PDA

View Full Version : MMA + Gay = ?

Bloodbeard
05-21-2010, 12:32 AM
I legitimately want to know if anyone knows any homosexual MMA fighters personally or if they have any funny speculations they would like to bring to the table... without bashing anyone!. I'm not trying to be politically incorrect I just know a lot of "gays" and have a good eye for picking them out and there is only 1 person I can think of who I'd bet my life on being gay and he is a competitor on TUF11. There are so many testy males in the MMA world I just imagine it being like a freakshow if someone was openly gay and fighting some homophobe. OMG AIDS!!! lol.

the_dark_angel_4ever
05-21-2010, 12:43 AM
I can't remember the guys name, but I do remember hearing about "The first openly gay fighter" several months ago. Thats it for my contribution though lol

TheKidInside
05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Blood, you're talking about Nick Ring? He isn't gay.

Kimbo> Rampage
05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
you're talking about Nick Ring? He isn't gay.

:huh:

GL Jeff
05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
THeir was a guy in TUF that admitted to being gay. But it dosent matter, being gay has nothing to do with MMA,and if you think its an issue you need to grow-up.

jody
05-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I think I'd be a little uncomfortable in the North/South position...:)

One-Way
05-21-2010, 12:53 AM
THeir was a guy in TUF that admitted to being gay. But it dosent matter, being gay has nothing to do with MMA,and if you think its an issue you need to grow-up.

Second

Kimbo> Rampage
05-21-2010, 12:58 AM
agree as well, if you are passionate about mma, have the skills, and are mentally prepared to fight it doesnt matter. i just disagreed with what he said. just a hunch though, dont really give a hoot either way.

rivethead
05-21-2010, 01:01 AM

...and just when I've written you off as a buffoon, you come up with a solid post.

Nicely done.

rh

The8thPlague
05-21-2010, 01:15 AM
you're talking about Nick Ring? He isn't gay.

:huh: yeah, OK.

KnowledgeKnown
05-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Is it April 1st? this cannot be a real thread

Punk Ass
05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Didnt Frank Shamrock say Josh thompson is the first openly gay fighter? lol

TheKidInside
05-21-2010, 01:25 AM
:huh: yeah, OK.

yeah, it's a fact ;)

The_Mab69
05-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Nick Ring, any takers????

Caine2878
05-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Why would it even matter? Threads like this I would expect to see on boxing forums with all the MMA hate they have over there.

tinkerskippy
05-21-2010, 03:10 AM
What the hell I'll play devils advocate and confess I thought nick ring was gay - not that there's anything wrong with that.

My spider senses are telling me this will turn into an epic thread with some people getting banned...

jrcbk
05-21-2010, 03:11 AM
:huh:

Ditto

scolli7
05-21-2010, 03:26 AM
if i remember correctly, i saw a study that concluded approx. 7% of people are homosexual. Using the law of probability, there are going to be some homosexual fighters in MMA.

The real question is whether or not said fighters would be "open." My guess would be; not in the near future.

I do not consider myself to be homophobic. However, would i think twice about rolling with a gay man while training? Honestly, the answer is yes. I would not do it.

I know that would not sit well with "politically-correct" members of our society, but that is the way i feel.

To inject a bit of levity into what is sure to be a very serious discussion, anyone out there know how to make 4 gay guys sit on a barstool?

mattc25
05-21-2010, 03:29 AM
...Their are some poster's on the UG that know Nick Ring personally who said he pulls in all kinds of hot snatch. They said he is playing up the whole gay thing on the show because he is big jokester and likes to fuck with people.....BTW this thread needs to be noob jacked,because this topic is GAY!!

Tyreas
05-21-2010, 03:59 AM
BTW this thread needs to be noob jacked,because this topic is GAY!!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtvFbXG-7Mw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtvFbXG-7Mw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mattc25
05-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtvFbXG-7Mw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtvFbXG-7Mw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>:laughing4::laughing4:

Trojan Fight Club
05-21-2010, 04:16 AM
To inject a bit of levity into what is sure to be a very serious discussion, anyone out there know how to make 4 gay guys sit on a barstool?

