PDA

View Full Version : lesner #1 hvy weight

holymoses
05-18-2010, 11:39 AM
if lesner beats carwin will he move to the top spot.fedor isnt faceing top 10 fighters does he really deserve the #1 ranking.im not takeing away from his pride days or how would he do against this guy talk.he plain and simply hasnt fought top guys in a while

KevoOnTheRadio
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Fedor's last 3 fights-

Brett Rogers- Ranked top 10 when they fought
Andrei Arlovski- Ranked top 5 when they fought
Tim Sylvia- Ranked top 5 when they fought

Next opponent- Fabricio Werdum- Ranked in the top 10.

Yea, definatly hasn't faced top guys in awhile.

Pasha K
05-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah, a guy that would be 5-1 definitely deserves to be higher than a man with 32-1 LOL.

BTW the only Top 10 Lesnar has defeated till today is Mir, neither Herring or Couture were in the Top 10. Ok if he defetas Carwin, then he would have 2 wins over Top 10.

It seems that or many people discovered MMA about 3 months ago or they have a very short memory. As Kevo said, Tim Sylvia was Top 5 at the time, Arlovksy was Top 3, Rogers was Top 10, Werdum is Top 10. If he wins Werdum, he will probably face Overeem who is also a Top 10. Fedor has faced some cans like Zulu or Choi and it seems that those fights are the only ones that some people remember.

Leucoethiops
05-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Fedor has faced some cans like Zulu or Choi and it seems that those fights are the only ones that some people remember.

Actually, I don't even think they're remembering those fights. I think they're remembering Dana White's cliche commentary which he spews everytime the subject of Fedor comes up: "Fedor isn't even top 10, he hasn't fought anyone in years."

Fedor's last 3 fights-

Oddly enough, THIS site doesn't have Werdum in the top 10; more oddly still is that they rank Antonio Silva at #10

holymoses
05-18-2010, 01:56 PM
heres what im saying,i watched all 3 tim vs aa fights if they were the same guys that they were in the first 2 fights i would say more props to fedor but they werent.i remeber looking at the rankings when all the talk of randy and fedor were going on and there wasnt alot of good hvw. i just thank the level of compation has risen so much in the past 2 years them guys in there prime would have a tougher time

rivethead
05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
heres what im saying,i watched all 3 tim vs aa fights if they were the same guys that they were in the first 2 fights i would say more props to fedor but they werent.i remeber looking at the rankings when all the talk of randy and fedor were going on and there wasnt alot of good hvw. i just thank the level of compation has risen so much in the past 2 years them guys in there prime would have a tougher time

A) the fact that you can't even spell lesnar correctly in your title says a lot.
B) So Tim and Andrei weren't the same as they were at their peak when you look at Fedor's competition; but I'm assuming you're saying Randy was still at his peak [if he ever had a legitimate HW peak] when he faced brock?

rh

IceCold48
05-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Fedor's last 3 fights-

yea i agree fedor would be #1 definetly at least as far as rankings go. we technically cant prove that he is a better fighter then brock because they have never fought and have no common opponents but fedor has done nothing that would warrant him to losing the top spot.

also if alistair keeps looking the way he did on saturday he may put himself into the discussion. and you never know about cain and cigano, considering they've lost a combined one fight(jds in 07). but as of now fedor emilianenko is definitely the #1 heavyweight in the world even if brock beats carwin.

Pasha K
05-18-2010, 04:32 PM
we technically cant prove that he is a better fighter then brock because they have never fought and have no common opponents .

They do, they both have fought Herring.
The result is practically the same: Complete destruction.
But to be honest the Herring of 2003 was considered more dangerous than the Herring of 2008. In 2003 I was not a MMA fan so I dont know where Herring was ranked but some people say that he was a Top 10.

CRisCO
05-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Fedor will not be #1 until he beats his managment.

AmmsAcad
05-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I think those two should fight lesner and fedor I would pay to watch that one. but I would seriously hope that they would fight standing up

The Return Of......
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
fedor will not be no 1 forever. however no matter the outcome of the brock carwin fight, fedor will remain no 1. fedor either has to lose, or after the werdum and possibly AO fight just fade away before someone over takes him as number 1. and im not 100% sold that 1 loss will drop him from number 1

Eplexx
05-24-2010, 04:18 PM
I want to see lesner vs carwin so bad! I can't wait.