PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Reflects on why he isn't in the UFC... lol

CJRockstar
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Kurt Angle was promoting his food line and took some time to reflect on why he isn't in the UFC.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qf4QJc6aXrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qf4QJc6aXrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

MMA talk starts here 1:30 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf4QJc6aXrU&feature=player_embedded#t=1m30s)

He claim's in the video that first it was the amount of money that they made, and now it's because Dana said he wasn't allowed to Wrestle and do MMA. He blabs about food for about a minute and thirty seconds then starts talking about UFC. I personally think Angle makes more sense than i dunno say, James Toney....Hershal Walker....etc... He wants to "do the MMA thing" before he retires. He apparently trains at Pittsburgh Fight Club (?). And that nobody knows who is trainer is and he likes it that way.

Nothing horribly new, but it looks like the enevitable truth is that Kurt Angle is probably going to make an appearance in the UFC in the coming years.

EDIT: lol at the company named Foodie's gourmet food club.

b1uef1ow
04-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Well by the time the sign him they'll have to create a Seniors division.

Would have loved to see Kurt in there in his prime wrestling years with MMA training, that would have actually been something worth paying for.

IceCold48
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
i don't know if everyone realizes how much better a wrestler kurt angle is then everybody else in the ufc. lets take randy cotoure for instance his wrestling pedigree is renown as one of the best in the sport. well cotoure was a two time all-american in college and never won the whole thing, angle won it twice.

cotoure was an olympic alternate. angle wasn't just on the olympic team he won the whole damn thing!! many people don't realize how amazing that is. for a guy who wrestles in college to win gold is phenominal because most successful US olympians don't go to college and wrestle folkstyle, they train in freestyle or greco year round to be more successful at the international level. angle did not do this because he was a collegiate wrestle so it just blows my mind that he won gold

angle in the ufc intrigues me. hes old and when he talks i think hes suffered brain damage because hes so stupid and annoying but i think he'd do better then expected. i also think hes telling the truth about dana not wnating him to fight mma and wrestle.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm a major Kurt Angle supporter and anybody who knows what his training routine looked like during his Olympic years is aware at how absolutely fucking intense this guy trains. His wrestling pedigree is so amazing and his heart and competitive passion is so extreme, that I'd never bet against Kurt Angle.

However, he's a physical trainwreck and I see zero way that he gets medically cleared unless he takes a good 12 months off to heal and train right, because he just took some time off from TNA because he's so banged up and has a really long history of painkiller abuse due to countless serious injuries such as broken neck etc and the reason he left WWE was because he couldn't pass a drugtest.

Now, at his age, it'd be more or less a really spectacular superfight around 200 lbs. Kurt vs. Chuck or Tito would probably one of the biggest draws of all time and I don't see Kurt being in too deep of waters, because his wrestling is on another level.

With that being said, I think we'll never see Kurt in the UFC and if he ever DOES do MMA, it'll be in Japan vs. a Coleman, Kerr or Randleman IMO.

singhc
04-24-2010, 01:20 AM
He can set ppv records just like Brock. I can't wait to see him debut.

MetallicKnight3X
04-24-2010, 01:43 AM
he wont set records like brock.. I rather see Lashley then Angle in the UFC.. shit I rather see Shawn Michaels in the UFC then Kurt Angle LOL! But all BS aside he wont probably ever participate in the UFC.. maybe strikeforce in their circus show over there. He wouldnt really even make an impact in the UFC I rather see up and comers trying to fullfill their dream of becoming a champ then see him

earle
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM
I thought it was a good interview, I would have loved to see Kurt in the UFC before he broke his neck.

Anybody ever hear the story about how Kurt and Brock wrestled a few rounds for real before a big show a few years back? Apparently they had just set up the ring, and some of the other pros egged them on. As the story goes, Kurt pinned Brock three times, and basically owned him. I don't know how true it is, take it for what it's worth.

Sakara=Excitement
04-24-2010, 02:24 AM
I thought it was a good interview, I would have loved to see Kurt in the UFC before he broke his neck.

