PDA

View Full Version : Who's nutsack did u first hug in MMA?

TheDoucheyWun
06-21-2010, 03:06 AM
I know there's a thread started previous finding out when we all got in to MMA, But whom was the fighter that did it for you? and if it wasnt a fighter whom got u hooked whom was your favorite when u did get hooked? Mine was RAMPAGE and i cant stand the prick for the life of me now

hurt80
06-21-2010, 03:26 AM
royce for sure and the first guy i really hated was don frye but i am quite entertained by don frye these days...funny how opinions change!

TheDoucheyWun
06-21-2010, 03:29 AM
royce was the 1st nutsack i ever hugged once i started researching and watching older UFC's... damn he was the man

SimpleJack
06-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Royce, but once he went from underdog to the Favored One, I quickly became a fan of Keith Hackney and Don Frye..........obviously.

Dr. MMA
06-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Tito. Although Coleman is considered the godfather of GnP, Tito made it famous especially from inside the guard. I started losing respect for Tito over the years, but he was the one that really got me into the sport, so I don't think I'll ever end up hating him. It's that reason that I have never cheered against him to this day.

willpunisher
06-21-2010, 03:39 AM
belfort

MMA, Esq.
06-21-2010, 03:46 AM
Even though I loved the sport and really liked several of the fighters (Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, etc) from the very beginning, I never coined a "favorite" until Frank Mir. The inside shoulder lock on Williams, the toe hold on Tank and, of course, the arm bar on Timmay - seeing a guy his size doing that. I've been in martial arts since I was 11, but was always a striker - he made me want to start working on my ground game, which is now my favorite area of MMA.

TheDoucheyWun
06-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Thats what Royce did for me because he was so small taking down giants with jits i figured hell im not very big but can take one hell of a punch I wanna learn that bjj shit... sure enough it became the passion, I hate people who bitch about ground game i love it

TheKidInside
06-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Brock Lesnar.

Ramma
06-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Definitely noob jack worthy, but I like the thread.

Absolutely Vitor Belfort. Probably the only guy who I ever truly "hugged the nuts of". That was borderline man crush.

MMAV
06-21-2010, 04:49 AM
Tie between Dan Severn and Royce.I also enjoyed Don Frye and Shamrock... well before he went downhill..

JayBorts
06-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Genki Sudo for me. That guy had some sick grapples, crisp striking, and hands down the most awesome entrances ever.

MetalHead75
06-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Dan Severn

petchicken
06-21-2010, 07:12 AM
chuck. he was the man. still cry myself to sleep every night that he got KTFO by rich (whom i also like though) because i doubt we will ever see him fight again. :sadsong:

unkoil
06-21-2010, 07:23 AM
"the worlds most dangerous man"

Xanatos
06-21-2010, 07:41 AM
"the worlds most dangerous man"

Jean Claude Van Damme?

but in all seriousness the first guy I really got into was probably Randy. But i was a big fan of Ken Shamrock back in the day, then Wanderlai. But it wasn't until the Couture vs Belfort days that the nut sucki I mean nut hugging began.

joeyP
06-21-2010, 08:10 AM
clay guida

TheDoucheyWun
06-21-2010, 08:21 AM
clay guida

Seriously?

IceCold48
06-21-2010, 08:22 AM
forrest <3

GSPvsSILVA2012
06-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Todd Duffee

HighPlainsDrifter
06-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Royce was first but yeah when Vitor showed I thought he was the greatest fighter ever. I still like the guy but no where near as much as I used too.

The Muss
06-21-2010, 11:53 AM
tank abbott because i was like 10 or 12 and he was fat drank lots and knocked people the fuck out.. then when i matured a little i discovered a young man named BJ Penn and i never once looked back ill be hugging them nuts for a life time lol..