Flip the bar stool over! but yea anyways, I don't think I would have a problem sparring or grappling with a gay man, but I can say this because I've never had to face the issue. I think it would be fine though, there just aren't any gays at my gym.

snakebite
05-21-2010, 04:16 AM
These guys from my work went to new orleans for a job. If you have gone to bourbon well then you know torwards the dark end it turns into a gay area. They said they were down there choosing where to go and saw an mma fight on tv in the bar. Also that night there was a ufc. They said they were stoked to find it and went it. I swear on everything they said it was real MMA with two fully gay naked guys going at it!!!! It was a gay bar and the whole thing was all gay guys scraping naked. They just took off and couldnt believe what they saw.

scolli7
05-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Flip the bar stool over! but yea anyways, I don't think I would have a problem sparring or grappling with a gay man, but I can say this because I've never had to face the issue. I think it would be fine though, there just aren't any gays at my gym.

lol how do you know?

Not bashing you or your gym friend, but no one ever knows. How can you truely know what is going on is anyone's head?

I remember a fantastic quote. "Everyone is normal to themself."

I am not trying to fuck with you at all. All i am trying to say is that if a person did not want you to know that they were gay, you would not know.

Anyways, i am a little high right now, and i am stepping into a convo that i definately do not have the energy for lol.

Trojan Fight Club
05-21-2010, 04:42 AM
hahaha I guess you're right. Come to think of it, if Richie told me he was gay, I would believe it.

Esox Express
05-21-2010, 05:42 AM
I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if GSP came out

GL Jeff
05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
You wouldnt spar or roll with a gay man. Are some of you guys fucking idiots, its not like gay men are a pestilence running around the country side trying to fuck you. Their normal people, some of the greatest warriors of all time slept with men.

bottlerocks
05-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Nick Ring is fucking with people.

Nick Ring Addresses the Gay Rumors...Sort Of. - Gals Guide To MMA (http://www.galsguidetomma.com/2010/5/7/1462706/nick-ring-addresses-the-gay-rumors)

On a side note, I read a blog about the pros of being lazy by Nick Ring a few weeks ago that had me laughing my ass off. If I find it again I'll post it.

Chillzone
05-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Even if a couple dudes are openly or secretly gay, does it matter? Just because they happen to be rolling or sparring with another dude, doesn't mean they are trying to get dominant position just to try and do them. I have several friends who are gay and they're not attracted to people just because they are males. It'd be like saying Megan Fox should be attracted to me just because she is straight and I'm a guy.

Chillzone
05-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Do you maybe have your fingers crossed? What a joke!

TheKidInside
05-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Nick Ring, any takers????

bro...please, read at least half the thread before posting. It wasn't even 10 posts in that I've said Nick Ring isn't gay...in fact I think it was the 4th post...

and...

Rear Naked Radio (http://www.podfeed.net/podcast/Rear+Naked+Radio/13661)

he says that he really has that accent and the only thing he did "gay" on the show was standing around in his briefs in a funny pose...I do that too sometimes for shits and giggles and remember, ITS A REALITY SHOW!

mma #1 fan
05-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I legitimately want to know if anyone knows any homosexual MMA fighters personally or if they have any funny speculations they would like to bring to the table... without bashing anyone!. I'm not trying to be politically incorrect I just know a lot of "gays" and have a good eye for picking them out and there is only 1 person I can think of who I'd bet my life on being gay and he is a competitor on TUF11. There are so many testy males in the MMA world I just imagine it being like a freakshow if someone was openly gay and fighting some homophobe. OMG AIDS!!! lol.

well i know of one his name is Shad Smith .
but i would bet there are a lot more . The dude from tuf is just being an dork.
i my self have tried it twice but i dont like the after taste. LOL I kid I kid.

mma #1 fan
05-21-2010, 03:49 PM

Dude thats how they make them up in quebec. He is not gay .

Bloodbeard
05-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I can imagine Nick Ring swings both ways but not completely straight. When he was stancing in his underwear he did look like he was playing it up but go watch when the doctor was examining his knee or his interview after he lost his fight. Those 2 things sold me. I basically know more gay people than straight people and Ring is hilarious either way but getting laid by a woman doesn't make you straight. Ring, Cyasey, Yager are my favs this season. makes no difference to me their orientation so don't troll me. I just think a lot of spazzy guys would flip out if they had to fight an openly gay person so I was hoping someone would come out with a story like that for me to laugh at.