Anybody ever hear the story about how Kurt and Brock wrestled a few rounds for real before a big show a few years back? Apparently they had just set up the ring, and some of the other pros egged them on. As the story goes, Kurt pinned Brock three times, and basically owned him. I don't know how true it is, take it for what it's worth.

And Razor Ramon pulled a knife...but someone brought lasers, fucking LASERS to the fight! Who does that? The Undertaker that's fucking who. And then Godzilla shows up and all hell breaks loose. Vanilla Ice break dances to "2 Legit 2 Quit"...yeah it was fucking epic. But I don't know how true it is, take it for what it's worth.

MMA, Esq.
04-24-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm a major Kurt Angle supporter and anybody who knows what his training routine looked like during his Olympic years is aware at how absolutely fucking intense this guy trains. His wrestling pedigree is so amazing and his heart and competitive passion is so extreme, that I'd never bet against Kurt Angle.

However, he's a physical trainwreck and I see zero way that he gets medically cleared unless he takes a good 12 months off to heal and train right...

With that being said, I think we'll never see Kurt in the UFC and if he ever DOES do MMA, it'll be in Japan vs. a Coleman, Kerr or Randleman IMO.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think it would be dangerous for him to enter pro MMA with his neck injuries and his overall wear and tear.

That being said, I think he'd be HUGE if he went and fought in Japan. His payday would be enormous even if he went and headlined a card against some freakshow can. Coleman, Kerr or Randleman would be interesting. Definitely has posibilities.

MMA, Esq.
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM

I actually did hear that. From a technical standpoint, Angle is a much better wrestler. Technique over brute strength.

And Razor Ramon pulled a knife...but someone brought lasers, fucking LASERS the fight! Who does that? The Undertaker that's fucking who. And then Godzilla shows up and all hell breaks loose. Vanilla Ice break dances to "2 Legit 2 Quit"...yeah it was fucking epic. But I don't know how true it is, take it for what it's worth.

...wow...:confusedsmilie:

KamikazePongtha
04-24-2010, 02:39 AM
Angle vs. Lesnar.

Angle by way of Angle Lock.

13NoVa
04-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Brock and Angle did wrestle. It happened at an event in 2003 or 04 (I forgot which one), and a few of the fans who were in the building early (less than 50) got to see it. An Angle anklepicked the hell out of Brock.

Sakara=Excitement
04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Brock and Angle did wrestle. It happened at an event in 2003 or 04 (I forgot which one), and a few of the fans who were in the building early (less than 50) got to see it. An Angle anklepicked the hell out of Brock.

:dry:

goodtimes
04-24-2010, 03:44 AM

Its not a technique that you see a lot in MMA. It's very effective in wrestling, but I think with striking mixed in it might not be that great, seeing as how it puts your head right in front of your opponents knee. It could also just be one of those techniques that MMA will eventually adopt, like jabbing and leg kicks and push kicks.

Y2JUBAE
04-24-2010, 04:12 AM
he wont set records like brock.. I rather see Lashley then Angle in the UFC.. shit I rather see Shawn Michaels in the UFC then Kurt Angle LOL! But all BS aside he wont probably ever participate in the UFC.. maybe strikeforce in their circus show over there. He wouldnt really even make an impact in the UFC I rather see up and comers trying to fullfill their dream of becoming a champ then see him

I think he would, much moreso than Lashley. Everyone's quick to mention he's a pro wrestler but this guy is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Even as a pro wrestler he is much more popular and recognizable than Lashley.

Sounds like you have a personal problem with him and refuse to give him credit.

GL Jeff
04-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Prime Kurt Angle, greatest wrestler to ever fight in MMA.

Kurt Angle now, decent wrestler, little old, little injured.

I would worry about two things with Kurt. His neck/back, and can he actually hurt someone. Years of wrestling and "wrestling" might force him to hold back in some ways. I bet he was takedowns as fast as GSP, if not very close.

Y2JUBAE
04-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Kinda feel bad for Kurt. The guy broke his neck for a company, and they shit on him. Wouldn't give him any time off, put him on the sci fi channel.. Vince is a real jerk and loves to show people who is boss.

Kurt shouldn't have to be peddling shit at convention shows at this point in his life.

He seems to be a lot slower talking than he used to be... that's a really bad sign.

