PDA

View Full Version : Roy Nelson and Randy Couture

CRisCO
05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Is Roy to fat guys what Randy is to old guys?

I mean I've developed a mean looking gut over the past two years of not training and have to be honest I look up to the fatty.

What do you guys think?

MetalHead75
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I think you worded it exactly. I never liked Roy at first, but I have to admit he sure has my respect now.

QOTSA420
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
No shame in looking up to Roy. I dont care for him either way but I usually cheer for people I relate to. For instance I cheer for Faber for because he looks like a laid back stoner.

Mac
05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Is Roy to fat guys what Randy is to old guys?

I mean I've developed a mean looking gut over the past two years of not training and have to be honest I look up to the fatty.

What do you guys think?

I think you put this in the wrong section.

QOTSA420
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I think you put this in the wrong section.

I think its fresh, and is better than news clips from other sites.

IamLMNOP
05-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I've liked him since the IFL days. I was a fat kid

CRisCO
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I think its fresh, and is better than news clips from other sites.

this:grinsmile1:

sproggy
05-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I've always liked him. Goofy guy that doesn't look like he could do what he does and I like his attitude.

willpunisher
05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
lol well i always been of his since IFL.
my question to you though is Is Roy inspiring you to get out there, workout and train?

rough-n-tumble
05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Yes.

Being as fat as Roy really isn't the key to being a good athlete, must less a healthy individual. But it works for him. Seeing him a bit slimmer a few years back makes me wonder why he never moved down to 205.

Roy is talented and gets his due respect from me. Not really a fan though and could do without that hair.

NAL987
05-04-2010, 12:26 AM
I've always liked Roy, ever since his IFL days, It really doesn't matter to me what he looks like, he's a really good fighter, plus for a "fat guy" his jits is top notch, I don't know any other fat guys that can move like Roy.. I think the reason these forum fans don't like him is being Dana was giving him a bad rap on TUF.

CRisCO
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM
lol well i always been of his since IFL.
my question to you though is Is Roy inspiring you to get out there, workout and train?

Yea. I've been feeling the weight a lot more now. I balooned from a lean and solid 182 to a robust 230 in about two years. I'm only 5'7 but very stocky.

Belly runs in my family so I'm working hard now. Diet is the hardest part for me. That and following my training schedule I use to be able to train whenever I want now I'm limited.

Time to do work though. Gotta get them abs again.

rough-n-tumble
05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
And oddly enough, while I'm not a fan, I've been pulling for the guy. Does that make me a fan? I'm really hoping to see him against Kongo.

TheDoucheyWun
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes.

Being as fat as Roy really isn't the key to being a good athlete, must less a healthy individual. But it works for him. Seeing him a bit slimmer a few years back makes me wonder why he never moved down to 205.

No more whoppers is a big no no roys a big fan of food, 205 would never work

dexter
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Not joking here, but If you've ever rolled with a fat guy you'll see the big gut can be pretty uncomfortable if they use it right - they can stick it in your face so you can't breathe... or it can get in the way when u'r going for position - imagine going for a body triangle? not going to happen. lol

Kimbo> Rampage
05-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Is roy too fat, YES. Is he top5-10 most skilled HW's in the UFC, yes. Would he do better if he cut down some weight and added muscle, yes. He is an accomplished grappler and has very good control(not just his belly, although it def helps) but if he added some muscle onto his body after cutting down to 230 like when he grappled with mir then he could reach his full potential. he could beat most of the ufc's hw's now, most of them with ease. but i really think that it will catch up with him a against higher competition like jds, cain, lesnar, carwin, etc. i really dont think he can get cain, carwin, or lesnar down and they could take him down. JDS and cain are way too fast for roy and have sick skill and talent. Brock and carwin would overpower him and they have superior wrestling and could dictate where the fight went. Not sure if he would beat them even if in better shape, but it would be beneficial.

As far as randy? yes, he is too old. for almost any sport but randy is that 1 in million guy that can just fight for a ridiculous time. His takedowns are nothing compared to his from the past, his chin is highly diminished. But he is a lot better skill wise pretty much everywhere and he can beat most ufc hw's and lhw with that.

diceman23
05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Wouldnt any of you guys just like to see roy cut the gut and add a bit of muscle? Imagine how much it would imrprove his cardio..