JCVD
06-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Lot of you broke your cherry on UFC fighters. I hate to break trend but i popped my cherry in Pride. I'd seen Royce and Ken but i wouldnt say i nuthugged them. As far as the guys that actually got me watching the sport, my first nughug's were Fedor and Cro Cop back in their prime wasting everyone. Always had a little nuthug crush on Big Nog around the same time aswell. But it was fedor and Cro Cop that really got me watching MMA on a regular basis.

Qball1974
06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Tank:flushsmilie: .....then Frank Shamrock.

pdx_boxer503
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Forrest griffin

bottlerocks
06-21-2010, 10:27 PM
I've always been pretty objective and never rode nuts until GSP came along.

Whenever I read/hear anything negative about him I instantly become the most biased person ever.

GSP ftw

Kensmelangelo
06-26-2010, 12:44 AM
I know there's a thread started previous finding out when we all got in to MMA, But whom was the fighter that did it for you? and if it wasnt a fighter whom got u hooked whom was your favorite when u did get hooked? Mine was RAMPAGE and i cant stand the prick for the life of me now

I didn't really get too into it until recently, but the first fighter that caught my eye was Randy Couture. Other than watching a few minutes of some of the first UFC fights and renting a few videos, I never really got into it. The first time I watched UFC regularly was the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. I'm not a big fan of trash talking and ego, so the first one who really caught my eye was Couture. Here's a guy who is an insanely successful fighter and yet he came across so humble. I look up to that.

Stacked
06-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Ken Shamrock :/

noahm
06-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Been a fan since UFC 1. I liked Royce, Oleg, Keith, Ruas, Belfort etc. as they came through, but never really had a real crush till Forrest came along. Now, I really don't have any particular fighter that gives me the tingles.

Kensmelangelo
06-26-2010, 04:29 AM
Been a fan since UFC 1. I liked Royce, Oleg, Keith, Ruas, Belfort etc. as they came through, but never really had a real crush till Forrest came along. Now, I really don't have any particular fighter that gives me the tingles.

I forgot all about Oleg Taktorov. I rented a few UFC VHS back in the day and I remember Oleg defeating Tank Abbott in the finals of some tournament. He really had me going!

Agentman
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm old enough to recall the first UFC's and back in those days I was a Shamrock mark, although in recent years he's done nothing but annoy me with the whole Ortiz thing and the allegations of substance abuse.

He was a big deal back in the early 90's as one of the few professional fighters along with Gracie but as the competition developed and fighters started to cross train he was less impressive. He suffered alot of injuries in the WWF but in all honesty he hasnt put a decent showing in since the Don Frye fight years ago.

After Ken Shamrock I developed a respect for that first generation of true mixed martial artists such as Ortiz, Liddell, Tanner, Frank Shamrock, Hughes, Horn and Miletich etc

One-Way
07-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Starting from earliest to latest:
Ken Shamrock
Bas Rutten
Tito
Wanderlei
Cro cop
Randy
Chuck
Hughes
GSP

I will forever have man crushes on Randy nd GSP

Trojan Fight Club
07-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Ken Shamrock, then I moved on to Chuck and I'm now firmly hanging from Fedor's.

The Sword
07-06-2010, 03:45 AM
I hang on cuddles Clitoris dose that count?

TheDoucheyWun
07-06-2010, 03:49 AM
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Trojan Fight Club
07-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I hang on cuddles Clitoris dose that count?

Damn you and your imaginative ways at beating me in the race for cuddles.

mmawolverine
07-06-2010, 08:20 AM
the phenom

The Sword
07-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Damn you and your imaginative ways at beating me in the race for cuddles.

Its cause what cuddles and I have is true love

NLRepublic
07-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Wandys

Xtremo
07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Began watching MMA in mid 06, got more into it in 07, and got completely obsessed in 08

Anyways..

Evan Tanner
then
Ken Shamrock
then
Tito Ortiz
then
Koscheck
then
Paul Buentello
then
Anderson Silva
then
Brock Lesnar
then
Cain Velasquez
then me
WAR ME!!!:grinsmile1:

beardown98
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Keith hackney
his fight with yarborough was one of the first fights of the UFC's i saw when we rented the VHS for UFC 3
then Royce
then no one for a few years then sakuraba and Pulver
Then from then till now WAND!!!!!

