PDA

View Full Version : KnoqOut MMA Radio Challenge number TWO (2)

TheKidInside
06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I think the HOF thread was great and I am thinking of another one for the show!

let's see...somethings been on my mind lately and that is the LW division...

We got BJ and Frankie rematching, then we got Gray and Ken Flo for number 1 contender....Seeing how BJ has been so dominant lately and I don't see Frankie winning the rematch (in fact I didn't see how the heck he won the first fight) and I don't see Ken Flo doing better....

So, if George Sotomamapaparapolous beats Kurt Pelegrino decisively or vice versa, does that bring either one guy to a fight for number one contender?

meaning, if George wins, he gets one more fight and if he's victorious he gets a shot. the same for Kurt...

why or why not?

best answer/argument in our opinion will get a shout out on the show (along with whatever website or product that user is involved with :) )

The Sword
06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I think the HOF thread was great and I am thinking of another one for the show!

let's see...somethings been on my mind lately and that is the LW division...

We got BJ and Frankie rematching, then we got Gray and Ken Flo for number 1 contender....Seeing how BJ has been so dominant lately and I don't see Frankie winning the rematch (in fact I didn't see how the heck he won the first fight) and I don't see Ken Flo doing better....

So, if George Sotomamapaparapolous beats Kurt Pelegrino decisively or vice versa, does that bring either one guy to a fight for number one contender?

meaning, if George wins, he gets one more fight and if he's victorious he gets a shot. the same for Kurt...

why or why not?

best answer/argument in our opinion will get a shout out on the show (along with whatever website or product that user is involved with :) )

If George beats Batman I would like to see the loser of the Gray-kenny fight. If Batman beats George I think he should also get whoever loses The Gray-kenny fight. If batman or George beat the loser of gray-kenny fight, their next fight should be for the belt.

joeyP
06-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I think the sword pretty much said it all. or at least all of what I was going to say

notBJpenn
06-04-2010, 03:32 AM
George longname aint quite there yet, he should either face the loser of KenFlo/Bully, or give him Edgar after BJ takes him. If he can stand in their with Edgars striking we know we will have a good fight if George and BJ go at it, cause it will be exciting now matter where the fight takes place.

RonPaulForPeace
06-04-2010, 05:34 AM
the way gs man handled joe daddy, theres no doubt in my mind e could be fighting for a number 1 contender fight but i just dont see beating batman as the way to go, i feel that if he beats batman he should fight the looser of bj edgar 2 or even loozer of bully and kenflo. he needs to step up and fight a top 5 , what about sherk where he been at? or maybe tyson griffin if he beats batman any thoughts fellas??

kalebarker
06-04-2010, 06:59 AM
After the Joe Daddy he is definitely right behind the winner of Maynard/Florian. How the LW title fights are going to play out over the next year or two is going to be different. If Penn wins, I think it will take atleast one more fight for Florian to get a shot. The last fight was too one sided. In the scenario that both Penn and Florian I think they give Penn a fight at 170. If Penn and Maynard win they will set up that match. I also see them building up George as long as Penn is champ. A fight with Griffin would be perfect if they both win their next fights.

If Edgar wins again, everything changes. They can fast track fighters to the title because Frankie won't have that perceived aura of invincibilty Penn does and fights will look more competetive and interesting. Florain would get a shot with a win. They could also set up the Griffin/Sotiropoulis (assuming the both win) and hype that fight up as #1 contenders match.

TheKidInside
06-05-2010, 08:38 AM
news flash: Guillard wants Lil Heathen...if he beats Jeremy Stephens he will have won 6 out of last 7, loss only coming to Nate Diaz who is now a WW fighter...will that put him any closer? perhaps winner of George and Kurt?

lwbrewer
06-07-2010, 08:07 AM
If BJ wins IMO that knocks kenny out of contention, and G S could step right up. If Frankie wins again the the winner of Kenny and Maynard next. G S against Guillard would be a good test since he went with Jacksons camp. I can see G S as a back up contender if some one got hurt.

