PDA

View Full Version : Mauricio Rua Vs Anderson Silva

dmc_tim
05-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Who wins this matchup and how? Rua is the only one able to give machida a whoopin and silva and machida have similar fighting styles, how does this fight go down??

dexter
05-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd go Silva - but this fight would be awesome

pdx_boxer503
05-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Shogun, hopfully it happens some day.

joeyP
05-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Shogun is more well rounded, and in my opinion may be able to take it to the ground

TBEAR
05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Shogun is more well rounded, and in my opinion may be able to take it to the ground

WHAT

Anderson BB in BJJ under nog
Anderson atleast top5 strikers in MMA

HOW is Shogun more well rounded?

Anderson wins by countering the aggresive Shogun. Anderson puts Shogun to sleep

joeyP
05-09-2010, 04:55 PM
TBEAR, I totally understand what you're saying.

I just feel that Shogun is more dangerous on the ground than Anderson, he has 2 submission victories from Pride that impressed me. Not to mention he has the ability to actually get a takedown. Anderson has no TDD.

Anderson is a better striker by far, but has he ever faced somebody with legitimate Muay Thai?

TBEAR
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
^^Isee what you are saying too. Would be a great fight....EPIC

Anderson is a better striker by far, but has he ever faced somebody with legitimate Muay Thai?

I think the key to this question can be answered without seeing it happen. Someone like the old Wandy or Shogun are very aggressive. We Kinda saw what Anderson does do aggressive fighters in the Forrestt fight when he countered him to death. Shogun is a better striker than Forrestt, but being that aggressive aginst Anderson is a bad move IMO. Hell, I could be wrong, that may be the only way to beat Anderson.

EPIC fight has to happen

dmc_tim
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
^^Isee what you are saying too. Would be a great fight....EPIC

I think the key to this question can be answered without seeing it happen. Someone like the old Wandy or Shogun are very aggressive. We Kinda saw what Anderson does do aggressive fighters in the Forrestt fight when he countered him to death. Shogun is a better striker than Forrestt, but being that aggressive aginst Anderson is a bad move IMO. Hell, I could be wrong, that may be the only way to beat Anderson.

EPIC fight has to happen

wasnt it also a mistake to be agressive against lyoto machida?? we all seen how that played out. i beleive shogun beats anderson silva by TKO or Unanimous decision. shogun is almost if not equally as fast as anderson with vicious kicks and accurate striking and timing. with both having excellent MT, i think that could cancel eachother out, i think this fight could be about who has the best ground game between the two, and we all know badass of a ground fighter shogun can be without soccer stomps.

heres to shogun being #1 P4P within 2 years.

Grapplepit28
05-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Not a chance in hell Shogun outstrikes Anderson. I have a great deal of respect for Shogun's striking; he's an elite level MMA striker with great Muay Thai, but Anderson is six levels above ANYone in MMA as far as striking is concerned. He has world class boxing skills with defense, footwork, and head movement, in addition to excellent Muay Thai skills. If Rua could take the fight to the ground, he has the skills to make it interesting, but I don't see him getting the chance. Anderson is too fast and too great of a counter-striker for Rua to get a chance at it. It will be an epic fight, but I say Anderson wins 8 or 9 times out of 10....

stpierrecanada
05-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Love both guy's but Shogun by decision.

I think Anderson needs to lose to get his motivation back honestly, and it won't happen until Shogun fight him, and hell it may not ever happen because Anderson is so good he can just toy around with the best in the world and still dominate.. Close fight but I got to stick with my boy Shogun!

stpierrecanada
05-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Not a chance in hell Shogun outstrikes Anderson. I have a great deal of respect for Shogun's striking; he's an elite level MMA striker with great Muay Thai, but Anderson is six levels above ANYone in MMA as far as striking is concerned. He has world class boxing skills with defense, footwork, and head movement, in addition to excellent Muay Thai skills. If Rua could take the fight to the ground, he has the skills to make it interesting, but I don't see him getting the chance. Anderson is too fast and too great of a counter-striker for Rua to get a chance at it. It will be an epic fight, but I say Anderson wins 8 or 9 times out of 10....

I disagree. Anderson is the best striker in the world but Fedor would do fine on the feet, and so would GSP or Shogun. Look at Aldo man..Anderson is the best striker IMO but not by that far ahead.

Kimbo> Rampage
05-11-2010, 09:36 AM
i would definetly want shogun to win but anderson has superior muay thai and boxing. Shogun has stronger punches and kicks buts anderson is much more accurate and would eventually pick him apart. I think that anderson would beat machida too. as far as the best mma strikers go i would say that anderson is #1 followed by shogun and machida. And please dont mention all the k1 strikers from the past that have given mma a go like maurice, mcdonald, cc, hunt, ect. im saying the most successful strikers in mma.

Sniggles
05-13-2010, 02:46 AM
Aldo is not on Silva's level.

stpierrecanada
05-13-2010, 05:31 AM

Why not? They train together and Aldo is just as dominant as Silva was if not more. He probably has better, more lethal kicks than Anderson. Why can't he be on Anderson's level, because he has less wins? Or he is 145lbs? I don't understand why. I like Anderson and all but I don't understand..

IceCold48
05-13-2010, 05:48 AM

you cant really say that, hes dominated everyone so we really dont know

Caine2878
05-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Would hate to see this fight! LOL these are my two favorite fighters and could not possibly root for anyone in this fight.

The Return Of......
05-15-2010, 10:29 PM
im taking anderson in this fight

yes show gun looked very very impressive against machida, but ive always thought that the real reason silva wouldnt fight machida was because he knew from training against him that he is a league or 3 above him.