PDA

View Full Version : The 4:20 "what if" thread.

boaz33
04-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I had this random "what if" and wondered if anyone else has any. Besides what better day is there to go over random BS.

If Shogun beats Machida, then the best matchup for the LHW title is Anderson Silva, this could possibly lead Dana to having Anderson make a permanent move to 205 where he would have more interesting match ups against guys like Rampage, Rashad, or Jon Jones. The Sonnen/Silva fight just doesn't interest me.

Also it has always looked to me like Machida could make 185, and he would have the opportunity to dominate the MW division and have him take on challengers like Belfort, Sonnen, Nate, or Akiyama. I think it would make both divisions more exiting and create more interesting match ups and title fights.

Oh and Joe Rogan is doing a 4:20 ustream at 3PM PT, that he said should get pretty interesting. You can catch it here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/joe-rogan-live

GL Jeff
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
In all honesty, I dont think Rua can beat Machida. He didnt the first time, and that has to weigh heavily. Not to mention I think Machida couldnt plan for Rua, considering we have never seen a decent showing from Shogun since he came into the UFC. And the PRIDE Rua I think is long gone. If i were Rua I would know I needed to end this fight,and not give it to the judges,lol.

But if Rua did win the title, you have Rampage/Rashad right behind, with Couture right behind them if not on par. I dont think Dana is going to give Anderson much of anything atm,let alone a LHW title shot. Also Forest/Lil Nog are in the mix depending who wins. I would hate to be a LHW right now.

KevoOnTheRadio
04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Truthishly, as awesome as Shogun/Silva sounds, I wanna see Silva/Chael. I would hate it if Silva just lets go of the belt, when there are a couple challengers who could beat him for it (Vitor, Chael).

TBEAR
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Truthishly, as awesome as Shogun/Silva sounds, I wanna see Silva/Chael. I would hate it if Silva just lets go of the belt, when there are a couple challengers who could beat him for it (Vitor, Chael).

I agree there are MW left before you can even say the divison is cleaned out Chael and Vitor.

There are also rumors though that the cut to MW is getting hard for Anderson, if that is the case LHW or HW will see more Anderson.

I think Anderson can hang with the big dawgs of the LHW divison. Hell he has already beat down Forrest.

I still want to see Anderson v Mir at that 235 catchwieght.

foutch550
04-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Silva/Sonnen interests me as well. Silva needs to fight (and defeat) Chael and Vitor before the predicted permanent move to 205. IMO, Silva's last few outings have been lackluster due to the lack of legitimate threat. Silva doesnt give two shits about the title anymore. He wants the BIG fights. So if its shitty outings defending the MW belt, let him pick his own damn fights. He has to defeat Vitor and Chael and THEN he has his pick and choose. Thats a safe move cuz you know Anderson wont pick cans. If he wants Mir, give him Mir. He wants Shogun? Give him Shogun. Then you KNOW Anderson goes balls out. But if I never get GSP/Anderson, it'll be like mma blueballs.

TheKidInside
04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Shogun beat Machida pretty bad the first time and will do so again the second time. Machida DOES NOT gameplan as he said before he has full faith in "Machida Kartate". I'd rather see Silva at 205 where there are challengers for him for more interesting fights but ONLY after the Sonnen fight because I am on the hype wagon!

Pasha K
04-21-2010, 12:29 AM
If Shogun beats Machida I will be happy and in Sherdog there would be 1500 threads every day about that fight.

Shogun would beat Rampage and Evans.

But I actually think machida is going to win this time.

TheKidInside
04-21-2010, 06:30 AM
is it weird that every time I read your posts I read them with a russian accent? lol

Pasha K
04-22-2010, 06:33 AM
LOL I dont know, maybe its normal, maybe its weird lol

In any case I can assure that in real life I dont speak using the stupid "russian accent" that is used in American movies. "Ivaaaannn, yu has to rrrrrrrrip this guys arrrrrrrm"

TheKidInside
04-23-2010, 12:44 AM
LOL I dont know, maybe its normal, maybe its weird lol

In any case I can assure that in real life I dont speak using the stupid "russian accent" that is used in American movies. "Ivaaaannn, yu has to rrrrrrrrip this guys arrrrrrrm"

gtfo here that shit is mad on point, I have russian customers at my stores all the time "hell-o do yoo speek umm RRRRRUUUSSSIAN?" da dobrey den..."russian?" da russian RUSSIAN ...yob tvajy mat!....

sorry 420 continues for me

bobafett
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
for every 2 shogun beat machida pretty bad i think u'll get
1 machida destroyed shogun , i 'm one of those but its been
beaten to death , id rather see anderson beat sonnen and
then belfort and a shogun vs. rampage 2 sounds interesting
regardless of the outcomes.