TheKidInside
06-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I think with a win over Kurt it puts GS VERY CLOSE to a shot, maybe if Guillard could beat Lil Heathen (which I think he could because he has looked VERY good with Jackson's camp) they could fight it out for number one contender whether or not Ken Flo or BJ win. I still think Ken Flo is the closest one there.

lwbrewer
06-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I think with a win over Kurt it puts GS VERY CLOSE to a shot, maybe if Guillard could beat Lil Heathen (which I think he could because he has looked VERY good with Jackson's camp) they could fight it out for number one contender whether or not Ken Flo or BJ win. I still think Ken Flo is the closest one there. How much interest would their be for Kenny and BJ II. Not much in my opinion

TheKidInside
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
How much interest would their be for Kenny and BJ II. Not much in my opinion

oh man, you underestimate the UFC hype machine methinks! Though, if Edgar and Florian win, I think he gets the title shot right away...and beats Edgar. I don't know why but after Guida (who is a powerhouse wrestler) I don't see Gray bringing ANYTHING to the table against Ken Flo, and his striking look very n00blar against Nate

lwbrewer
06-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree the UFC will hype the heck out of it and get the causal fan excited, Kenny is popular so it's a little easier. A fresh fight over a rematch gives me more interest. you kid?

TheKidInside
06-07-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree the UFC will hype the heck out of it and get the causal fan excited, Kenny is popular so it's a little easier. A fresh fight over a rematch gives me more interest. you kid?

I agree wholeheartedly. As much as I am a fan of Ken Flo I kinda wish George gets the next crack...I am a sucker for exciting grapplers :D

TBEAR
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. As much as I am a fan of Ken Flo I kinda wish George gets the next crack...I am a sucker for exciting grapplers :D

Here is the problem with the UFC LW division By skill set
YOU have BJ here
{
{
{
{
Way down here is Kenflo, Gray, Frankie, GS

I am not a BJ nuthugger but he is on a different level.

With that said, They can all beat BJ 2 out 10 times.

I would love to see GS get a shot, on the ground I think he will do fine, but BJ out boxes him all day.

lwbrewer
06-07-2010, 11:46 AM
YOU have BJ here
{
{
{
{

I would love to see GS get a shot, on the ground I think he will do fine, but BJ out boxes him all day.Yes and the next two div have the same problems just diffrent names:dry:

kalebarker
06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I think if both Kenny and BJ win they'll give BJ a fight at WW. Their first fight was too dominant to sell a rematch this early.

TheKidInside
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
I think if both Kenny and BJ win they'll give BJ a fight at WW. Their first fight was too dominant to sell a rematch this early.

oh man you're good at this ;)

I think so also, Ken Flo, even though I like him and still think he has a chance, would probably not get a shot right away. I think if BJ moves up...how about Matt Hughes?

notBJpenn
06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
YOU have BJ here
{
{
{
{

I would love to see GS get a shot, on the ground I think he will do fine, but BJ out boxes him all day.

Reduce that ratio son! Thats 1 out of 5!

Kenny is the one person who has a chance against BJ, he is very well rounded, and can defiantly hold his own. He came in with a shit for brains game plan last time. He didn't play to his strengths or to BJ's weakness, and he still made it to round 4. If BJ was at 170, Kenny would be the champ we are trying to find opponents for.

Penn
[
[
Kenflo
[
[
The rest.

The Return Of......
06-08-2010, 03:12 AM
if gs wins and kenny wins and bj wins i say set up gs vs kenny for the number one contendership. im in no hurry to see bj florian 2.

if gray wins and bj wins set up bj vs gray and guillard vs gs (providing both win)

if edgar wins i go jump off a freakin bridge and yall can figure it out,cuz ive already lost money on it once..................

TheKidInside
06-08-2010, 04:06 AM
if gs wins and kenny wins and bj wins i say set up gs vs kenny for the number one contendership. im in no hurry to see bj florian 2.

if gray wins and bj wins set up bj vs gray and guillard vs gs (providing both win)

if edgar wins i go jump off a freakin bridge and yall can figure it out,cuz ive already lost money on it once..................

i am afraid i will be forced to jump off that bridge with ya in that case man lol

kalebarker
06-08-2010, 09:57 AM

I'd rather have them setup GS vs Griffin. Griffin has bigger wins and bigger fights than Melvin. If he beats Dunham in Vancouver he will have won 9 out of his last ten.