PDA

View Full Version : Did you see Rampage on RAW?

Pasha K
06-09-2010, 01:15 AM
He appeared yesterday. Did you see the episode?
What did you think?

For me it was fucking pathetic, it is supossed that Roddy Pipper or Dusty Rhodes are old school and at least they should be cool using the mic but they sucked.
Rampage´s slams were pretty weak and overall it was very boring. It all looked extremely acted and fake.

Last time I saw RAW was about 4 or 5 months ago and now they are even worse.

Yeah, when Undertaker retires I will oficially stop watching WWE. Its really incredible how lame pro wrestling is compared to MMA.

lwbrewer
06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Yes WWE is lame compared to MMA. Big John Stud grew up by me and I had his nephew in the military. I got to meet him, and he had other over when they were in town. The wild somoians threw cookies out of the car at us. I got to talk to Jesse the body now he is a very intelliqual dude true bad ass as a former Navy Seal.I got tons of respect for him and admired his job as Gov

mma #1 fan
06-15-2010, 01:14 PM
He appeared yesterday. Did you see the episode?
What did you think?

For me it was fucking pathetic, it is supossed that Roddy Pipper or Dusty Rhodes are old school and at least they should be cool using the mic but they sucked.
Rampage´s slams were pretty weak and overall it was very boring. It all looked extremely acted and fake.
Last time I saw RAW was about 4 or 5 months ago and now they are even worse.

Yeah, when Undertaker retires I will oficially stop watching WWE. Its really incredible how lame pro wrestling is compared to MMA.

I am going to let you in on something but you have to take it to the grave
it is fake and was acted .
shhhhh don't tell any one
This post will self destruct in 5 , 4 ,3

Pasha K
06-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Man I perfectly know that its all fake and acted, but this time they really exagerated it. I mean, a 6 year old kid watch WWE and he maybe will think that it is real, but after watching that segment even a 6 year old kid would know that it is fake.

helipoison
06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I have read a couple of books. Stone Cold's, The Rock's, and Hulk Hogan's, and all 3 of them agree that the WWE (Stephanie McMahon more specifically) has made a huge error with trying to getting bigger and bigger guys in the ring that have little to no ability to cut a promo and have questionable ability to actually wrestle.

These days all promos are scripted by the creative department. Even the great "talkers" like HBK, HHH, and the like have gone to scripted material because of the company. This also includes the "old school guys", which is why I Piper and company seem like they can't cut a promo.

Stone Cold was very critical of this and has given interviews stating that this will be the downfall of the WWE.

Pasha K
06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
As far as I knew all the lines in wrestling always have been scripted....

And I hope WWE goes down, they make billions of dollars but they give a very weak show.

helipoison
06-16-2010, 02:35 PM
As far as I know, up until recently they cut their own promos. They had a script in the arena of which way the story line was going to go, but they had to build their own "drama" in accordance to the way the WWE want to create the storyline.

Also matches were scripted as to the outcome of the match. A lot of the wrestlers discussed the open set of moves to the match, and the finish prior to getting into the ring. They also talked about putting certain combos together in the middle of the match but guys like The Undertaker, The Rock, and Stone Cold would call matches as they went for the most part.

MixtapeCeaser204
06-16-2010, 09:34 PM
That was one of the worst Raw eps I have ever seen until the end. Its not the wrestlers fault, WWE just has the worst collection of writers in the history of entertainment of any form. They are BRUTAL. For a "genius" Vinny Mac allows a horrible product even by PG standards to be on his show. Too bad cuz there is so much they could have done with Rampage, his personality is a natural for pro wrestling. But yea that Raw was just embarrassing until the last 5 minutes. That NXT invasion was one of the best endings Raw has ever had.