PDA

View Full Version : TUF Finale Predictions

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Well guys, there's a million fights on the TUF Finale, let's have a little contest... Predict all the fights, Winner, Round, Method of Victory...

Here's the scoring system:
1 point for picking the winner correctly
1 point for picking the round
1 point for picking the method (don't have to be technical with it, a simple "submission" or "GNP" is fine, no need to say "kimura" or "triangle")

Sam Stout Vs. Kenny Florian
Michael Bisping Vs. Josh Haynes
Kendall Grove Vs. Ed Herman
Keith Jardine Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Ross Pointon Vs. Rory Singer
Danny Abbadi Vs. Kalib Starnes
Luigi Fioravanti Vs. Solomon Hutcherson
Jesse Forbes Vs. Matt Hamill
Wes Combs Vs. Mike Nickels

FidgitUK
06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Well Ill go for the easiest first.

Bisping
Round 1
Knockout

May be over confident in his abilities here and I'm not doubting Josh's immense heart. But a substantial skill differnce here.

Ok the tougher one and I feel I could be well off..

Kendal
Round 2
Submision

Theory is Kendall going to fend of Ed's take downs first round and do a bit of damage in the clinch and standing up.. Ed might get the take down 2nd but worn down a bit and Kendal catches him, like I said though could be and probably am wayyyy of.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Well Ill go for the easiest first.

Bisping
Round 1
Knockout

May be over confident in his abilities here and I'm not doubting Josh's immense heart. But a substantial skill differnce here.

Ok the tougher one and I feel I could be well off..

Kendal
Round 2
Submision

Theory is Kendall going to fend of Ed's take downs first round and do a bit of damage in the clinch and standing up.. Ed might get the take down 2nd but worn down a bit and Kendal catches him, like I said though could be and probably am wayyyy of.

Don't be shy, pick the whole card my man

FidgitUK
06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmm ok Stout and Florian could go either way really. Just depending on whether Stout keeps it on his feet or not..

But if i had to pick and really grabbing at thin air here.

Stout
2nd
KO

Jardine and Gouviea, another tough one especially as I know rather little about either fighter.. I think Gouvieas BJJ will come out on top here though.

Gouviea
3rd
Submission

Think Jardine will give some decent strikes and do some damage but unless he gets the knock out as the fight draws on Gouviea will spot an opening.

Now the not to be broadcast fights, well I'm actually looking forward to them

Ross Pointon v Rory

I love Ross he just sums up some of my fellow countrymen who are saturday night louts. Gotta love the heart and attitude but If Rory has sorted his head out a bit more I think he will take this.

Rory
Decision

That acutally pains me to say as I really dont like the guy. Personally though im hoping Ross catches him with one and drops him in the first but I dont see it happening.

Danny v Kaleb

kaleb
1st
Submission

Danny something about Danny that just doesnt seem right ot me, doesnt seem nearly well rounded enough to stand much of a chance. Lets just hope he doesnt give Kaleb a rib tickler :P Plus to be fair I have no idea on what hes been training since.

Jesse and Hammil

Well I know hammil is still training with Tito and Team Punishment so I can only imagine he could of gotten better. I just hope he doesnt want to keep it on his feet again :d

Hammil
Round 2
GNP

Now Solomons and Nikels fight, well I missed Luigis fight and never heard of Wes... So really cant say.

Hmm now lets see if i can set a record for the worst predictions. It literally is my first time trying to predict a full MMA card and realise my picks are probably way of and it all could change in a heart-beat.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow.... I never thought I'd see the day an Englishman picked against his fellow countryman...for shame!

Next are you gonna say you're glad Michael Owen got hurt today?

FidgitUK
06-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow.... I never thought I'd see the day an Englishman picked against his fellow countryman...for shame!

Next are you gonna say you're glad Michael Owen got hurt today?

Oh belive me it goes against all my true desires and hopes but.. Well..... Ross is great...but hes just not great if you catch my drift.

And well Owen... well gonna get pounced on by any other Brits here but,

I couldnt care less.....

Now to quickly defend myself before the barrage of rubbish is thrown my way...

I spent the majority of my child-hood, early teenage years growing up in the states so football (soccer) wasnt force fed to me.. While my current peers were having a kick about in the park, I was a strong safety and wrestling @ 135 in high school.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh belive me it goes against all my true desires and hopes but.. Well..... Ross is great...but hes just not great if you catch my drift.

And well Owen... well gonna get pounced on by any other Brits here but,

I couldnt care less.....

Now to quickly defend myself before the barrage of rubbish is thrown my way...

I spent the majority of my child-hood, early teenage years growing up in the states so football (soccer) wasnt force fed to me.. While my current peers were having a kick about in the park, I was a strong safety and wrestling @ 135 in high school.

I catch your drift about Ross, but I think Rory sucks. I think his fragile mental state will run amok when he thinks about having to fight a crazy brit who could care less if he gets nailed in the face as long as he can throw an overhand right...

And I won't throw any "rubbish" at you, haha. I'm an (American) football player and not even English so the Owen injury didn't affect me in the least either.

FidgitUK
06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Believe me I hate Rory and I understand exactly what your saying. Hope it goes that way, hope Ross just goes in then and does what he says he wants to do in any situation 'smash his fucking face in'. Rory just cracks under the pressure and agression then all but quits again.

Man think im talking myself out of it.. Damn oh well ill stick by my pick and suffer the consequences.

COME ON ROSS! ( I well wanna go for a pint one night with this guy :P)

Oh and the rubbish and stuff being thrown is from fear of any other my countrymen here :P

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 10:49 PM
And here we go with my predictions, so I can promptly come in last in a contest I made up....