Not sure about the whole food thing... 30 grams of protein between 2 meals doesn't sound like that much to me and he says where can you find that much? I got 20 off a chocolate drink (bolthouse farms = awesome). And seriously... secret ingredient? LOL. Still, I hope he does well. Kurt works his ass off.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-24-2010, 04:32 AM

If you don't think Kurt would set records like Brock, you must sincerely lack any insight into what buyratees and drawing power are all about.....

PLUH-EEEZE name me any Olympic Gold Medalist who's fought in the UFC EVER??? How about you just name me somebody who was on cable TV every Monday/Friday night for the better part of a decade and has performed infront of tens of millions of combat fans over the years and has an established hardcore audience? Because after reading your post, it became abundantly clear that your argumentation is amazingly flawed when you fail to realize the legit cred Angle walks around with, not to mention the amazing drawing power he has from his WWE pedigree, not to mention the fact that he's a hundred times the wrestling drawing power of Lesnar and Lashley combined. Moreover, it's pretty damn ignorant to mention Michaels over Angle given how much REAL competition Angle has experienced over the years.

Will Angle ever fight in the UFC? Probably not. BUT, if they booked him to fight Chuck or Tito, it would probably be one of the biggest PPVs in UFC history. He's a bigger name in wrestling than Brock was when he debuted in UFC and he's got a thousand times bigger credentials. Consider the crossover potential from wrestling fans and his Olympic success, Angle is a pretty amazing pickup if they wanted a one off superfight and he'd draw a big number.

MetallicKnight3X
04-24-2010, 04:33 AM
I think he would, much moreso than Lashley. Everyone's quick to mention he's a pro wrestler but this guy is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Even as a pro wrestler he is much more popular and recognizable than Lashley.

Sounds like you have a personal problem with him and refuse to give him credit.

Its not that I hate him, I dont. I would just rather see up and coming talent earn their way up more and make their dream come true rather then someone who is already making big doe that kinda just has an attitude like," eh i'll try it out one day." Like its nothing. He's already been seriously hurt, he is getting old.. He should just stay in the wrestling business and retire. Thats my whole opinion.

JadedX
04-24-2010, 05:04 AM
i don't know if everyone realizes how much better a wrestler kurt angle is then everybody else in the ufc. lets take randy cotoure for instance his wrestling pedigree is renown as one of the best in the sport. well cotoure was a two time all-american in college and never won the whole thing, angle won it twice.

cotoure was an olympic alternate. angle wasn't just on the olympic team he won the whole damn thing!! many people don't realize how amazing that is. for a guy who wrestles in college to win gold is phenominal because most successful US olympians don't go to college and wrestle folkstyle, they train in freestyle or greco year round to be more successful at the international level. angle did not do this because he was a collegiate wrestle so it just blows my mind that he won gold

angle in the ufc intrigues me. hes old and when he talks i think hes suffered brain damage because hes so stupid and annoying but i think he'd do better then expected. i also think hes telling the truth about dana not wnating him to fight mma and wrestle.
Wanderlei Silva destroyed Quinton Jackson twice in Pride, so by your logic, or WrestlingMath, I should say, Wanderlei Silva should've destroyed Quinton Jackson in the UFC. That wasn't the case, now was it? And who the fcuk is randy cotoure?

he wont set records like brock
Agreed. And that is all.

TheKidInside
04-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Wanderlei Silva destroyed Quinton Jackson twice in Pride, so by your logic, or WrestlingMath, I should say, Wanderlei Silva should've destroyed Quinton Jackson in the UFC. That wasn't the case, now was it? And who the fcuk is randy cotoure?

Agreed. And that is all.

wandy + white briefs = killer

wandy + beach trunks = fail.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-24-2010, 05:24 AM
I think a Strikeforce throwdown between Angle/Lindland would've been really really cool.

MetallicKnight3X
04-24-2010, 05:35 AM
If you don't think Kurt would set records like Brock, you must sincerely lack any insight into what buyratees and drawing power are all about.....