The8thPlague
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Wanderlei Silva & Mirko Filipovic.

Druel
07-09-2010, 02:38 AM
I watched the first couple UFC's on VHS and liked Ken Shamrock but only because I recognised him from WWE >< I didn't watch a UFC again until Hughes vs Penn II and funnily enough this made me love Penn alot.

I remember thinking at the time "If a guy that lazy can nearly win a fight against this machine then that gives us all hope". I've never liked Tito ever!

Rumble
07-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Had to be BJ Penn after he beat Caol Uno.

HammerFist
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.theoav.com/forum/images/smilies/nigger2.jpg

GL Jeff
07-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I had been a fan of MMA for awhile. But the first person I would say I was hugging would be Matt Hughes. I havent had a man crush for a MMA fighter like I did Matt.

Repenter
07-15-2010, 09:55 PM
matt hughes. i was wrestling in high school around 2003, and matt hughes had become the unstoppable machine. i bought into the hype, revered the guy, and watched in disbefuckinglief when bj destroyed him. hughes went on the best tear of his career after that, but since then, bj penn has become far and away my favorite fighter.... and moreso since i started mma training in disciplines besides wrestling three years ago

Dan
07-25-2010, 02:44 PM
For me it was Forrest Griffin and Diego Sanchez (and as you can tell from my avatar I still have somewhat of a soft-spot for Griffin) on TUF 1 when I was 15.

I liked Griffin because he didnt have any ego (unlike others on TUF Season 1, like Chris Leben, saying he was the best in the world etc etc.) and he was funny, but he got the job done. And after the Griffin/Bonnar war it was difficult not to respect the guy, he slugged it out for 15mins straight and kept coming forward.

I liked Sanchez for a different reason. After seeing what a crazy character he was with all the training in the storm, yoga/meditation/zen stuff, I was eager to see him fight. And the fact that he walked through every fight he had was pretty impressive. Even more impressive is that he did that at Middleweight, where most of the guys were bigger than him.

Thamob
08-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Tito,then I grew up.

Dan
08-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Keith hackney
his fight with yarborough was one of the first fights of the UFC's i saw when we rented the VHS for UFC 3
then Royce
then no one for a few years then sakuraba and Pulver
Then from then till now WAND!!!!!

Yeah man, seeing Hackney defeat Yarborough was pretty great just because of the ridiculous size difference. I mean, Yarborough has to be one of the only guys to have a W on his MMA record (on Wikipedia) with Submission (SMOTHER) next to it! haha.

Iron Triangle
08-27-2010, 02:09 AM
I wouldn't say I hugged their nuts; GSP and Anderson Silva. They were in some of the very first modern UFCs I watched.

At the time I thought all the guys in UFC were that good then I quickly found out why those two are the champs in their division.

Now I am not a big fan of either. Anderson's title defenses against Leites and Maia kind of towned down my interest in his fights.

GSP, while dominate, is an overglorified Lay and Prayer. Watching him reminds me of Rickson Gracie's statement: "The UFC doesn't have the best fighters in the worlds anymore. Now it is just a bunch of tough guys who know how to use the rules." I didn't know what he meant at first but now, whenever I see a wrestler grind out a decision win over his opponent, that quote immediatley comes to mind.

TheDoucheyWun
04-01-2011, 03:38 AM
with a new generation of MMANEWS forum creepers around I figure I'd bump this

CHAEL fan
04-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Matt 'The Law' :devil: Lindland

Great bump by the way!

singinkangaroooo
04-01-2011, 03:52 AM
GSPs nuts were the first pair i firmly grabbed on to.. Randy introduced me to the sport but GSP is the reason i watched intently

TheDoucheyWun
04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Matt 'The Law' :devil: Lindland

Definitly not my 1st guess but surly second lol.