PDA

View Full Version : SopCast does not show UFC PPVs anymore?

Pasha K
05-20-2010, 08:55 PM
This is something I wanted to ask, since UFC 110 I have been unable to watch the UFC PPVs, before 110 Sopcast always broadcasted the PPVs for free and in a decent quality. But from 110 till today, they stopped showing it.

Is there a good reason for that?

Koscheck4Champ
05-20-2010, 09:25 PM
unaware of that. Ive been ordering the last few. If this is true then.....not cool!!!

joeyP
05-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem. I think they're scared of the UFC punishing them

Bloodbeard
05-21-2010, 05:32 PM
I have never even tried but how do you normally get the address? did you try googling for a sopcast address right around when the PPV starts?

joeyP
05-21-2010, 08:12 PM
myp2p.eu always has the sopcast channels

Pasha K
05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I have never even tried but how do you normally get the address? did you try googling for a sopcast address right around when the PPV starts?

No, I actually downloaded SopCast and when its time of a PPV I just turn it on and put it in the channel "MMA TV", months ago it worked perfectly, not only UFC, but they always broadcasted also Strikeforce, Bitteti, Dream etc., I was able to watch SF last weekend but with some problems because at the beginning there was some bullshit saying "Unable to connect Sopcast" or something like that. However it doesnt work anymore with the UFC PPVs.

Bloodbeard
05-21-2010, 09:14 PM
No, I actually downloaded SopCast and when its time of a PPV I just turn it on and put it in the channel "MMA TV", months ago it worked perfectly, not only UFC, but they always broadcasted also Strikeforce, Bitteti, Dream etc., I was able to watch SF last weekend but with some problems because at the beginning there was some bullshit saying "Unable to connect Sopcast" or something like that. However it doesnt work anymore with the UFC PPVs.

Well I wouldn't know but maybe try googling "UFC xxx sopcast address" right around when the PPV starts. It might work if you do that.

Pasha K
06-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I would like to say that I am proud and happy that SopCast continue to show UFC PPVs. Yesterday I watched it Live and with a pretty decent quality.

Thank you SopCast, God bless you.

Ramma
06-14-2010, 05:20 AM
There is something I've never understood about streams simply because I never use them. I either go out to watch an event with friends or one friend orders it and we all end up pitching in like 4 or 5 dollars each.

So, as far as I knew, streams were illegal, this that and the other thing. But people pretty openly talk about it.

Anyway, is it illegal to watch stuff on SopCast? Or is it illegal to be the one streaming it?

I always assumed watching the streams would be legal because if, for example, someone posted Rich/Chuck on Youtube and you watched it before it was taken down, I don't think you could get in trouble.

SimpleJack
06-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure, but I contend that the UFC could make an absolute fortune by offering a $199 season pass (hell, maybe even $299 with the amount some people spend) and putting it through the cable companies.

GL Jeff
06-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I live in Canada,nothing is illegal. And the more the UFC whines about it, the more our courts will rule against them,its the Canadian way.

GSPvsSILVA2012
06-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Sopcast wasn't working for a few cards before UFC 113 either. Ever since it's been fine for me. Although, not sure about 114 because I bought that one.

I pay for maybe 3 cards a year. I like watching the big ones like UFC 100, 112, 114, 116 live on my big screen. It's just too much money to fork over for every single event when you have cards like Coleman\Couture as the headline. I've heard danas speeches about those types of cards too "If your a fight fan" ... etc etc. Yeah, I agree alot of the times there's good action and competitive fights no matter what card it is. The thing I enjoy most about MMA is how intriguing the matchups are and wtf will happen when this guy meets this guy. What actually happens may be a boring wall and stall fest but if the matchups were great then I'm still very interested. I prefer the clash of styles and game plan strategy, rather than the raw aggression and action in seeing two guys pull a Forest\Bonnar every fight. The thing is, I'm probably just as interested (if not more) in those other cards that I don't pay for as many of the guys that DO pay for them. That is what a "true" mma fan should be judged by, not how many cards he can afford. Yeah, it's great for the sport but nobody buys the card for the sake of the sport ffs. So many people are guilty of watching streams. I'm one of them and I don't feel bad for it at all because I fork out a shit load of money for the UFC. Most likely more than a lot of hardcore fans (income to money spent ratio).