"The gay dude almost had me in a RNC and I felt his boner so I tapped out."

CRisCO
05-21-2010, 05:44 PM
I thought ring was the gay. Don't care either way I just thought he was.

mma #1 fan
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/magazine/23martial-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

very long story about shad smith

The Return Of......
05-21-2010, 07:48 PM
wow.....thats odd.........................

i clicked on a link at mmanews.com and somehow ended up sherdog.............................

funny

likebutta
05-21-2010, 11:03 PM
I think most people make the assumption Nick Ring was gay because off the sound of his voice. Not every fighter is blessed with a rough, monotone voice!

IceCold48
05-21-2010, 11:11 PM
this is the dumbest thread sorry bloodbeard. i know this isnt how you intended it but this is the kind of thread an unintelligent would make to bask mma(not saying your unintelligent or bashing just that dumb people who dont liek would be all ewe men with no shirts on touching each other gay ewe. im sure we've all met people like that.

venomousvillain
05-21-2010, 11:17 PM
MMA + Gay = ?

fishsticks?

Bloodbeard
05-21-2010, 11:47 PM
this is the dumbest thread sorry bloodbeard.

Agreed!. Let's just forget this ever happened. lol

Kimbo> Rampage
05-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I've said Nick Ring isn't gay.

YOU DONT KNOW THAT

lol if you dont like a thread dont post in it to keep it alive, you only have yourselves to blame. It really doesnt matter eaither way, it didnt make me laugh when people were wondering if he was gay or not on various sites, but it is funny you would go out of the way to say shit that you dont know.

let people form their own thoughts, it's not like there isnt smoke there. is junie browing legally insane, is war machine an alcholic? people just wondering, its only offensive if you make it offensive. he simply asked if somebody in mma was gay, that doesnt mean if a gay person saw it they would be offended. they would see it as irrelivant as all of us do, but you would have to see gay as being wrong to think of it as offensive to bring up the subject.

I dont have a problem with people who choose to be gay, i even have friends on this forum (steve 44):grinsmile1:

Death Beast
05-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I think I'd be wary of rolling with a gay dude in practice and I don't consider myself a homophobe. I just wouldn't want to lead the guy on either.

I know if a chick asked me to roll with her in training and she was pretty hot, I'd probably think to myself "Oh yeah she wants me". Even if it was completely platonic, there's always that little part of the guy brain that says that chick picked you for a 'reason' when there was other guys she could have practiced with.
I wouldn't want to give some gay guy that same false hope. However if it was something where everyone was taking turns sparring then I'd have no problem with it when it was my turn. I just wouldn't go looking to get that 'friendly' with someone when I don't know what their intentions are. Doesn't make me scared of being raped, just wouldn't want to have to see someone every time I went back that I 'turned down'. Would be hard to think he's not going to be attracted to me if we rolled again

mma #1 fan
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
YOU DONT KNOW THAT

lol if you dont like a thread dont post in it to keep it alive, you only have yourselves to blame. It really doesnt matter eaither way, it didnt make me laugh when people were wondering if he was gay or not on various sites, but it is funny you would go out of the way to say shit that you dont know.

let people form their own thoughts, it's not like there isnt smoke there. is junie browing legally insane, is war machine an alcholic? people just wondering, its only offensive if you make it offensive. he simply asked if somebody in mma was gay, that doesnt mean if a gay person saw it they would be offended. they would see it as irrelivant as all of us do, but you would have to see gay as being wrong to think of it as offensive to bring up the subject.

I dont have a problem with people who choose to be gay, i even have friends on this forum (steve 44):grinsmile1:

what the fuck makes you think its a choice . if you did have any gay friends they hate you now cause the last thing it is. Is a choice .
As I have said on here before my dad was gay (rip) I just can't believe he would let me and my sister's go threw what we did growing up if he had a choice

JadedX
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
...and just when I've written you off as a buffoon, you come up with a solid post.

Nicely done.

rh
I was just about to agree with you, but then I had re-read his post via your quote. I just had to. He used the word 'THeir', when it should've been 'THere', or 'There'. And that isn't the first time, neither. He confuses the two words consistently :(

I really don't see the problem with fighters being gay, but to each their own.

