PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Bashing

The8thPlague
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Apparently there's a few people here who don't like to hear people talk about their Favorite Fighters in a bad way, even if that fighter happens to be one of Your favorite fighters as well.
Criticism... they can't stand it.

But for some reason the Forum is all for ripping on Kalib Starnes & War Machine ALL DAY.
Because that's O.K.

I'm sorry if One of my Favorite fighters does or says something Stupid & I Call Him Out On It.
People just don't want to hear the truth or negative criticism to their favorite pair of Nuts They Hug.

Get Over Yourselves.

So anyways, let's get back to War Machine.
That fuckin' guy is..............

Pasha K
06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
IMO criticism and fighter bashing are 2 very different things.

NLRepublic
06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Agreed man, its totally fine to rip on someone as long as its not someone most people like

I also agree with Pashak that there is a difference between criticism and fighter bashing as well

That being said I still completely believe that fighter bashing is accepted if the guy being bashed is not a favorite and its not accepted if its someone people like

Like for example, I'll get a warning for fighter bashing if I call someone a douche, then the next day, the guy who sends me a warning is aloud to call someone a greasy mook. Hypocritical

SimpleJack
06-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Bullshit.

Fighter bashing comes down to personal attacks and detrimental comments that in no way revolve around his/her performance in the ring/cage. These comments reflect an overall disrespect for the sport and its combatants who put their health and well-being on the line to earn a living and entertain you.

When I see it, you will get dinged regardless if its who I like or dislike.

pdx_boxer503
06-22-2010, 08:40 PM

.....a tool

lwbrewer
06-22-2010, 08:45 PM
It's diffently a two sided street. I don't know if it's compaint the mods get or picking on a mods favorite fighter. Either way theirs really no need for bashing someone. More of I think it is poeples writing getting taken the wrong way due to poor wording a lot of the time[problem of mine] My beef is more with the swearing I like to keep my kid interested in the sport use a few *#@ or what ever we'll still get the point

SimpleJack
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
.....a tool

Now, here is a classic example.

"Fighter" A exhibits toolish behavior outside of the ring and someone states that he is a tool.

Now, to me, this comes across as stating a fact that in no way is detrimental to the fighter or the sport. However, if this comment reflected his sexual preference, race, etc., it would obviously be bashing.

lwbrewer
06-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Now, here is a classic example.

"Fighter" A exhibits toolish behavior outside of the ring and someone states that he is a tool.

Now, to me, this comes across as stating a fact that in no way is detrimental to the fighter or the sport. However, if this comment reflected his sexual preference, race, etc., it would obviously be bashing. You need to get rid of the pick of the kid in glass's if you want me to take you serously. That pic kills me no offense bud

NLRepublic
06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
You need to get rid of the pick of the kid in glass's if you want me to take you serously. That pic kills me no offense bud

Who is that anyway? haha is that like a fighter pic when they were a kid or anything??

SimpleJack
06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
That's Hank the Angry Dwarf from Howard Stern. He passed away a while back. He used to get drunk as hell and go off on BeetleJuice and Gary the Retard.

EDIT: IS THAT BETTER???

rivethead
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Apparently there's a few people here who don't like to hear people talk about their Favorite Fighters in a bad way, even if that fighter happens to be one of Your favorite fighters as well.
Criticism... they can't stand it.

But for some reason the Forum is all for ripping on Kalib Starnes & War Machine ALL DAY.
Because that's O.K.

I'm sorry if One of my Favorite fighters does or says something Stupid & I Call Him Out On It.
People just don't want to hear the truth or negative criticism to their favorite pair of Nuts They Hug.

Get Over Yourselves.

So you PM me whining about being able to talk about your feelings freely, and then you need to make a thread about it...and I'm the one who needs to get over myself?

There is a difference between providing critical analysis of someone's skillset and calling them a bitch and a pansy.

Like for example, I'll get a warning for fighter bashing if I call someone a douche, then the next day, the guy who sends me a warning is aloud to call someone a greasy mook. Hypocritical

No. What's hypocritical is: A) someone who apologizes to me when they get a warning, and then posts this bullshit; B) someone who misrepresents what they actually said--calling someone a faggy little douche instead of just a douche, and then someone who misrepresents what I actually said--I've never used the term greasy mook, and never even used the term mook to describe a specific fighter. I generally reserve it's use to describe whiney little know-nothing punkasses that start/contribute to threads like this.

But thanks for playing anyway.

rh

SimpleJack
06-22-2010, 10:35 PM
And that, my friends, is how you respond to criticism.

NLRepublic
06-23-2010, 12:25 AM
So you PM me whining about being able to talk about your feelings freely, and then you need to make a thread about it...and I'm the one who needs to get over myself?

There is a difference between providing critical analysis of someone's skillset and calling them a bitch and a pansy.

No. What's hypocritical is: A) someone who apologizes to me when they get a warning, and then posts this bullshit; B) someone who misrepresents what they actually said--calling someone a faggy little douche instead of just a douche, and then someone who misrepresents what I actually said--I've never used the term greasy mook, and never even used the term mook to describe a specific fighter. I generally reserve it's use to describe whiney little know-nothing punkasses that start/contribute to threads like this.

But thanks for playing anyway.

rh

"To me, this sounds a lot to me like some hair-product-and-body-spray-wearing mook who strikes out at a bar and then declares it to be full of lesbians."

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/general-mma-forum/42807-karo-parisyan-bashes-strikeforce-praises-ufc-dana.html

Sorry man, your right, it wasn't greasy my bad

I apologized because you were right. I wrote to this thread because that's what you wrote the next day

rivethead
06-23-2010, 03:17 AM
"To me, this sounds a lot to me like some hair-product-and-body-spray-wearing mook who strikes out at a bar and then declares it to be full of lesbians."

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/general-mma-forum/42807-karo-parisyan-bashes-strikeforce-praises-ufc-dana.html

I apologized because you were right. I wrote to this thread because that's what you wrote the next day

I can understand missing the distinction between actually calling someone a mook and saying their behavior reminds me of something a mook does...so I'm shooting you some rep.

rh

Sniggles
06-23-2010, 04:41 AM
http://www.mmanews.com/forums/general-mma-forum/38798-medical-suspensions-ufc104.html#post661003

Example of what not to do. The result of my getting smashed after the Bob Saget comedy show then watching the Shogun/Machida fight afterwards.

=)

lwbrewer
06-23-2010, 12:26 PM
DonFrye I see you chaged your pic don't know what to say other than it's fitting to your last one.lol.

SimpleJack
06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Damn.....there's no satisfying you people.

lwbrewer
06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Damn.....there's no satisfying you people.

Good one I'll have to rep you later 24hr to many alarm going off:grinsmile1:

The Muss
06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Mum always told me if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all :grinsmile1:

Chute_Boxe44
06-25-2010, 03:32 AM

Awesome hahahaha