02 PM
I doubt it, however, if the state commision decides to do anything about this than UFC has no say so. Like I said before, charges could have been pressed if Mayhem REALLY wanted to go that route... I doubt as a fighter he would ever do that but this was the same as a gang beat down on the streets.

I think the state commision might put a few fines together but nothing more than that.

amosaback
04-18-2010, 11:17 PM
He'll definitely tell him something behind closed doors. "youre a good fighter. Knock that shit out okay". He wont suspend or punish him thou.

I agree, because the brawl was much bigger than Strikeforce. It will reflect much more on MMA than on Strikeforce.

MetallicKnight3X
04-19-2010, 06:29 AM
shit I say hand him an extra bonus check for making strikeforce look foolish then give him his walking papers. He hasnt done anything really since winning the Ultimate Fighter and he really didnt even win that Manny got hurt on a takedown. Let him join his brother so they can completely destroy UFC's competition. Let them sign the Cesar Gracie's thug squad and tear strikeforce apart.

CJRockstar
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
lol did you guys see Dana's Twitter last night? after the brawl somebody asked Dana, what did you think of that? and he just replied with a :)

I laughed so hard....

http://twitter.com/danawhite

jonbyarmbar
04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
shit I say hand him an extra bonus check for making strikeforce look foolish then give him his walking papers. He hasnt done anything really since winning the Ultimate Fighter and he really didnt even win that Manny got hurt on a takedown. Let him join his brother so they can completely destroy UFC's competition. Let them sign the Cesar Gracie's thug squad and tear strikeforce apart.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers that!

Manny was working Diaz before he blew his shoulder. It sucks, Nate basically won T.U.F. by default.

I won't be happy until someone absolutely schools him. Messes him up bad. I want to see Nate on the nasty end of a BJ vs. Diego style beatdown.

Pasha K
04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
The last thing Dana is going to do is punish him, he is happy that Nate helped to make Strikeforce look like a complete mess.

mmaclothingtrends
04-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I actually think that the Diaz brothers got praise in Dana's book. Watch for Nick to be signed to the Ufc very soon!

BBG
04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Dana will give him fight of the night bonus.

HAHAHAHAHA Nice

TheKidInside
05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
HAHA I thnk it's awesome how people are thinking the obvious, if this was in the UFC they'd all be gone. but since its in SF Dana is happy big time! True, the TSAC is going to do "something" about this but Dana runs the NSAC and CSAC has close ties to NSAC so they won't hold up any suspensions or anything from Tennessee!

TBEAR
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM
The last thing Dana is going to do is punish him, he is happy that Nate helped to make Strikeforce look like a complete mess.

This