PDA

View Full Version : Woah... add attack!

Hypergit
12-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I'd prefer less pop-ups. Anyone feel the same?

Legend
12-05-2006, 09:50 PM
I do.

BigBanda
12-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I dont know what you use on ur computer as far as security but I never recieve pop up adds. Just install a pop-up blocker. If you see an add actually on the page like at the top or bottom then it is how the site makes a small profit by allowing advertising or trading links.

killerinstinct
12-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I have a google toolbar which has a pop up blocker and it keeps making the pop up blocking noise which is annoying ,please fix this.

Legend
12-06-2006, 12:19 AM
I have a good pop up blocker on my computer a home. But at work it gets annoying closing three pop ups every time I open a thread. And Killer just turn the sound off on your google toolbar.

killerinstinct
12-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I have a good pop up blocker on my computer a home. But at work it gets annoying closing three pop ups in every time I open a thread. And Killer just turn the sound off on your google toolbar.
that'll take forever though.:sadsmile1: :sadsmile1: :sadsmile1:

Why can't they just get rid of pop ups instead?:confusedsmilie:

Legend
12-06-2006, 12:27 AM
that'll take forever though.:sadsmile1: :sadsmile1: :sadsmile1:

Why can't they just get rid of pop ups instead?:confusedsmilie:

Don't be a whiney little douche Killer lol. The pop ups are a way for Boone and Cruz to get paid. So even though I hate them I know they help support the site.

killerinstinct
12-06-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry I guess I was being a bit of a douche.:sadsmile1:

Legend
12-06-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm sorry I guess I was being a bit of a douche.:sadsmile1:

Yes. Yes you were.

Hypergit
12-06-2006, 07:33 AM
The pop ups are a way for Boone and Cruz to get paid. So even though I hate them I know they help support the site.

I'm not bothered about all the standard adds, but specifically the pop-ups. Since they're all for bullshit products that nobody here will be interested in, it is safe to assume that every click will be an annoying accident. Reminds me of some other sites' tactics and I don't agree with it.

Pop up blockers are all well and good, but they frequently block useful things and they drain computer resources. Plus there's no point in throwing pop-ups about the place and saying just block them.

AudieMurphy1
12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
i agree, the pops suck, glad to see the sight pull in some money however

Luis Cruz
12-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Don't be a whiney little douche Killer lol. The pop ups are a way for Boone and Cruz to get paid. So even though I hate them I know they help support the site.

Wooooo. Don't put my name in this. I don't profit from that. I'd like to know why there's popups also, i HATE them. :angrrry:

BigBanda
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Wooooo. Don't put my name in this. I don't profit from that. I'd like to know why there's popups also, i HATE them. :angrrry:
Lol well who owns the domain? Is it Boone? Cause I'd say he's the source of pop-ups. Like was said before... thats how sites that are free like myspace and shit like that make their money. I never recieve any pop-ups though. The new internet explorer has a good pop-up blocker and also Mozilla Firefox blocks them as well. Other than that get yahoo or google toolbar.

AudieMurphy1
12-06-2006, 12:40 PM
i do like the add for singlesnet though:grinsmile26:

the fart button is pretty funny too

killerinstinct
12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BooneDock why aren't you sharing the wealth with this man?

Legend
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM

Sorry. Since your such a big part of MMANews, I just assumed you were sharing in the wealth.

Luis Cruz
12-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Nope, my dough comes from my real job and i work a hell of a lot harder on this shit than i do at my real job where i don't really do anything at all.....EVER.

Oh and anyone else getting that stupid freakin windows installer when they click that "Mark forums read" option at the bottom of the page???

EDIT: Well now it's all the time!

Boo
12-09-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I was getting the Windows installer. Try being stuck with a dial up connection. I ended up leaving in a hurry cause it got so frustrating. Slows everything down to a crawl.

Before someone tells me to quit being so cheap, I live out in the woods and nothing else is available. The satellite guy promises me that sat internet will soon be available......I don't care how much it costs.

Hey Luis, I just noticed you have exactly 1,000 posts as of this writing.

Clint
12-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I was getting the Windows installer. Try being stuck with a dial up connection. I ended up leaving in a hurry cause it got so frustrating. Slows everything down to a crawl.

Before someone tells me to quit being so cheap, I live out in the woods and nothing else is available. The satellite guy promises me that sat internet will soon be available......I don't care how much it costs.

Hey Luis, I just noticed you have exactly 1,000 posts as of this writing.

That sucks dude. It wasn''t long ago that we got Cable/DSL in some parts up here. I think Dish Network offers Satallite internet because I was considering it at one point.

Luis Cruz
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM
I didn't even realize i had 1,000, yay me!

I know Directv has satellite internet but i don't know anyone who has it and it's too expensive to play guinea pig with.

Boo
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
That sucks dude. It wasn''t long ago that we got Cable/DSL in some parts up here. I think Dish Network offers Satellite internet because I was considering it at one point.
Yeah, Dish Network is who I'm going to go through. I have it for my TV programming and adding sat INTERNET will make it a package deal that will cost less. It's still expensive, but a lot cheaper than going through someone else.

Of course it got offered on each coast of the U.S. first and must have been more popular than they expected. They have to add some more capabilities that are way over my head before they can offer it in the Midwest.

