PDA

View Full Version : Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar 1

BigBanda
12-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I was just watching a recap on Spike TV last night of TUF1 Finale. That Forrest vs Bonnar fight never gets boring. It was just an all out war which was pretty much a street fight. I didnt see much of any raw skill as far as mixed martial arts go. It was just trading blows basically. The rest of the card was alright but of course the main event wasnt much as we saw Ken slip and fall and Rich capitalize on it. I remember being pissed at that main event last year when it was on after all that hype.

duran
12-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Funny, I was flicking through the channels last night and stumbled on that too and watched it again. That was probably the 5th or 6th time i have seen it. I try to score it each time and I am glad I did not have to score it for real. Weird about MMA - even if I have seen those fights on Unleashed 3 or 4 times, I usually can't turn it off and just watch it again.

2mcgrath
12-11-2006, 01:57 AM
yeah that was a great fight

BKS
12-20-2006, 06:00 AM
To be honest. I had only heard of UFC faintly when I was younger. I had heard that there was some TV show about it and I thought it might be cool. Well, I come home from a friends party and what's on? Round 2 of Griffin-Bonnar. Can you say "Hooked?"

I've seen every UFC event since. I have also seen some Pride Fights, quite a bit of IFL, a pretty epic IFC event, and I just bought a 10 even KOTC DVD set.

So you could say that TUF hooked me into the MMA world.

magic marker
12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
in everyone's honest opinion, who should have won the fight. i get a lot of controversial responses saying that bonnar should have won that fight, but i see no problem with forrest taking it. personally, i could see it going either way.

da@LARGE
01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Although I haven't watched the fight as many times as some of you guys, I always figured it was a toss-up as Bonnar had more punches land, but Griffin caused more damage.

Sure he had the broken nose but he was landing bombs while Bonnar was content to keep jabbing.

I think it was the power behind his strikes that ultimately won him the decision.

blah
02-25-2007, 02:06 AM
did forrest actually get his nose broken? i mean for sure it was bloody but i never knew if bonnar broke it with that jab. i after winning the first and losing the second forrest got the third because of his aggression, whereas bonnar was content to counterpunch

Justin Bailey
03-23-2007, 07:38 AM
That is one of my favorite fights. Nothing better than an all out war for three rounds. It was the perfect ending to the first season of TUF.

blah
03-28-2007, 07:09 AM
that fight happened at a perfect time indeed - the finale and the first UFC MMA bout on cable TV (i think?). what a way to open up a journey

ArMnHC
04-13-2007, 04:49 AM
this fight will go down in history as the one fight that brought an entire new wave of exposure and fans to not just the UFC, but MMA in general. when people think back to TUF 1, they dont ever think Florian vs. Sanchez or even Franklin vs. Shamrock...they think Forrest/Stephan 1!

i remember being there live...watching that fight was an experience like no other. you could see the heart and passion come out of those guys for that fight, and the place was electric. you couldnt help but give those guys a standing O!