PDA

View Full Version : Who impressed you the most at UFC 115?

TheKidInside
06-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow, I think that was a stellar night of fights! From beginning to end (Pyle sub'ing Lennox) and of course, my homefry Rich Franklin KOing (and hopefully retiring) Chuck Liddell...

Overall, one person stood out to me and that was Evan Dunham. I thought, no way can he take out the tough-as-nails Tyson Griffin. I had a great feeling the Hitman was also going to give Paulo Thiago a run for his money but not in that fashion so he's my second pick! Carlos Condit is another guy I wanted to see win and great job, so he's my 3rd!

Your Thoughts

thefirm0
06-13-2010, 03:58 PM
the cro cop of the last 2 years wouldn't have come back from the first round beating he took, but maybe just maybe he actually wants it now.

TheKidInside
06-13-2010, 06:53 PM
the cro cop of the last 2 years wouldn't have come back from the first round beating he took, but maybe just maybe he actually wants it now.

very well said! Everyone else, don't be scared to post a reply. you won't be neg'd or anything. just people's opinions here!

joeyP
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
It was Condit for me. That was the first time I have ever seen Greg Jackson try to get one of his fighters fired up, and damn did it work. That was the first time in a long time that I saw Condit go out there with intentions to HURT his opponent

TheKidInside
06-13-2010, 07:38 PM
It was Condit for me. That was the first time I have ever seen Greg Jackson try to get one of his fighters fired up, and damn did it work. That was the first time in a long time that I saw Condit go out there with intentions to HURT his opponent

I was very impressed with Condit, I think that's what he lacked, that killer instinct but damn Greg Jackson always knows what to do with his fighters!

edit: wow who the hell is voting for Rich?!?! lol

joeyP
06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
i love the robert green part of your sig.

Eplexx
06-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Rory was awesome!

Black
06-13-2010, 08:03 PM
I voted for Cro Cop... Rich was ok well he had broken hand and pull out KO... But I never see Cro Cop comeback from first round loss...

dexter
06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I wasn't impressed with Condit - he was fighting a UFC newcomer (albeit a really talented one) and got dominated in the first 2 rounds. Was pretty impressed by Rory.

I was oddly impressed by Yvel's strange ground game - totally unable to stop himself from getting mounted, but then also using some crazy sweeps... It's like he learned jiu-jitsu in reverse and can do some complicated stuff but not the basics. His g'n'p from the top position was also excellent - pity his wrestling isn't good enough for us to see it more often.

Rich Franklin I think was probably losing the round until he caught chuck - who looked good until that point where he got ktfo.

joeyP
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Who's voting for Rory and why?

QOTSA420
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Martin Kampmann had a career performance and really showed he belongs in the top 10. I thought he could win, but I had no idea he would threaten to the final bell. Thiago really had no answer in the third round.

Pyle also looked like he was finally putting things together. He got hit pretty hard a few times and to his credit he did not wilt up like he normally does.

Pasha K
06-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Mirko.
I think it was by far his best fight since 2006, yes he was rocked in the first round but he did a great 2nd and 3rd.

What I most liked is not only that he won, but the fact that he was agressive and showed a lot of weapons. Problem with him in his other fights was that he was very passive and only thing he was trying was his LHK. Yesterday (and actually in the Persoh fight too) he made combinations, he did middle kicks, axe kick, he tried his LHK, and finished the fight in a great way.

kickass32
06-13-2010, 11:52 PM
I voted for "Ace" because I don't think he was getting outclassed at all. He was giving as good as he was getting in most exchanges and even getting the better in some.
It would have been easy to quit with a broken arm, but Franklin kept coming, he took some big shots but never lost any composure.

The Return Of......
06-14-2010, 06:04 AM
rory was very impressive not only in his skill but how he handled defeat.

that being said i voted for franklin. dude broke his arm and kept fighting and you could tell it wasnt a last ditch effort at the end. he wasnt planning on quitting. then he didnt go straight to the dr, he went to the press conference.

very impressed by that.

IceCold48
06-14-2010, 06:13 AM
i voted for condit because he showed tremendous heart and cardio even though i kind of already knew he had it. evan dunham is a very close second guy could be a top 5 lw very soon if not now.

Trojan Fight Club
06-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I said it on here a week before that I would be the first you hear say Dunham takes Griffin and dammit i was right. I always liked Evan, probably because we share a first name, but I like his style as well, he has a KO victory a sub victory decision victories he's shown he can do it all in the UFC and I'm happy he got the win. Hopefully they feed him another contender and he can show the UFC brass he's no joke.

duffman83
06-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I voted for Kampmann. First, he beat the top ranked fighter on the card in dominating fashion. Second, He fought a smart tactical battle, which is a major step up from his previous fights.

One-Way
06-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Who's voting for Rory and why?

I did.

For a young kid he did really well against a game and top ten ranked Condit. If it would have gone an extra 10 seconds he might have had it.

dbump
06-15-2010, 06:16 AM
cro cop gets my vote for finally being aggresive in a UFC fight. honorable mention to Rich but, his KO was more due to Chucks chin then his punch. Condit had a great third round But hard to say he was impressive the rest of the fight. Rory could be a beast in a couple years.

cnlclink
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I voted other and by that I mean Kampman. I guess I had bought into the hype of Thiago a little or maybe thought that Kampman's striking wasn't as good as it appeared. In fact Kampman to me made Paulo's striking look very bad but what I was most astonished with was Kampman dominating the ground, almost submitted Paulo at least once.

Kampman get's rep points from me!!! lol

TheKidInside
06-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I voted other and by that I mean Kampman. I guess I had bought into the hype of Thiago a little or maybe thought that Kampman's striking wasn't as good as it appeared. In fact Kampman to me made Paulo's striking look very bad but what I was most astonished with was Kampman dominating the ground, almost submitted Paulo at least once.

Kampman get's rep points from me!!! lol

wow I knew I missed someone! haha yeah Kampmann was def impressive.