PLUH-EEEZE name me any Olympic Gold Medalist who's fought in the UFC EVER??? How about you just name me somebody who was on cable TV every Monday/Friday night for the better part of a decade and has performed infront of tens of millions of combat fans over the years and has an established hardcore audience? Because after reading your post, it became abundantly clear that your argumentation is amazingly flawed when you fail to realize the legit cred Angle walks around with, not to mention the amazing drawing power he has from his WWE pedigree, not to mention the fact that he's a hundred times the wrestling drawing power of Lesnar and Lashley combined. Moreover, it's pretty damn ignorant to mention Michaels over Angle given how much REAL competition Angle has experienced over the years.

Will Angle ever fight in the UFC? Probably not. BUT, if they booked him to fight Chuck or Tito, it would probably be one of the biggest PPVs in UFC history. He's a bigger name in wrestling than Brock was when he debuted in UFC and he's got a thousand times bigger credentials. Consider the crossover potential from wrestling fans and his Olympic success, Angle is a pretty amazing pickup if they wanted a one off superfight and he'd draw a big number.

where did I say that he wouldnt draw big rates??I said not bigger then Brock, everyone loves to hate Brock so ppl would watch, no one knows about Angles game except wrestling. Read my post again before you go running your mouth about with what I said. Yea obviously him being a pro wrestler would draw more then just the UFC crowd wow im not that ignorant buddy Lesnar had what 4 fights on his resume and his fight set the record?? I DIDNT DISCREDIT HIM FOR BEING A GOLD MEDALIST NEITHER!! I said i rather see upcoming talent fight since its their dream, their pashion to make it. Angle already made it, he's already making huge money, he's already had a serious injury.. breaking your neck is no joke and he's getting old. He doesnt need the UFC he has nothing to prove, nor does he need to get hurt again. And obviously my Shawn Michaels comment was a freaking joke come on.. dont attack my post unless you are thoroughly going to read it and make a legit argument.. because there isnt one here. You wanna see Angle in obviously, and I think for his health I say no.

willpunisher
04-24-2010, 05:42 AM
he sucks.
i would much rather see Stone Cold and the STONE COLD STUNNER! Stone Cold Stunner!

Pasha K
04-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Maybe about 7 years ago he could still do something important in MMA, but today I cant see it.
He has an injured neck, he is a legit wrestler but I cant see at all how he would survive against any decent fighter.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-24-2010, 06:06 AM
where did I say that he wouldnt draw big rates??I said not bigger then Brock, everyone loves to hate Brock so ppl would watch, no one knows about Angles game except wrestling. Read my post again before you go running your mouth about with what I said. Yea obviously him being a pro wrestler would draw more then just the UFC crowd wow im not that ignorant buddy Lesnar had what 4 fights on his resume and his fight set the record?? I DIDNT DISCREDIT HIM FOR BEING A GOLD MEDALIST NEITHER!! I said i rather see upcoming talent fight since its their dream, their pashion to make it. Angle already made it, he's already making huge money, he's already had a serious injury.. breaking your neck is no joke and he's getting old. He doesnt need the UFC he has nothing to prove, nor does he need to get hurt again. And obviously my Shawn Michaels comment was a freaking joke come on.. dont attack my post unless you are thoroughly going to read it and make a legit argument.. because there isnt one here. You wanna see Angle in obviously, and I think for his health I say no.

I did indeed read your post and you were ignorant. Now what you're doing is classic backstepping and I love it! People call you for shitting on somebody and all of a sudden oh wait, I didn't SAY that blah blah blah....... Let's please look back at why you got "attacked"

Your exact post said that you'd rather see Lashley or "shit I rather see Shawn Michaels in the UFC LOL" , which is a flawless example your ignorance to how stunning Olympic gold medal wrestlers skills are. Now, if you'd have spoken of his serious injuries(like tahdah, you miraculously are now) or the fact that he WAS an olympic gold medalist and counterargued, that's cool with me, but fact is, you just talked about circuses and Shawn Michaels and were being thoughtless and just taking a piss.

I actually DON'T want to see Angle in the UFC because I think he's too banged up, but I stated that and then laid out my pros and cons, you just took a shit. Angle's a big draw and would potentially outdraw all Lesnars prior to 100 because of how they could promote him, which you didn't highlight, rather you just said he wouldn't outdraw him, which is shortsighted. You talked out of your ass and are only now coming back with insightful comments because you're back's up.

