PDA

View Full Version : Chris "Cyborg" Santos vs..........

dan the man 67
06-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Chris "Cyborg" Santos vs..........

-A pro MMA male fighter, same weight as her
-A pro MMA male fighter, 10lbs lighter than her.
-A pro MMA male fighter, 20lbs lighter than her.

Does she have any chance?

m1ckeykn0x
06-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Fuck yeah she does.

Hell, I think he would beat the living shit out of Faber. at 145 or 135.

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am serious when I say I would like to see her fight a few guys in the 135 and 145 division, but ONLY because I REALLY think she'd whoop their ass!!

Which is fuckin scary man.

I love cyborg. I think I have a man-crush on her'im.

Oh and by the way Dan, giving her a man that is 20 pounds lighter than her??? You want to see a man cry in humiliation or what?

Masscore
06-27-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't mean to sound sexiest, but she wouldn't have a chance against any legit male fighter at 125-145. She could beat the scrubs from small shows, but no one that is actually anywhere near legit. She destroying these women who have no chance because they just don't have the talent and she is too powerful. Against guys she would have no strength advantage and would get smoked.

And I have some basis for my reasoning too. When I was in high school there was this girl wrestler who won tons national freestyle tournys in womens competitions. I think she was even close to making the Olympic team a few years ago, but she never once placed at states. I think throughout high school she had a .500 career record, maybe a little bit better.

dan the man 67
06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't mean to sound sexiest, but she wouldn't have a chance against any legit male fighter at 125-145. She could beat the scrubs from small shows, but no one that is actually anywhere near legit. She destroying these women who have no chance because they just don't have the talent and she is too powerful. Against guys she would have no strength advantage and would get smoked.

Against a male the same weight as her, I agree, the male would just naturally be stronger. I think it gets more interesting with lighter males. How big of an advantage does a male have, if you are talking about 2 people the exact same weight, and both basically 100% muscle? Obviously, that advantage diminishes when you are talking about males lighter than her. How much lighter would they have to be for the strength factor to be equal? Difficult to say...... You make it sound like the male would always have the strength advantage, regardless of a difference in weight. I disagree with that.

As far as skill goes, she certainly is right up there. She's a purple belt in BJJ, so to be fair, the matchup would have to be against a fellow male purple belt. Her standup is pretty brutal....hits very hard, and has excellent speed.

m1ckeykn0x
06-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Cyborg is a beastly woman.

She would destroy a male flyweight. There would be no strength advantage for the male in that one whatsoever.

*whistles* thats my wo-Man!

Massocre, show me a male flyweight you think would beat Cyborg?

I have no knowledge of the flyweight division, nor much of the bantam for that matter.

Masscore
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Against a male the same weight as her, I agree, the male would just naturally be stronger. I think it gets more interesting with lighter males. How big of an advantage does a male have, if you are talking about 2 people the exact same weight, and both basically 100% muscle? Obviously, that advantage diminishes when you are talking about males lighter than her. How much lighter would they have to be for the strength factor to be equal? Difficult to say...... You make it sound like the male would always have the strength advantage, regardless of a difference in weight. I disagree with that.

As far as skill goes, she certainly is right up there. She's a purple belt in BJJ, so to be fair, the matchup would have to be against a fellow male purple belt. Her standup is pretty brutal....hits very hard, and has excellent speed.

I really do not see her beating anyone at 135 in the WEC. Like I sad she could probably beat lower level guys at small shows, but anyone thats good would beat her and probably beat her soundly.

As far as the skills go she looks really skillful against women. But seriously next time watch her fight and really watch what she is doing. She is very flat footed and throws a lot of arm punches. She is able to get away with because she is just on another level when it comes to women fighters. Someone like Charlie Valencia (sp??) who is not a Top 10 BW would probably lite her up because of the way she strikes.

jay-c
06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Well with the current trend, maybe Chyna aka Joanie Laurer will jump into MMA too. :grinsmile1::dry:

m1ckeykn0x
06-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Where's Sonya Blade when you need her?

We have to find an opponent for Baraka.

GSPvsSILVA2012
06-28-2010, 04:45 AM
nope