PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

notBJpenn
05-28-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm back after my one month ban, and man is it nice. Bummed I missed out on some "pick em'" challenges but oh well.

I was banned after posting a comment poking fun at the Tito/Jenna incident. I like many people when interacting with a rapidly developing thread read a couple pages then skimmed the rest and shared my thoughts. I missed Ramma's post about making jokes resulting in a ban. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rules, so I totally understand what happened and why. What I now propose is way to help preventing this from happening in the future.

If quickly developing thread is turning heated, and a mod/admin states that certain comments will result in a ban, why not change the color of the thread on the boards? Instead of the traditional orange-ish yellow change it red. That way all will be aware to pay close attention to what they post.

Just a thought. Either way glad to be back!

joeyP
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
i highly missed your shit. glad to have you back

Trojan Fight Club
05-28-2010, 10:22 AM
welcome back friend

KevoOnTheRadio
05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
HAHAHAHA if I had known your were grounded, I would have put a FREE notBJPENN NOW!!! sign in my sig. Good to see you dude, and you can get right back into the pick 'ems pretty quick

rivethead
05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
If quickly developing thread is turning heated, and a mod/admin states that certain comments will result in a ban, why not change the color of the thread on the boards? Instead of the traditional orange-ish yellow change it red. That way all will be aware to pay close attention to what they post.

Just a thought. Either way glad to be back!

That would require a written explanation as to why the color was changed and what it signified, which--for a poster who is not going to bother even reading the actual thread--would probably be just as overlooked as any explicit warnings.

For the record, we didn't change policy for that thread. MMAnews has a long standing emphasis on the fact that discrimination has no place here, regardless of whether it is racist, sexist, homophobic or religious-bias in nature.

Regardless, welcome back, and best of luck.

rh

TheKidInside
05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I pick-em notBJ gets banned within 30 days :P

Leucoethiops
05-28-2010, 06:28 PM

Shouldn't need mods to babysit. Just use some common sense and decent judgment before you click the 'Submit Reply' button.

notBJpenn
05-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I pick-em notBJ gets banned within 30 days :P

Ha ha I hope not.

MMAV
05-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Good to have you back notBJpenn i just assumed you left or died or something i didnt know you got banned. Well ya welcome back man

TheKidInside
05-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I wonder if i'd be missed if i was banned. even 30 days would seem like an eternity...RH do NOT ban me for shits and giggles lol

notBJpenn
05-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I wonder if i'd be missed if i was banned. even 30 days would seem like an eternity...RH do NOT ban me for shits and giggles lol

Ha ha trust me man 30 day's feels like a long time.

joeyP
05-30-2010, 08:25 AM
rivetheadsucks

rivethead
05-30-2010, 03:55 PM
he does. That guy is a douche. He should be the one banned for 30 days, just for being a dick.

rh

SimpleJack
05-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I happen to like Riverhead.

notBJpenn
05-30-2010, 07:44 PM
I like everybody, terminate the hate and spread the positive!