Oh and let's not forget that you didn't think Angle'd make an "impact", because I'm pretty should he could draw a huge number for however many fights he took. Comparing a guy who'd automatically jump into the main event with up and comers is so stupid, they're at two completely different places in their careers and ACTUALLY, a guy like Angle could bring in alot of viewers to catch up and comers who may not be known, but you probably already thought of that.

End of day, you poopoo'd Angle in your post and ignored what he brought to the table and didn't back your talk and got told. Deal with it and maybe put a little more insight into your posts.

Sakara=Excitement
04-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I guess no one remembers when Daniel Pruder almost broke Kurt Angle's arm on Smackdown. Not some scripted crap but legit. It's what eventually got Daniel fired from the WWE. Kurt did like an open challange and Daniel came out, put Kurt in a Kimura and the "ref" counted to three when Daniel's shoulders weren't down so they could stop the match and not have Kurt's arm broken.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FA2PQEyKP7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FA2PQEyKP7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MetallicKnight3X
04-24-2010, 07:19 AM
if ya really wanna break down my first post here ya go.
whole shawn michaels ordeal followed by " all BS aside" which means i was Bullshitting, aka messing around. But someone got all butt hurt by it, meant no disrespect to Angle, sorry next time i'll say juss kidding or messing around so you can actually take it that way.
Reason I would like to see Lashley in because he has no injuries to my knowledge, still young enough to improve and make strides, undefeated, a true wrestler, him and Brock would be interesting if Lashley deserves it. Angle on the other hand I already knew he broke his neck, check his age, what fights can he actually have?? does he really even need to fight? No. What I meant by "Impact" was about his fighting skills not about how much he can draw. And how am I "poopooing" on Angle when I said he cant draw more then Brock, what does that matter? Now if I was saying Angle sucks and all he is a WWE draw and blah blah blah then that would be stupid and I would be "poopooing" on Angle. We just both stated the obvious, i think he's too banged up and I think he has nothing to prove to anyone and you also said he is too banged up and couldnt clear a physical. I mean what would Angle fight at LHW?? you think him and per say Rampage or Couture could've outdrawn Lesnar vs Couture or Lesnar vs Mir.. I dont think so. The size and his cockiness alone and no respect draws enough hate from the fans to want to watch him get beat. How are they going to promote Angle?? A decorated WWE superstar with a gold medal in wrestling but has no MMA pro fights and we are going to throw him in there, obviously he's going to need tune up fights and he wont be fighting the biggest names as soon as he gets there so his drawing power will be minimal. I would rather see him just chill in the WWE and retire and I didnt say he's washed up and couldnt wrestle anymore.. i'm stating he needs to look out for his well being.

Ya done or u wanna keep going?? If you want me to tag this just let me know and we can have pointless and endless arguments about Curt Angle all day and night long, I rather be done with this topic, how bout you?

DonkeyNutsOnline.com
04-24-2010, 10:15 AM
And Razor Ramon pulled a knife...but someone brought lasers, fucking LASERS to the fight! Who does that? The Undertaker that's fucking who. And then Godzilla shows up and all hell breaks loose. Vanilla Ice break dances to "2 Legit 2 Quit"...yeah it was fucking epic. But I don't know how true it is, take it for what it's worth.

LLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO.
BOY OH BOY, U GOT A PRETTY DAMN GOOD IMAGINATION.
U had me rolling.

lwbrewer
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Kurt lives in Fox Chapel North of Pittsburgh Pa. He hasn't be leeding a life for long prosperity for years. He's been DUI had a lot of stupid scuffels with the law. Mentally and physically it would be hard for him to be much of a threat, TV has turned him into a drama queen. The WWF/E ruined him as he was a intense individual when he was going for the gold. total different person now.

The_Mab69
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Lemme reflect on why Kurts not in the UFC for a quick moment: MMA IS NOT FOR PUSSY ASS BITCHES.

Ahem, that being said it pisses me off how kurt talks about MMA (UFC) in a very demeaning tone, as if like its something anyone can just jump into and do, like he could just jump in the UFC and be the champ or something. I find myself getting really pissed off over this too. Fuck him.