JPeezy
05-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I don't think a gay fighter would go over too well in the ring. Other fighters would probably try to punch and kick them in an effort to knock them out. (sarcasm off)

UFC-chef/Hughes-fan
05-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Gay, Straight, bi-sexual to me getting punched is getting punched. I had a buddy i used to train with that was gay and trust me the last thing you need to be worried about when rolling with him is whether or not he's getting a chubby when he's trying to snatch one of your limbs or your neck.

Just saying if GSP came out and said he was gay would that make him a lesser fighter. And to be honest thats not too far out there to say he isn't.

Y2JUBAE
05-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Tend to think Dana White might be. Just seems like he'd flaunt some eye candy around sometime being how he likes the spotlight so much. Never seen him with any females really? Then again, I haven't thought to notice.

rivethead
05-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Do you maybe have your fingers crossed? What a joke!

I've thought Georges was gay for a long time.

It has nothing to do with his talent.

I think I'd be wary of rolling with a gay dude in practice and I don't consider myself a homophobe. I just wouldn't want to lead the guy on either.

I consider you a homophobe, in the most literal sense of the word. It doesn't make you a bad person, it just means you have some degree of fear of homosexuality.

I dont have a problem with people who choose to be gay...
mmafan is right. It's not a choice. It's an orientation.

rh

Repenter
05-25-2010, 08:53 AM
is this really worthwhile conversation?

i don't see a problem with gay fighters. if someone is trying to take your head off, arousing N/S imagery is the last thing on your mind. i've been training bjj for years, rolled and trained with several women, and the relationship was always professional. big deal.

TheKidInside
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I honeslty don't see how a gay could be a fighter (that 'a gay' thing was a joke). Maybe it's because so many homosexual guys in NYC are sooo...GAY and look and sound like the farthest thing away from both a fighter and a man that I really find it unlikely. But, I've seen gay dudes act absolutely normal in other parts of the country, except the way they look at me (I am apparently a homo-magnet) and I could believe they could be fighters with no problem. I just don't think a lot of them would apply themselves to fighting because of the stigma they might associate with fighters and a lot of camps being homophobic etc.

I think in the future there will be more, and we are definitely going to see a scandal when one day a world champ comes out and says he's smokes cock poll. but at the moment, if there's ANY gay fighters they are probably in smaller shows or b-level fighters...except MAYBE GSP.

Here's why I think GSP is gay, it's because he's Canadian...oh and he's a FRENCH Canadian....no really :)

There was a vid of him being asked how to get Aryani Celeste to go out with you, GSP got this weird look in his eye like he was a tiny bit uncomfortable and then gave a weird answer about how you should respect her and etc (it's not WHAT he said, its HOW he said it) that sent my gay-dar going RED ALERT!!!(remember I get hit on by gay guys and my gay-dar is on point so I may make my escape, and not in a BJJ type of way, I mean run away asap)

mma #1 fan
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
so how many people on this forum are gay ???

The Return Of......
05-25-2010, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=TheKidInside;718456] if there's ANY gay fighters they are probably in smaller shows or b-level fighters...except MAYBE GSP.

QUOTE]

Oh GSP's gay
atleast thats what those penn nutt huggers like to say
had vasoline applied by a guy
now they claim he likes the ole one eye
he must be gay, thats what they

(to the tune of the nascar song by tim wilsom)

beau420
05-25-2010, 08:09 PM
As long as a fighter is still fighting, I doubt we will ever see a very popular gay UFC fighter.

Maybe after they retire they might 'come out'

As for GSP. To anyone that thinks he is gay.....go visit Montreal for a week, go out to clubs at night....that is how it is. It's the Euro/metro look and style. Mind you, they do have some huge fucking gay guys in Montreal. If you go out on a Tuesday or Wednesday to a club, check before going in if it is Gay night.

Even if any of the elite athletes are gay, I am sure they will keep that shit in the closet, and probably even bang some ladies just to keep it quite.

Look in every other major team sport that is out there. No one wants to be that guy. Makes me think of Dennis Rodman and his famous comments in his book:

Dennis Rodman acknowledged "many homosexual aspects of sports" in his 1996 memoir, Bad As I Wanna Be. "Watch any football game. What's the first thing guys do when they win a big game? They hug each other. What does a baseball manager do when he takes his pitcher out? He takes the ball and pats him on the ass…Man hugs man. Man pats man on ass. Man whispers in man's ear and kisses him on the cheek. This is classic homosexual or bisexual behavior," Rodman says.

