PDA

View Full Version : Best Prospect in Boxing

billbrasky
12-08-2006, 11:39 AM
WHo do guys believe is the next great champ coming up through the rankings? I think the best prospect out there is Andre Berto....kid is an absolute animal...KO power in both hands...hes gonna be a champion sooner rather than later

Afro
12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Allan Green, Andre Ward

Punk Ass
12-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Allan Green, Andre Ward

Diddo!!

billbrasky
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I dunno...Green and Ward have both looked shaky at times...Ward still boxes a little too amateurish and Green can get caught..like that espn2 fight when he got rocked by that stiff..if he wasnt fighting in his hometown they would have stopped the fight

Luis Cruz
12-08-2006, 03:37 PM
WHo do guys believe is the next great champ coming up through the rankings? I think the best prospect out there is Andre Berto....kid is an absolute animal...KO power in both hands...hes gonna be a champion sooner rather than later

I just said this in the other thread on sunday....

Andre Berto who fights next Saturday on the undercard (hopefully they show it) of the Taylor/Ouma fight. This kid could fight at 147 or 154. He's still very new too but i caught one of his very first professional fights and i can't remember the last time i seen a fighter that new impress me that much. This kid is a very complete fighter. He has amazing boxing skills, greta power, and very slick defensively. In time, whatever weight he stays at is where he'll own titles. Aside from Mosely i think 154 is pretty wide open right now for the taking. He's not ready yet but when he is, look out. He's fought lesser competition of course but you can still see how tremendously skilled he is and that's now, imagine when he peaks?! Mark my words, this is a superstar in the making, you heard it here. If they show it Saturday, watch it!

I agree on both assessments of Ward and Green. Ward still has a ways to go and DOES look amateurish at times which is expected he's young and Green is too cocky in his abilities already before fighting a top contender and yea he almost paid the price by getting ko'd by McCrary who took the fight on about 2 days notice i think it was. Yea he's lucky my favorite ref in boxing (Gary Ritter) was on that one or that fight definately gets stopped, he was bad off and no one would have argued if it was stopped. For me Chavez and Berto are all time greats in the making.

Punk Ass
12-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I just said this in the other thread on sunday....

I agree on both assessments of Ward and Green. Ward still has a ways to go and DOES look amateurish at times which is expected he's young and Green is too cocky in his abilities already before fighting a top contender and yea he almost paid the price by getting ko'd by McCrary who took the fight on about 2 days notice i think it was. Yea he's lucky my favorite ref in boxing (Gary Ritter) was on that one or that fight definately gets stopped, he was bad off and no one would have argued if it was stopped. For me Chavez and Berto are all time greats in the making.

What about Paul Williams?? I forgot about him.

billbrasky
12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Two other guys i like, although still pretty early along...amir khan who was a silver medalist for the UK and manny stewards young irish olympian andy lee..both are starting to get some hype...especially khan..they love him over there

Salvy_Mic
12-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I like what I see from David Haye, the British Cruiserweight champion. He's been ready to step up his competition for a long time, just hasn't gotten a chance, and he's already fought a lot of difficult opponents. If he moves up, he could be the next Evander Holyfield.