PDA

View Full Version : Rich Franklin vs Randy Couture

TheKidInside
06-21-2010, 01:07 AM
I think it's a stellar match up between a great game-planner and a guy who is so well rounded and comfortable wherever the fight goes in Ace...Who do you think takes it and why?

KevoOnTheRadio
06-21-2010, 01:29 AM
I think Randy can get Rich to his back and GnP to a win.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
06-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Randy's boxing and timing is too technically "on point" to really allow Rich much in terms of getting the fight into a tradeoff on the feet, thus allowing Rich to use his power and if it gets into the clinch and into grecco world, I think Rich'll suffer from where Randy's wheelhouse is and I just think Randy is more comfortable in more areas than Rich is at the moment.

I actually invision this fight going eerily similar to Randy/Tito, in regards to Rich being a pretty solid wrestler, but nowhere near Randy and I see him getting grinded on and rushed. If Rich stays away, I think he can catch Randy, but I don't think his striking is great enough to outpoint Randy for all three rounds without succumbing to the takedown or clinchwar.

Randy via UD.

MMAV
06-21-2010, 01:48 AM
I went with Randy. The guy would just take Ace down at will, GnP or get a UD. Rich has a chance but i'd give the edge to Randy... Deadliest Warrior reference... nice.

TheDoucheyWun
06-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Randy's boxing and timing is too technically "on point" to really allow Rich much in terms of getting the fight into a tradeoff on the feet, thus allowing Rich to use his power and if it gets into the clinch and into grecco world, I think Rich'll suffer from where Randy's wheelhouse is and I just think Randy is more comfortable in more areas than Rich is at the moment.

I actually invision this fight going eerily similar to Randy/Tito, in regards to Rich being a pretty solid wrestler, but nowhere near Randy and I see him getting grinded on and rushed. If Rich stays away, I think he can catch Randy, but I don't think his striking is great enough to outpoint Randy for all three rounds without succumbing to the takedown or clinchwar.

Randy via UD.

this/ TKO

TheKidInside
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
wow no faith in Rich anymore?