My sat guy told me it was going to be another month the last time I bugged him about it. That was just about a month ago. I'm going call him again on Monday. This is getting really painful.

Other than that, living in the woods rocks. :music1:

Legend
12-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Nope, my dough comes from my real job and i work a hell of a lot harder on this shit than i do at my real job where i don't really do anything at all.....EVER.

Oh and anyone else getting that stupid freakin windows installer when they click that "Mark forums read" option at the bottom of the page???

EDIT: Well now it's all the time!

OK without getting into your personal shit too much do you make any money for all the shit you do? I mean you go to fights out in Vegas and you run the CFZ radio show plus you help keep these forums up. I would hope your making some kind of bread for all of that.

AudieMurphy1
12-12-2006, 02:02 PM
ok, the pop ups are starting to crash my browser on occasion, this is unacceptible, and if it continues i doubt i'll be spending much time here in the future

AudieMurphy1
12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
just happened again, sucks cuz i like this place, but i cant justify returning to a site thats going to crash my browser

Clint
12-12-2006, 04:02 PM
What browser are you using? We'll have to take the ad issue p with however is in chage of that (Boone I assume but I'm not sure). I assume Cruz already has but I'll check and make sure.

Boo
12-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks Clint. Dare I hope something has changed? The site loaded in less than a minute tonight. w00t

AudieMurphy1
12-13-2006, 09:04 AM
What browser are you using? We'll have to take the ad issue p with however is in chage of that (Boone I assume but I'm not sure). I assume Cruz already has but I'll check and make sure.

microsoft internet explorer, thanks for looking into clint, i really like this place, it just sucks having my browser crash every five minutes

Clint
12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
microsoft internet explorer, thanks for looking into clint, i really like this place, it just sucks having my browser crash every five minutes

If you can try and get mozilla firefox. It crashes muchy less ofterm, blocks popups, and jut works better all around. If your at work or something though, you might not be able to install anything.

Clint
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey Cruz has let they guy in charge (he own's the actual website) that the popups need to be fixed, especially the ones that cause problems. Now we just have to wait and see what happens from here.

Matt Boone
12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm working on it, talking with the boss man. I have google blocker and I don't see shit. Seems people are bitching just because they have a reason to. If it's as bad as you say though, my boss promised to handle it - Cruz knows the specifics and agreed to them. I'm on it, just hang in there and give me some time.

Legend
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm working on it, talking with the boss man. I have google blocker and I don't see shit. Seems people are bitching just because they have a reason to. If it's as bad as you say though, my boss promised to handle it - Cruz knows the specifics and agreed to them. I'm on it, just hang in there and give me some time.

Glad to hear it. Now I can not speak for everyone but I am not just bitching bc I have a reason too. I also have a google toolbar and my IE crashes when 5 pop ups try to come through at once. Gets very aggravating. But thanks for taking notice and working on the problem.

Luis Cruz
12-13-2006, 10:33 PM
popups should be gone tomorrow sometime.

fe4tw
12-13-2006, 10:51 PM
There are pop ups on this forum?

You people need to use Mozilla Firefox...

EDIT: Wow, I just check this forum out on IE, it is HORRIBLE! I say we leave them for fun.

killerinstinct
12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
There are pop ups on this forum?

You people need to use Mozilla Firefox...

EDIT: Wow, I just check this forum out on IE, it is HORRIBLE! I say we leave them for fun.
hey fuck you idiot.

Just kidding.:grinsmile1:

Matt Boone
12-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Pop ups should be gone. Let me know if they aren't.

Legend
12-14-2006, 03:40 AM
Pop ups should be gone. Let me know if they aren't.

Very kick ass.

AudieMurphy1
12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
thanks a million guys, you guys rock! no more pops up no more crashes....now back to being a post whore:ahh:

killerinstinct
12-14-2006, 04:16 PM
thanks a million guys, you guys rock! no more pops up no more crashes....now back to being a post whore:ahh:
Now if we could only get you to bring back ,your Robert Deniro avatar.:devil:

AudieMurphy1
12-14-2006, 04:21 PM

i'm waiting for the oppurtune moment:afro:

Warchief
12-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Now it run smoother again...alright.

Boo
12-15-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll second that. Best avatar eva!

Thank you Boone. That was really frustrating.

killerinstinct
12-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I'll second that. Best avatar eva!

Thank you Boone. That was really frustrating.
You talkin' to me?
Are you talkin' to me?
You must be talkin' to me ,I'm the only one here.

AudieMurphy1
12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
back by popular demand:devil:

killerinstinct
12-18-2006, 04:35 PM
back by popular demand:devil:
:devil:

Hypergit
12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for losing the popups - much better. Boone, I for one wasn't bitching just for the sake of it - it was genuinely annoying me and slowing down my computer.

Anyways... I now have a new grievance: :)

The text links are much better than the popups, but is there any chance you can change the colour to something brighter than dark blue? The problem is I have to lean forward until my nose is just about touching the screen to read the words (petty as that sounds, it does get old very quickly). I'm sure others must have the same problem because my eyes aren't all that bad.

git.

Hypergit
12-21-2006, 10:50 AM
lol I can't believe 'text links' linked - that's priceless :lmfao:

Matt Boone
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, an easier way is just highlight the blue word. Seems my boss is intent on squeezing some kinda new ads on here. I asked him if he could change the color, still awaiting his response. Will let you know.