Edit: Not saying hes not talented, he's just a bitch.

YukonJordan
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Clearly no one is talking about Angle joining MMA now, at least not with any realistic chances of it happening. Angle is right though. If he had joined MMA right around 96 he would have been a monster. Unfortunately(or fortunately if like Angle in pro-wrestling) Vince McMahon came along with way more money than MMA was paying and the rest is history.

Hypothetically if Angle did headline a PPV he would easily outsell Lesnar. He is a higher profile athlete with better credentials and a larger more hardcore loyal fanbase.

Lemme reflect on why Kurts not in the UFC for a quick moment: MMA IS NOT FOR PUSSY ASS BITCHES.

Ahem, that being said it pisses me off how kurt talks about MMA (UFC) in a very demeaning tone, as if like its something anyone can just jump into and do, like he could just jump in the UFC and be the champ or something. I find myself getting really pissed off over this too. Fuck him.

Edit: Not saying hes not talented, he's just a bitch.

He says he could be champion because we've already seen someone with a wrestling background step in and become champion. And as I stated above Angle's background is better than that other guy that jumped from the WWE to the UFC.

lwbrewer
04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Kurt if he came in his prime he would of been boring for a few reasons. When he was going for the gold he avoided any attention he took his training so seriously even turned down dates with movie stars for a night. Basicly if it didn't help his chances he avoided it he was a lousie interview. Today he can sell a fight but his mind and body aren't there any more, and his body won't come back.

CJRockstar
04-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow.... when I posted this I expected a few lame duck responses. 1 day later its almost been viewed 3000 times... My take on the whole situation is that if he DOES make it into the UFC, it better be at light heavyweight cuz lets face it, a taller beefier Carwin/Brock/Dos Santos/Velazquez would strike his head clean off his body. He could really tear it up in the LHW division seeing as it's in dissaray right now. His takedowns alone could neutralize the best Light Heavies. A

s for Kurt the person, he works his ass off, but he's still the same ole douchy Kurt Angle and I have no desire to see him in MMA, much less UFC. He seems very passionate about ONLY being in the UFC. Only time will tell, but thats the one thing he doesn't have much of left.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-24-2010, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=CJRockstar;709535]Wow.... when I posted this I expected a few lame duck responses. 1 day later its almost been viewed 3000 times... My take on the whole situation is that if he DOES make it into the UFC, it better be at light heavyweight cuz lets face it, a taller beefier Carwin/Brock/Dos Santos/Velazquez would strike his head clean off his body. He could really tear it up in the LHW division seeing as it's in dissaray right now. His takedowns alone could neutralize the best Light Heavies. QUOTE]

It's interesting you bring this up, because Angle's said himself, that a large part of his success in the Olympics and the US trails against guys like Mark Coleman was on account that he walks around at about 200 even and didn't need to cut an ounce, so he would basically impose his will and push and push and push a foe into burning them out because they were all cutting down from around 220. He was a natural cardio machine and I think a fight vs. Tito or Chuck would probably break records.......

One thing that really makes me think that Angle will never be in the UFC is that they cut Mark Coleman, because he was the perfect matchup for Kurt and would've been around the skilllevel that would be best for a good performance. I would think that if Dana wanted Kurt, he'd have kept Coleman to "test the waters". However Chuck and Tito are on the downside of their careers, Chuck moreso and I'd be hardpressed to find a mainevent as mainstream as Kurt Angle/Chuck Liddell.....

KillahKimbo
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Kurt Angle would be the first person in the UFC to die in the cage if he fought. That wont happen though since he will never pass a drug test, he was on death watch by WWE.

TheRipper
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM

Would like to see Ashley vs Brock in real life.

mmaclothingtrends
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
I would find it very funny if Kurt Angle came to the UFC and became champ! I could just picture it now, 3 fights between lesnar and Angle. I think if that happened I would basically stop watching mma altogether for 6 months. Sometimes I question the stuff Dana White does when hes claiming hes some advocate for the sport and the sport has to maintain integrity. He basically contradicts a ton of stuff he says. It is pretty clear he don't give a crap about the fighters and hes just in it for tons of money. Isn't Dana White the sole owner of the WEC?