I mean, according to wikipedia, look how short this list is:

List of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender sportspeople - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lesbian,_gay,_bisexual,_and_transgender_sp ortspeople)

Weird the list doesn't have Rodman, but I guess he went back to being straight after he got married, then divorced.

There are a ton of american football players who have commented on gay acts they have witnessed or taken place in....but some are married, with kids and shit. Look at US congressman, (especially the republicans) who are uber-closet gays. Who borderline bash gay people, yet like to have sexual acts with their pages or go to airport bathrooms looking for a glory hole.

All of these guys are alpha males. I bet their are gay fighters that are in the UFC, but some might never come out to the public, or even to themselves.

I am a straight guy...have no want or desire to stick my dick anyone around a man's face or ass. I feel bad for men, their family and kids, who are actually gay and never come out, and I am sure there are some of them in the UFC, but I would have no idea who to point my finger at. For all we know it could be Anderson, Lesnar, Couture, anyone.

Repenter
05-25-2010, 08:25 PM
if we're going to bring politics into it, i guess the most likely is chael sonnen then. he'd be a multi-meaning tea-bagger!

okay i'm done

beau420
05-25-2010, 08:39 PM
if we're going to bring politics into it, i guess the most likely is chael sonnen then. he'd be a multi-meaning tea-bagger!

okay i'm done

Hahahhahah...hmmm....Matt Lindland too?

It's either over the top flamboyant gay guy....or secret closet gay.

PS...anyone watch Strikeforce Challenger show with Lindland....they showed his family and his kids...OMG....his kid looked like he was going for the Johnny Weir look. So, Lindland probably isn't gay...maybe his kid isn't either...I just thought it looked funny. Kid looked totally out of place.

UFC-chef/Hughes-fan
05-26-2010, 04:12 AM

okay i'm done

NAH Sonnen is a republican he hates gay people!!!

Sniggles
05-26-2010, 04:39 AM
Just because someone's idea of style isn't Christian Audigier, Tapout and Ecko doesn't make them gay. Nice tight t-shirt, brah. May I assume you're also gay because you like tight colorful t-shirts and jeans?

TheKidInside
05-26-2010, 06:34 AM
NAH Sonnen is a republican he hates gay people!!!

I'm a Republican and I have gay friends :confusedsmilie:

UFC-chef/Hughes-fan
05-26-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm a Republican and I have gay friends :confusedsmilie:
It was a joke ;)

TheKidInside
05-26-2010, 07:08 AM
It was a joke ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F5blIU0mkJA/S03lC2GfYpI/AAAAAAAAAro/bGGpsx1rRZ8/S1600-R/o_rly.jpg

joeodd2
05-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Nick Ring is probably the funniest (no pun intended) guy in the TUF house. I'll take the mans word for it if he says that he's not gay, hell everyone's sexuality is an open question if you really want to think about it. The only person who really knows for sure would be the person in question.

Personally I think it may be a Canadian thing or just kind of a french Canadian thing because of the accent......I don't know, French men kiss each other on the cheek (lol no pun....dammit I gotta stop that), but it's more of a European thing I guess. I used to get weird vibes from listening to Anderson Silva talk, but then I just realized that he's more Micheal Jackson weird than Rupaul weird.

With many Gays you won't know it till they tell you. I've worked with and hung out with may who don't have any kind of an accent or exhibit any of the stereotypical behaviors you would associate with being gay. It's still a common misconception which many gay Men have done more to spread through their woman like behavior in public, on tv, at rallies, ect. The level of "homophobic" anxiety out there by straight males does have alot to do with the fact that many Gay Males (mainly) have defined their personalities by their sexuality. But I think in retrospect that's how most men in some shape or fashion define themselves anyway. We just horny as creatures plain and simple. But the main thing is that many Gay Men do not act like women, I actually knew a few who could not stand guys who did that. You might be surprised at the division amung Gay Males when it comes to "flamers" and more "straight" acting Gay men. That's a debate/conversation I would like to read more about, but that's neither her nor there.