-A lot of people might reference the Kit Cope match here where Florian manhandled Cope on the ground.... That's a mistake Stout is head and shoulders above Kit.

Stout by KO Round 3

Bisping vs. Fat Kid
Probably the one fight everyone will pick the same

Bisping KO Round 1

Kendall vs. Herman
Tough one to call, could really go either way
- Kendall Submission Round 2

-Gouveia KO Round 1

- Rory is a headcase, Ross is a lunatic... Crazy beats lack of confidence
- YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?!?! Ross KO Round 1

- If Danny is an Ultimate Fighter, we're all Ultimate Fighters
-Kalib sub Round 1

-Luigi took this fight on very short notice from what I've read
DAGGER!!!
Solomon via Decision

-Should be an awesome fight
-Hamill is too tough, but I've always been a Jessie guy so it's tough....
Fuck I hate the fact I'm picking this
Hamill GnP Round 2

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=442
-Sounds like the guy is gonna force the action...Nickels kinda punches like a girl

Combs KO Round 1

Kimuras"R"Us
06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
COME ON ROSS! ( I well wanna go for a pint one night with this guy :P)

That's actually the first thing I thought when I saw him, that I'd love to go get a pint or twenty with him.

mattsoper
06-21-2006, 05:10 AM
-I love sam stout so i am goign to be basis here...
kid canada wins by desicion

-I'd love to see a slug fest...but it just won't happen...heres deigo VS florian all over again
Bisping KO rd 1

-I just don't like Ed and I don't think that he can beat Kendall
Kendall KO RD3

-Personally I think they really want Keith to win after what happened with bonar so my thought is that this is supposed to be an easy fight...I don't know much about this wilson guy so....
Jardine RD1 KO

-Rory is gay...you know what I mean
Ross smashes rory in the face RD1

-I was pissed to see Kalib lose
Kalib Sub RD1

-Hmmmm...i think this could go either way...I'm going to guess and say solomon gets gassed
Luigi RD2GnP

-Again I think that the UFC really wants Matt to win this one...but I liek jesse and if he loses this one I just don't see him returning
Matt RD1 Sub

-Combs will end Nickels...way to lazy
Combs RD1 KO

I am personally really stoked for Stout and Florian...i hope the card doesn't disapoint

Masscore
06-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Slout by KO in the 1st

Bisping by Uniamous decision

Grove by Split decision

Jardine by TKO 2nd Rd.

Ross by KO 1st Rd.

Starnes by Submission 1st Rd.

Hutcherson by Uniamouis Dec.

Hamill by TKO 2nd Rd.

Nickels by Submission 1 Rd.

UnToUchabLe
06-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Stout, TKO Rd.2

Bisping, KO Rd.1

Grove Split decision

Gouveia Unan. Decision

Ross KO Rd. 2

Starnes Sub Rd.1

Hutcherson TKO Rd.2

Hamill Unan. Decision

Combs KO Rd1.

Matt Boone
06-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Stout via TKO

Bisping via TKO

Herman via Decision

Jardine via TKO

Singer via Decision

Starnes via Submission

Fioravanti via Decision

Hamill via TKO

Combs via TKO

killerinstinct
06-24-2006, 08:31 AM
kenflo by submission rnd 2(figured i'd out go out on limb i really like kenflo and i think he's better on the ground)or kenflo winner by cut in rnd 2(his elbows are sharp as fuck)

Bisping winner by descion in a slugfest or haynes winner by guillotine in round 2(haynes has won a lot fights with the guillotine plus he has a lot of heart and works with a good team so i think he has more of chance than people give him ,but i'm betting on bisping by descion.It's going to be a good fight though.

herman Winner by gnp(this is a pick em' fight)very intriguing match up.

Jardine winner by KO in round2(don't know much about the other guy ,but he's probably just thrown in there to make Jardine look good.)

Rory winner by rnc in round 1 (that's only if he shows up to fight though)

kalib winner by submission (easiest fight to pick so far)

Hutcherson winner by descion (i don't like him ,but solomon has some decent wrestling from what he saw.that opening slam in his fight on the show was pretty impressive.If Leben was able to take Luigi down time and time again why can't solomon?)

Hamill by descion(wasn't overly impressed with his abilities on the show way over hyped ,but i still think he can beat jesse)

nickels by submission rnd1(never heard of combs.Wasn't overly impressed with nickels on the show ,but now that he has a real trainer i think he'll be able to pull off a sub.)

Alvin
06-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Why's Noah not fighting!?!?!?!?!?!?

killerinstinct
06-24-2006, 07:25 PM
throw him in there against Thacker and you could possibly have the greatest fight ever.

Matt Boone
06-24-2006, 08:40 PM

LOL, take a guess.

Afro
06-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Sam Stout Vs. Kenny Florian - Sam Stout
Michael Bisping Vs. Josh Haynes - Michael Bisping
Kendall Grove Vs. Ed Herman - Ed Herman
Keith Jardine Vs. Wilson Gouveia - Keith Jardine
Ross Pointon Vs. Rory Singer - Ross Pointon
Danny Abbadi Vs. Kalib Starnes - Kalib Starnes
Luigi Fioravanti Vs. Solomon Hutcherson - Solomon Hutcherson
Jesse Forbes Vs. Matt Hamill - Matt Hamill
Wes Combs Vs. Mike Nickels - Wes Combs

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 03:07 AM
i should get extra points for being the only guy to choose Kenflo.He had a much better chance than people gave him he was much better than Stout on the ground.