PDA

View Full Version : Junoir Dos Santo's boxing

Terrorize
05-04-2010, 04:04 AM
MMA News - Junior dos Santos May Box While On MMA Layoff (http://www.mmanews.com/news/87939)

Rising UFC heavyweight Junior dos Santo's boxing training Carlos Dorea talks to Tatame about the talented heavyweights plans while he waits out some key fights in the heavyweight pictures:

"The first step would [have been] the Brazilian championship, after he beat Cro Cop. He was the super heavy holder of the Bahia's team, but UFC scheduled his fight with Gilbert Yvel, so I had to take him off the team. His evolving is fantastic, he has one of the best boxing techniques of international MMA. If everything goes right, he will compete in this area and, who knows, in the future he can bring a few medals to Brazil... He is a phenomenon."

can someone explain this to me, is his coach talking about UFC Championship or boxing
was wondering because i thought you couldn't take part in other events if your in the UFC

TheKidInside
05-05-2010, 07:40 AM
the first thing i thought about was Fedor and DW not letting him to Sambo and how often getting cut happens in the sport of boxing...No idea but JDS has some outstanding boxing and footwork and utilizes it well against other great strikers!

TheDoucheyWun
05-06-2010, 01:33 AM
DW would or would have let GSP leave to do his olyimpic thing, im sure same things would apply here has JDS is a fighter dana dont want to piss off along with GSP. he cant afford to lose neither for good