PDA

View Full Version : Who from the old school UFC should be a HOF??

TheKidInside
05-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Was watching, Inside MMA, prior to DREAM 14 starting. and someone sent in a question to Bas Rutten asking him "who from the old school UFC (pre-Zuffa) whould be in the Hall of Fame?" Now naturally El Guapo said himself jokingly...but I honestly think he if ANYONE should also be included!!!

Thoughts and your own picks? (if possible give a good reason as to why, I think the winning entry will get a mention on KnoqOut MMA Radio :) )

The Sword
05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Was watching, Inside MMA, prior to DREAM 14 starting. and someone sent in a question to Bas Rutten asking him "who from the old school UFC (pre-Zuffa) whould be in the Hall of Fame?" Now naturally El Guapo said himself jokingly...but I honestly think he if ANYONE should also be included!!!

Thoughts and your own picks? (if possible give a good reason as to why, I think the winning entry will get a mention on KnoqOut MMA Radio :) )

Bas Rutten hands down man. I know he did not have many fights in the UFC but he won the UFC belt, worked with pride org., and helps train alot of fighters. now what dose that have to do with the UFC not very much, but he as done a lot for the sport. I mean just look at MASK, so I dont think the UFC hall of fame is about fights you have in the UFC or anything like that, it also about helping to to grow the sport which is what MASK did(RIP MASK).So in that scence with what Bas did in the UFC and helping the sport grow I would like to see him in the hall of fame and maybe 1 last fight to say good bye to the fans if possiable.

MMA, Esq.
05-29-2010, 05:37 PM
DEFINITELY Bas, but also Pat Miletich (won a UFC tournament and first WW champ), Frank Shamrock (completely dominate champion for almost 3 years), Don Frye (won 2 UFC tournaments).

The Sword
05-29-2010, 06:00 PM
DEFINITELY Bas, but also Pat Miletich (won a UFC tournament and first WW champ), Frank Shamrock (completely dominate champion for almost 3 years), Don Frye (won 2 UFC tournaments).

Don Frye was my 2nd choice next to Bas

kalebarker
05-29-2010, 08:18 PM
My first choice would definitely be Militech. He won 4 or 5 title fight and a tournament. Either him or fighters training under him have fought in probably 20 UFC title.

KevoOnTheRadio
05-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Evan Tanner.

Tyreas
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Keith Hackney

His ball punching fight was brutal to watch.

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/343mdjn.jpg

TheKidInside
05-31-2010, 06:50 AM
I like Pat but I love Bas :P

beau420
05-31-2010, 10:31 PM
In another few years, I think Tim Sylvia, and Arlovski should be in there for their accomplishments. Miletich for sure.

Vitor Belfort for being UFC 12 Heavyweight Tournament Champion & former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion.

Hendo would be in the HOF if he had of retired...Former Pride FC Middleweight Champion, Former Pride FC Welterweight Champion, & UFC 17 Middleweight Tournament Winner....but who knows now.

BJ Penn, for being BJ. And GSP. Anderson.

I don't think they should let people get in the HOF until they stop fighting for more than 1 year straight....but they don't care.

Fighters who are in the HOF and still fight - Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Randy Couture, Lidell, Hughes, even Coleman....that's fucked. Only Royce Gracie and Mask don't currently fight.

TheKidInside
05-31-2010, 11:32 PM
great posts guys this is why I love MMANews.com keep em coming we're going to pick the best posts and announce it on tomorrows edition of KnoqOut MMA Radio!

Fedorlei Gomipierre
06-01-2010, 01:02 AM
#1 should probably be Frank Shamrock for how utterly invincible he was during his MW run.

Maurice Smith
Don Frye
Bas Rutten
Marcos Ruas

QOTSA420
06-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Oleg Taktarov

Militech

Frank Shamrock

Bas

Jens Pulver

TBEAR
06-01-2010, 09:07 AM
TANK.......lol.

Jens "lil eagle..i mean lil evil" Pulver.....built the 155 division

Then Frank Shamrock

The Pat

Also should be there is Evan Tanner (good call Kevo) and RIP Evan

The Sword
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
TANK.......lol.

Jens "lil eagle..i mean lil evil" Pulver.....built the 155 division

Then Frank Shamrock

The Pat

Also should be there is Evan Tanner (good call Kevo) and RIP Evan

shit. I cant Believe me of all people forgot about Pulver.

pdx_boxer503
06-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Don Frye and Jens pulver

TheKidInside
06-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Congrats KaleBarker! You were the first one to point out Pat Miletich and both Kevo and I agree that he deserves it the most! He trained many champs and prominent fighters along with several contenders, in Josh Neer, Spencer Fisher, Robbie Lawler and many more! check out Episode 25 where I cover it in greater detail :)

KnoqOut MMA Radio Ep 25: UFC 114, DREAM 14 and News Recap plus KnoqOut Challenge 1 Results! (http://knoqout.com/?p=363)

fuzzrocks5285
06-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Frank Shamrock
Bas Rutten

deadstealth
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Don Frye, Tank Abbott

JohnRam87
06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
My first post reply ever. Hello one and all on this awesome site/board.

Since Zuffa decided to cut him off, they might as well show their appreciation by inducting Jens Pulver. The first ever UFC Bantamweight-turned Lightweight Champion has given everything he has had all his career to the fans through his fights and I say it's about time his name gets up there among the UFC elite and by doing so he would also be the first Lightweight fighter to do so.

Also, Bas Rutten for his previously mentioned accomplishments and contributions and, since the UFC wants to grow and reach out to all ages, they will definetly win over some kids. That's right, kids even know who he is since he has appeared on numerous commericals on Cartoon Network for exercise and eating right.

MMAV
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Well first it should be the obvious guys.. GSP, Silva, BJ and also Bas maybe The Croatian Sensation. Then maybe Ortiz and Big Nog and of course DON FRYE!!

TheKidInside
06-07-2010, 05:08 AM
all great entries guys! this is why i love this forum and Kevo and I both appreciate it! Go make an entry in the new challenge :)