I mean this opens a whole new can of worms when it comes to how certain fighters fight. I mean if a guy is always using LnP and his favorite position is the North/South, which for some reason he always has his head near his opponent's belly......I mean are we going to start looking at guys who ride other fighters back and make lasso motions? Not pointing anyone out (please don't kill me Brock).

Fear My Hammer Fist
05-27-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm pretty open-minded but this thread is perhaps one of the most useless and pointless I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

No disrespect to the OP, bloodbeard, but I just don't see the validity or point of this topic other than to open the door for misinformed labeling. I may as well start a thread about who's a democrat and who's a republican.... who cares and what does it matter? At the very least this should be noob jack or off topic but I'd LIKE to think most of us are beyond this sort of trivial nonsense.

mattc25
05-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty open-minded but this thread is perhaps one of the most useless and pointless I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

No disrespect to the OP, bloodbeard, but I just don't see the validity or point of this topic other than to open the door for misinformed labeling. I may as well start a thread about who's a democrat and who's a republican.... who cares and what does it matter? At the very least this should be noob jack or off topic but I'd LIKE to think most of us are beyond this sort of trivial nonsense....I said in my first post of this thread it should have been noob jacked. I agree the thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Cromm
05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Personally I could care less about a fighters sexual preference. Would I roll or spar with a homosexual.... sure why not I am not that pretty of a guy. The reality of it all joking aside is there are homosexual people of all shapes and sizes. Look at Roman Greco wrestling. I am not saying the sport is gay but the originators certainly where. Spartans had a wide spread belief that a man would put his life on the line for a lover quicker then he would for a friend. The reason I point this out is the stereotypes that seem to be predominant for the majority of the posters here. Gay is gay, but that shouldnt imply anything other then sexual preference.

Bloodbeard
05-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I would find it strange if there weren't any homosexual's in MMA. So I know that there must be quite a few based off common sense but I don't know any personally so I was curious if anyone did. I don't see what the harm in that is. If posting this thread exposes some homophobes I'm not going to cry about it and I don't care. A better question is why do all the homosexuals keep it so under raps? Probably fear of rubbing people the wrong way (pun intended). Discussing something like that is taboo?? I don't care if this is noobjacked but I don't think it deserves to be just because people don't understand what I wanted to really discuss. I look forward to the day when there is a gay holding a belt in the UFC. In no way am I a homophobe and if that is what anyone thinks, I'm sorry for ever posting this thread.

mattc25
05-27-2010, 08:36 PM
....the main problem I had with your first post is that you just assumed someone on TUF was gay { Nick Ring }. Who cares if he is or is not ? A thread like this just breeds trolls and morons imho.

Bloodbeard
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
....the main problem I had with your first post is that you just assumed someone on TUF was gay { Nick Ring }. Who cares if he is or is not ? A thread like this just breeds trolls and morons imho.

I didn't call out Nick Ring myself I just said in general I thought someone on TUF this season was gay. That was who I was talking about but the thread wasn't meant to be about him it's just that he doesn't act completely straight and it got me thinking about how many people who are into MMA would have a problem with it. I think a lot of people wouldn't be able to handle it and maybe I'm wrong but that is what I wanted this to be about. I definitely messed up the original post cause it didn't come out like I wanted at all. I know this now after reading everyone's feedback. "No offense but you're an idiot for posting this" basically. There is a special place in my heart for trolls and morons lol.

MetallicKnight3X
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
GSP isn't gay. Didnt they show on some of his old primetimes before he held the title of him chillin at clubs and drinking on somethin with a group of girls? He probably gets the most play in Canada haha. I honestly thought Nick Ring could be but I known people to talk like that but aren't gay. But it doesn't matter, a man is a man.. and just because he is of different orientation doesn't mean he can't beat you down, I've seen it happen.

Dan
07-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Whilst I don't think it means anything if a fighter is gay or not, it's always interesting to find out the backgrounds of different fighters, because MMA-fighter-community is varied and diverse, and different fighters got involved in the sport for different reasons.

To make this clear, I mean that it's no different to finding out Rich Franklin was a teacher or Butterbean (whilst i don't like to really include him under the MMA umbrella) owns a BBQ restaurant. It's just interesting to find out a little more about the fighters identity and life outside the ring/octagon/cage.

Anyone who uses this thread to make any homophobic/bigoted comments, should just leave.